RUN!
Staff member
peter-paltridge submitted news

The Animated Mario Movie Is Officially A Go

mario1-175x130.jpg

Continue reading on Toonzone News.

Dudley

Staff member
As many freak out over Illumination handling this project, I remain confident that Nintendo will see to it that the adaptation will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

If they use actual voice actors here is my ideal cast--

Mario - Charles Martinet (or Carlos Alazraqui)
Luigi - Eric Bauza
Princess Peach - Kari Wahlgren
Bowser - Kevin Michael Richardson
Princess Daisy - Jessica DiCicco
Yoshi - Lauren Tom
Kirby - Tara Strong
Toad - Ben Deskin
Toadette - Natalie Lanter
Wario - John Dimaggio
Waluigi - Keith Ferguson
Roselina - Laura Bailey
Pauline - Grey Delisle
King Boo - Jim Pirri
Donkey Kong - Fred Tatasciore
Diddy Kong - Jeremy Shada

Make it happen

Last edited:

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
How well could this movie actually do? Illumination has been notorious for it's movies in popularity and box office, and Mario is a pretty popular franchise....

jaylop97

Staff member
I think the movie will be fine with Illumination, however even as big as Mario is the only thing I worry for is how big will the movie do overall, since most Video Game movies don't really do to well, Ratchet and Clank being a prime example of this, but then again Angry Birds did well, so there is that.

Dudley

Staff member
With Illumination’s low budgets and track record of success, Universal’s marketing tactics, and the fact that it’ll star the most well known video game character of all time, I think this film will do pretty well (and that’s an understatement).
I’m thinking it could make a billion at the global box office, but even just half of that would be considered a big success.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Some have noted that Illumination recycles character models a lot. On one instance two or three times in the same scene. However since a lot of characters look the same (Toads, Goombas, Koopa Troopa's) that won't be a problem here.

Mandouga

As many freak out over Illumination handling this project, I remain confident that Nintendo will see to it that the adaptation will be good.

I don't feel that I'm "freaking out" exactly, but, while I won't say "selling out", I do think that Nintendo is making a big mistake. Even the three animated series by DIC, while having pop culture references, and in the case of the first series pop songs, never really tried to parody the games (either way, pop culture references were never the all or end of those shows, plus the pop songs were mostly just background music, with no direct involvement in the show). What's to say this movie wouldn't be just another parody/tribute, especially one that doesn't know what it's talking about?

What's more, even if it were to look exactly like the games, there's still a chance that it could be even worse than the live-action movie ever was. The Ratchet and Clank movie...still felt like Ratchet and Clank to me. However, I understand that when T.J. Fixman wrote the Ratchet and Clank movie, much of his script had been rewritten by the movie's director, which might explain why that one failed.

In any case, I really hope that Nintendo knows what they're doing. I really do. Oh, and please don't mention The Peanuts Movie. That was one thing, this is another.

5YearsOnEastCoast

This is just a rumor, but it is interesting to see that a possible Illumination Mario movie will be based on the Mario Adventures comics.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

This is just a rumor, but it is interesting to see that a possible Illumination Mario movie will be based on the Mario Adventures comics.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Super Mario Adventures...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So funny, I forgot to laugh...

Really, though; a movie based on a comic that ran in Nintendo Power magazine? I don't think so! Whoever floated that rumor was likely just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Now, I will admit, I could (repeat: "could") be wrong, but the chances of this movie adapting the Nintendo Power comics are extremely unlikely.

DogBoneController

My first post on the forums! This'll be exciting.

If they're bringing in Spike from Wrecking Crew then this should be very intriguing. It suggests that they're not going to just do a straight out adaptation of the SMB game so that it could avoid the mistakes of the live-action movie. I wonder if Donkey Kong could end up tying in with the movie as well.

That being said, this better not be an NDA violation.

Last edited:

Mandouga

My first post on the forums! This'll be exciting.

If they're bringing in Spike from Wrecking Crew then this should be very intriguing. It suggests that they're not going to just do a straight out adaptation of the SMB game so that it could avoid the mistakes of the live-action movie. I wonder if Donkey Kong could end up tying in with the movie as well.

That being said, this better not be an NDA violation.
Or it could mean that it's part of the gag, where everyone thinks it's going to be a "Super Mario" movie, then...

"Too bad, Foreman Spike time!"

Then, it just goes downhill from there.

Shigeru Miyamoto is supposed to have some Involvement with this movie, but it's still too early to tell whether it will be "lip service" or not.

Look, everyone. Considering that this is Illumitoon we're talking about, I'm just not sure. Still, I'm going to need more information before I can know for sure that this is a movie that would actually be watchable (i.e., by everyone, not just the parents...).

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

harry580

some random thought but when I first heard spike coming to the Mario movie, I thought of this coming to the film:

until I realized that this film is going to have a forgotten Mario character also named spike

user313856

some random thought but when I first heard spike coming to the Mario movie, I thought of this coming to the film:

until I realized that this film is going to have a forgotten Mario character also named spike
Not forgotten to me, considering how much I played Super Mario Bros. 3.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts