Frontier

Staff member
A paparazzi company called TooFab just happened to stumble upon Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri and ask him about Chris Pratt's casting as Mario. According to him, Pratt will not sound like Charles Martinet.

That always seemed like a longshot to me...

Mandouga

Yeah, well just remember. The characters—let alone Mario himself—are “often imitated”, but “never duplicated”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogBoneController

Hmmmm....
1648956721704.png

CNick

Oh, let's hope that the directors don't spawn another Teen Titans GO! clone. But with Shigeru Miyamoto himself watching over the movie, it should be good.

Mandouga

Oh, let's hope that the directors don't spawn another Teen Titans GO! clone. But with Shigeru Miyamoto himself watching over the movie, it should be good.

Unfortunately (and I’ve said this before, more or less), "watching over" is a vague phrase. In the end, we simply don't know how involved he is with this movie. This is Illumination Entertainment (as in, the creators of Despicable Me) we're talking about. For all we know, they may have simply put his name in the movie just to reassure the viewers. Even then, he may have been "kicked upstairs” (i.e., reduced to a mere "consultant" role, and that’s only if that wasn’t his "involvement" from the beginning), or it may be nothing more than a creator credit, all so Illumination can possibly "surprise" everyone (said no one ever, well, not me, anyway) with another tribute to/parody of something they don't know anything about regardless of Shigeru Miyamoto’s so-called "involvement".

Look, everybody. We simply can't assume anything until the movie actually comes out. I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally don't trust Illumination. Until it's actually known what "watching over" and "involvement" really mean, I’m not taking any chances.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I meant to say "Illumination". I'm sorry if I confused anyone.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Mandouga

Was going to post this myself.

So it won’t be coming for a year. Creative differences, maybe? Other disagreements over the script? Miyamoto-san says that he and his partner at Illumination both agreed that the movie should be delayed. In any case, I do hope this means that Miyamoto-san is as “involved” with this movie as I (and others) hope he is. I mean, the delay could just be a publicity stunt, but I personally doubt that…

harry580

I wonder they trying to get Mario voice actor back to replace Chris pratt as a response to the outrage but its just me

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I wonder they trying to get Mario voice actor back to replace Chris pratt as a response to the outrage but its just me
I know very little of any outrage regarding Chris Pratt, as I don't typically follow that type of news, but based on what little I have read regarding him, I very much doubt that Chris Pratt will be replaced. This delay is likely because either the studios or test audiences weren't 100% satisfied with the current script and it will likely be touched up or re-written completely.

Last edited:

DogBoneController

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If this movie is successful it could encourage Universal to secure the film rights to other Nintendo properties, though other non-Sony (for obvious reasons) major studios might want to adapt some Nintendo properties as well. Universal could adapt some of theirs in joint ventures with other studios. And they don't all have to be animated, if Detective Pikachu is any indication. Though some properties would still be better suited for animation, like Kirby and Splatoon, which I want DreamWorks (Universal's other animation studio) to do.

DogBoneController

If this movie is successful it could encourage Universal to secure the film rights to other Nintendo properties, though other non-Sony (for obvious reasons) major studios might want to adapt some Nintendo properties as well.
Since Sony Pictures is separate from Sony Interactive they can go after Nintendo film rights if they wanted to. And I don't think Nintendo would have an issue with that considering the money they'll make.

Moe

If this movie is successful it could encourage Universal to secure the film rights to other Nintendo properties, though other non-Sony (for obvious reasons) major studios might want to adapt some Nintendo properties as well. Universal could adapt some of theirs in joint ventures with other studios. And they don't all have to be animated, if Detective Pikachu is any indication. Though some properties would still be better suited for animation, like Kirby and Splatoon, which I want DreamWorks (Universal's other animation studio) to do.
Nintendo isn't interested to compete with Sony and Microsoft, so Switch has own category.

Nintendo and Game Freak are separate companies, so that why Game Freak had deal with WB to make Pokémon movies since Nintendo has deal with Universal.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts