Ten Year Old Tom (HBO Max show)

Classic Speedy

The wife!
Staff member
Reporter
A new show from Steve Dildarian has debuted on HBO Max. It's a spiritual successor to his earlier show The Life and Times of Tim, so if you've seen that, you know what to expect here: Cringe comedy, awkward banter and the main character getting themselves into some escalating embarrassing situations.

I've watched the first two episodes so far (each episode is comprised of two shorts). Of them, the best was "The Spelling Bee is Rigged"- one character is asking Tom to cheat to win, another is begging him to lose because he's betting against him. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

One thing that bugs me about the show, though, is that Tom is basically Tim in kid form, but has the same adult voice and personality. And since the character names are so similar, I almost thought this was a prequel series at first, but no, Tom is supposed to be an entirely different character. It's weird.

Another thing: This is going to sound like damning with faint praise but the animation is improved over TLATOT- there are actually character movements at times! Yeah it doesn't sound like much, but considering the characters in TLATOT were basically static except for an independent arm movement here and there, anything's going to look like a step up.

Anyone else watching this?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Yesterday at my local Meijer store, I saw LEGO sets for The Batman movie. I guess merch is starting to hit the shelves.
"Shani Like A Star" is a very wholesome Polly Pocket episode, whether it's in Shani trying to fit in to impress others but having trouble, Ava trying to muster up the confidence to be with others, and having Polly and Lila act like pseudo parents. Only a show like this can make the phrase "odd ducks" endearing and empowering
2016 was really a year that Internet went to hell and was never same again.
The official Belgian passport will soon have Smurfs, Marsupilamis, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke and other Belgian comic book characters on it.
what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Featured Posts