DogBoneController

I have to imagine either Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom or Avatar 2 will move. Anyone who knows anything about Illumination films knows Universal will take the marketing campaign up to eleven (with Nintendo also joining in, because they have a stake in this too; I wouldn't be surprised if a good part of the budget, potentially a quarter, goes to marketing). And it will be on a scale that not even Pokemon Detective Pikachu (which WB never really put much effort into promoting, along with nearly all their 2019 slate) and Sonic the Hedgehog could match.

You mean Peach.
TBF European-Latino is still considered white in most circles.

user313856

The cast full of stars aren't the big red flag for me, it's the fact that Illumination is doing it. The only reason why I'm not 100% hopeless on this is because Sony gave us The Emoji Movie, and later gave us Spider-Man Into The Spider-verse. This proved that the problem was never lack of talent, but management. Will Illumination have their Phil Lord and Chris Miller to change things? It would probably be a miracle, but I want that.

Also, one interesting thought I found the video is how the YouTuber said that if he had to choose one team to really be able to do justice to Mario and rise to all the huge challenges of adapting the character and its world, it would be the Termite Terrace team responsible for the classic Looney Tunes shorts. The blank slate of Mario as a character makes him and his world perhaps better suited to the fun, creative and playful animation and comedy of those classics. But everyone is long dead at this point.
You do realize somebody liking something doesn't make it good, right?
My favorite video on the film:

Last edited:

Mandouga

@ matbezlima:

To a certain degree, DIC gave them the Warner Bros. kind of treatment when they made The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Now, Nintendo wasn’t (and technically, still isn’t) crazy about the kind of show DIC was going to do, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogBoneController

To a certain degree, DIC gave them the Warner Bros. kind of treatment when they made The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Now, Nintendo wasn’t (and technically, still isn’t) crazy about the kind of show DIC was going to do, but still.
Warner Bros cartoons don't involve error-ridden animation, misspellings, bad lip-syncing, storyboard errors (remember when King Koopa threw a Bomb-Omb and he called it a "magic potion"?), and characters with the wrong voice actors.

Mandouga

Warner Bros cartoons don't involve error-ridden animation, misspellings, bad lip-syncing, storyboard errors (remember when King Koopa threw a Bomb-Omb and he called it a "magic potion"?), and characters with the wrong voice actors.

You know what I mean…

Mandouga

Let’s not jump to conclusions. We won’t know the complete title until they officially announce what it is.

DogBoneController

A lot more domain names have just been claimed, as of October 26.

"Supermariobrosfilm.com"/"Thesupermariobrosfilm.com"

"Mariobrosfilm.com"/"Themariobrosfilm.com"

"Supermario.movie"/"Thesupermario.movie"

All claimed by NBCUni.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
A paparazzi company called TooFab just happened to stumble upon Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri and ask him about Chris Pratt's casting as Mario. According to him, Pratt will not sound like Charles Martinet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts