The 1999 Funimation dub of DBZ still holds up by modern standards

Dwain345

Banned
I personally think that the 1999 Funimation dub of DBZ still holds up by modern standards and it’s still worth watching. It manages to capture the feel of the show in a way other dubs before and after them tried to create. It makes the characters and music sound like a 80s action cartoon show. It’s also way better than other dubs during that time and the voice actors were better than the ocean dub voice actors. Plus they have rock bands in their movies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I still feel The Casagrandes was a slipshod clone of The Loud House that didn't need to exist, but I have to admit its theme song is catchy. It's a bouncy little earworm.
there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.

Featured Posts