The Brand New Dream Thread

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I had a few dreams recently. One of them was that on Qubo's shutdown(I think it was either week or month of), Qubo celebrated by showing a bunch of different, random shows, many of which didn't even air on Qubo(example: Nickelodeon's The Astronauts). My dad watched it for an old cartoon series in the vein of Rocky and Bullwinkle(can't recall if it was that show specifically). Another one was where I finally got Universal Kids on Dish Network, and I tuned in when it said Inspector Gadget was playing. It wasn't. Instead, there was an animated CGI Grinch movie that in-dream was the same as the 2018 one, but was atmospherically more like the live-action one.

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream that I saw an episode of The Middle where Sue was invited to someone’s skateboarding themed birthday party. Since she didn’t know to skate, she practiced with roller skates. Later, there was a crossover with the Muppets and Sesame Street (I only remember Bert and Ernie, but I know there were more characters).

Tacomaster

Night before last, I had a dream where I was in a Doctor Who episode. It was either an unrelated side story to Day of the Doctor or some other anniversary special. I had to help Captain Jack clean up pink alien space goo and stop it from killing people. Afterward, I went to my grandpa’s house and met a new version of K-9. He had legs, not unlike the 2009 version, and was kinda grumpy.

Tacomaster

Another dream from night before last. There's a lot of events, so try to keep up.
  • First things first, I watched/skimmed through the start of the Captain Underpants episode The Vexing Villainy of the Vile Vimpire(which I hated both in dream and the real version out of the dream). It was very different from the actual episode. For one, Erica was nowhere to be found. Instead, Dressy and Gooch want George and Harold to make a comic for them featuring them as princesses and robots. After a scene where George and Harold proclaim their manliness, they make Dressy the princess and Gooch the robot because(I don't remember their words but this is probably the logic) "girls like princesses and boys like robots". I don't think I watched what happened afterwards, but I remembered in-dream that Dressy and Gooch didn't like it due to the sexist stereotypes- as it turned out, GOOCH wanted to be the princess and DRESSY wanted to be the robot. Also, despite mostly being in the school, this episode took place in July. This was due to a calendar shot saying July when the main plot got started after a good several minutes of Christmas-related filler. Also, the narrator was a female, which I almost forgot because it's actually the least remarkable change.
  • Then, Larry the Cucumber was trying to put together some sort of sports team with the Mario characters(and I'd assume some VeggieTales characters as well). After it fell apart, the Mario characters went to Dairy Queen. Because when a restaurant appears in a dream of mine, it's always Dairy Queen. Except for that dream where I got banned from multiple Red Lobsters. Also, I remembered in-dream from a commercial that they claimed Dairy Queen was Latin for something to do with Mario. (...what?) Also also, I think the Joker was causing mischief.
  • Finally, I saw a third Dr. Who Peter Cushing movie. I'd assume it was like Day of the Doctor, since "War Doctors"(more than one; specifically, around three) were credited. Also, Peter Cushing was named Peter Fleischer, and his character of Dr. Who was named Dr. Fleischer. The other Drs.(there were two more, other than the War Doctors) had the last names of their actor(random example that did not occur, Dr. Hartnell). I only saw the credits, which were over a spacey starfield and maybe a slit-scan time vortex, a la Baker or late Pertwee.

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream that there was a lost episode of Doug that was a thanksgiving episode. It was only released on a VHS box set, that was now hard to find. I was going through a shelf of DVD’s we have in the living room. When I pulled the DVD’s out, there was a bunch of VHS’s. I saw the box set but since I don’t have a VCR so I didn’t know how I would share it.

Then I was working it a store, and the Doug VHS was there but it had a price tag for $139. I knew no one was going to spend that much, so I was tempted the change the price on it.

Tacomaster

Last night, I had a dream. A lot happened, so try to keep up(again):
  • First up, I learned that I had most of the week off from school(I still had to go Monday and Tuesday).
  • On Tuesday, I went on a field trip to a fancy hotel.
  • That afternoon, the bus I was going home on somehow winded up on a roller coaster! Unfortunately, it veered off course and crashed. Fortunately, it veered off course just before a low point in the coaster next to the ground, and I wasn't hurt- merely scratched up.
  • So, I had to take some sort of subway train. I text my mom to tell her I might be late getting home.
  • Somehow, the train I was on was actually going to a performance of the Dog Man musical- and the people on the train were the cast! In case that wasn't enough, I played Dog Man!
  • Everybody loved the musical. I can't remember what happened after that.

Tacomaster

Last night, I had another dream. Universal Kids had changed its schedule to have more FAR variety, and was airing:
  • Exo-Squad
  • Some Woody Woodpecker/Captain Underpants Crossover Special
  • Jimmy Two-Shoes
  • The First Five Seasons of Power Rangers(Mighty Morphin', Zeo, and Turbo)
  • Apple and Onion
  • Invader Zim
  • Batman: The Animated Series

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I had a dream today which is related to my Anime Superhero Hotel concept.

It was around 07:45 CET today, I was sleeping deeply in my room (numbered 112). Then I felt people petting me (I didn't hear that they opened the door), and when I was managed to open my eyes, I realized it was AdrenalineRush1996, Perla Magica and RandomMe - with their avatars as real people - who were looking at me in love. I petted them back and woke up. After dressing up, we all went down into Café Toonzone to buy our favorite candies and chips, then to our drink bar. I bought a jalapeno-flavored chips and a menthol-flavored Tic Tac (100 pills) at the café and a peach-flavored ice tea at our drink bar.
We toasted and drank our drinks partly at the bar before going back to our rooms. I started playing some DS games (Puzzle League DS and Bejeweled 3) on DeSmuME and the PC versions of Bejeweled Blitz and 3. While going into the television wall to watch the best moments, TechY and rinachi (who came from the 2nd floor) offered me if they can trade some of their digitalized VHS recordings to upload them to my channel. The conversation was successful.
The rest of the day was filled with chatting on the forums, watching videos on Youtube, Hungarian media-related news sites and editing pages on Wikipedia before eventually going to bed at around 23:00 CET.

BlooCNBoy02

The best dream that I had is this. I dreamed it a month ago or two.

I've got a lot of VHSs recorded from various Hungarian channels between 1997-2011, containing commercial breaks, startups and closedowns.
The channels were: RTL Klub, TV2, M1 and M2 (1997-2006), Duna TV (2004-2005), Duna II Autonómia, ATV (2006 onward), Hír TV (2005 onward), HBO-branded channels (2005-2010), Film+ 2, Sorozat+ (2008-2010), Spektrum, Viasat 3 (2002-2006), Hallmark, Discovery (2005 onward), Nat Geo, Zone-branded channels and their predecessors (2005 onward), BBC Prime, Minimax, Cartoon Network (2005 onward), Fox Kids/Jetix and Sport 1-2 (2004 onward).

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream where a lot of people were posting in the talkback for Kids Next Door Operation ZERO. Because of this the thread got stickyed. I decided to check it out because it was on HBO Max. It was a lot different than I remember. Numbuh 1 learned that he was part alien and therefore he can fuse with other aliens of that species, Steven Universe style. He learns accidentally that he can fuse with other humans when he fuses with Billy from Billy & Mandy. After that he was chosen to represent earth in the Galactic KND, with the hope he can fuse with any alien life form. I thought that Numbuh 5 would be a better representation of earth because she is full human.

BlooCNBoy02

I had an interesting dream today, entitled "The New House of Bloo's".

I was in AS Hotel room 112 where I live. It was around 14:40 CET and I finished playing a run on Bejeweled 3's Ice Storm mode.
When I looked out of the window, I saw Bloo walking depressingly (remaining like that since the 2009 Foster's Home finale). I urgently ran to cheer him up. I introduced myself and told him that he can go to the hotel with a free permission to meet his real-life imaginary friends. He, surprisingly, cheered up, hugged me and ran to the hotel's 1st floor in pursuit. He then met the members who love(d) Bloo (with the Foster's Home theme playing in the background), and finally became a permanent member of the hotel.

BlooCNBoy02

2 years ago I daydreamed that some of the channels changed its programming, some closed Hungarian channels returned to air and, to make it better, even some of the channels reverted to the looks I like. This is how it went.

RTL Klub reverted to the 2005-2008 look
TV2 reverted to the January-August 2011 look
Cartoon Network launched a completely Hungarian feed and reverted to the 2006-2010 logo with the "arrow" look
Viasat 3 reverted to the 2006-2009 look
M1 reverted back to its pre-2015 entertainment focus
Duna World closed down and Duna TV took over its focus, as it was in reality since its 1992 launch
Cool reverted to the 2010-2014 look
Film+ 2 was relaunched replacing RTL+, with RTL Gold maintaining its retro focus
Jetix was relaunched replacing Disney Channel
BBC Entertainment was renamed back to BBC Prime and relaunched in the CEE region
Hír TV closed down and Echo TV was relaunched in its place
DoQ was relaunched with the 2012-2015 programming and idents
The Zone channel family was also relaunched: Zone Romantica replaced Filmcafé, CBS Reality renamed back to Zone Reality, and Zone Club relaunched in a separate channel space

Reactions: Rrr

BlooCNBoy02

Today's Daydream: A More Broad Story of the Separate Hungarian CN Feed (2019)
It was 14 April 2019, and I turned on the TV. When tuning it into CN, I saw the 2006-2010 logo in the corner after almost 9 years of its retirement (the small 2006 version)! I was so surprised that my nostalgic age is back. Even better, during the end credits, the arrow was back, but with Hungarian texts. This was the best day ever. It was also the 10th anniversary of the era's real-life debut.
Then I checked the schedule: the broadcast time was reduced to 06:00-22:00 CET, and they even introduced an everyday retro block called "Checkerboard City", airing between 16:00-20:00 CET.

Later today I watched the closedown, and the retro block the next day.
The closedown consisted of promos and a "Tune into Boomerang" ident (the blue line gets out of the CN logo, goes up to the blue sky and draws the Boomerang logo, thus Boomerang also launched a Hungarian feed, reverting to the 2004-2012 graphics and broadcasting between 06:00-24:00 CET). The logo then disappeared, and after 5-10 seconds, a closedown still faded in with the logo in front of a blue "wall" that CN will return at 06:00 CET.
The Checkerboard City block had a mixture of the "blocks" and "city" idents, with the "city" styled next bumpers used during end-credits.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Lately I've had a lot of dreams that I simply didn't write down here, but for the sake of documentation I normally left them on Discords of my friends, so basically we have:

March 16:
I was at someone else's home and Bloo was there. I was in the midst of what looked like a Foster's Home episode similar to One False Movie but involving books. It ended with Bloo paraphrasing the quote from the end of the episode: "Audiences don't care about endings. As long as everything else is awesome, you don't need an end-" Bloo was there, but not the other friends.

March 26:
In the dream, the British website TVARK said that it would shut down on April 1 (same day as TV Forum, however it ended way too early) and that no new clips were to be accepted. I was shocked, especially for a website that is still in beta mode for more than a year. TV Forum apparently continued.

April 6:
NOS added a new channel, Televen Noticias, apparently FTA in the news section. It had a working EPG and even aired Ben 10 2006 at least once a day. On a news channel. How weird. Later I was looking at some weird Brazilian magazine saying that Harold Hutchins was from Belém (Pará) and George Beard from Rio Branco (Acre). There was also an ad for a telco called Fire.

April 8:
I was at my old school (2007~2012) for the centrillionth time this year (yeah yeah I had nine dreams involving my old school this year so far), it was 7pm and I had to leave the library/computer room because it was closing time. Since there was broad daylight it was probably during spring.

April 10:
Singapore's Premiere 12 resumed operations showing programming similar to Downton Abbey and got a new all-blue logo, while netizens were complaining about it and wanted the 90s one back. Besides I don't know if it replaced Okto. My YouTube channels returned but only RandomMe Entertainment and had the latest videos.

April 16:
SIC aired House of Bloo's at 9pm on one Saturday morning. By the time I woke up it was already 6pm in November and I had to check the EPG. I didn't get to see the dub or if it was remastered in widescreen. The dream also reflects the current status of Portuguese TV, decadent and wasted, and that airing Foster's Home was like the road towards normality.

BlooCNBoy02

After switching to my current look, I also had this dream this month.

Bloo traveled to my house via a dimension hole and ran to my flat in pursuit. I was having fun on my computer and Bloo suddenly knocked on our flat's door (my mom greeted him), then to my room's door. I was so excited. We hugged each other and continued having fun by watching Youtube videos and playing computer games.

BlooCNBoy02

April 6:
NOS added a new channel, Televen Noticias, apparently FTA in the news section. It had a working EPG and even aired Ben 10 2006 at least once a day. On a news channel. How weird.
A similar thing happened in real life in Hungary. Between April-October 2015, M1, despite being a news channel, aired two lottery draws: 7/35 and Kenó! Then these were moved to Duna TV by the end of October.

BlooCNBoy02

Today I had 2 dreams in a row. A short and a longer one.

1st dream: Production Music Madness
I just enjoyed playing my favorite computer and Flash games with Moleoman while listening to production music used by Central European Cartoon Networks between 2006-2010.

2nd dream: Adventurous Route to My Renovated House Flat
Bloo phoned me that most of my AS forum friends arrived at the Ferenc Liszt Airport, waiting for me to have fun at my house. The AS members were the following:
1) AdrenalineRush1996
2) Jaylop97
3) Perla Magica
4) RandomMe
5) RegularCapital
6) superkeegan9100

So I teleported to the airport, and started walking out of it. Suddenly we saw a train with a sign: "This train is designed for Palk Áron 2002 and his friends. We hope you like the route."
We got into the train. Around us there was the nature. When we started going on, "Frontside Noseslide" played, which I really liked. After the route ended, we were under the earth. We went down the stairs and walked through. After walking up the stairs, we somehow arrived at my house. What a weird but exciting route! After arriving at my house flat, it differed a lot. It now looked like an IT room with lots of computers dedicated to me, Bloo and the AS friends. The rest of the day was filled with having our funs at the computers.

BlooCNBoy02

Again, today, 2 dreams in a row.

1st dream: Valentine's Day Heart Giveaway
I joined the forum in the same date as the registration (11 January 2021). Then, on 14 February, I decided to give my favorite members stylized hearts to match their names or profile pictures. When I was done, I posted them as a profile post.

2nd dream: Themes In Puzzle League DS (USA - Planet Puzzle League) Inspired By My Favorite AS Members
I just started playing Puzzle League DS on DeSmuME, selected Endless mode, and when I scrolled through the "Appearance" option, I suddenly discovered new themes which were inspired by my favorite AS members' profile pictures and the cartoons they are connected to. There was also a Foster's Home theme consisting of a black void with the white stairs, with the symbols acting as blocks (inspired by one of the 2009 finales when Bloo slided on into a ceremony). Despite the game is from 2007, it updated itself. I was also lucky for getting an X15 chain (in real life, I only got X10).

BlooCNBoy02

Yesterday's Daydream: Qubo As a Worldwide Block-and-Channel Brand
It all started when NBCUniversal acquired Sparrowhawk Media, owner of the non-US Hallmark Channels and Movies 24, in August 2007. The new owner immediately scrapped the Kids Co plan and announced the expansion of Qubo to international markets.

Qubo would launch standalone channels in markets where Hallmark was available, thus as it follows:
- Latin America
- UK
- Scandinavia
- Italy
- Poland
- Hungary and Czech (with separate ad-optouts like Hallmark did)
- Romania
- and an EMEA version in all other countries across the region

Further more, in Europe, terrestrial broadcasters launched Qubo blocks broadcasting after their owns. One of the examples is RTL Klub, which was the only terrestrial channel in Hungary at the time that didn't broadcast a block under a kids channel's branding.

The Qubo channels were launched on 3 September 2007, with the terrestrial channels' blocks following suit on 8 September. In December 2011 the 3D look was phased in.

After the discontinuation of the NBC and Telemundo blocks in 2012, NBCUniversal sold the international Qubo channels to Discovery. The international blocks were discontinued on 25 November 2012, with the channels being rebranded as The Hub on 24 December. These were eventually renamed to Discovery Family on 27 October 2014.

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream that McDonalds did Hunchback of Norte Dame toys. One of them was a pretty cool place set of Esmeralda. I don’t remember the second one, but it was also pretty good. The last two toys were sets of about 10 pairs of gloves, one being all black and the other being multi colored.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts