"Dragon Ball Super and Daima" Japan Simulcast (Anime), and Manga News & Discussion

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
It was a great finale that evoked the end of the original Z ending, especially the Piccolo panels on the last page. Mostly it was just a brawl between all the saiyans, but it was a light ending for a series that started as a comedy adventure. Goku forgetting Pan is embarrassing but I have read Toriyama say Goku “isn’t qualified to have a family. He doesn’t even have a job.” Many have always questioned Goku’s value as a family man, since he always seems more focused on training and abandons his family for years on a whim. Vegeta in this chapter worries that Bulma will “lose interest if he’s gone for too long” which supports the fan belief that Vegeta was more focused on his family than Goku. Not sure what exactly Vegeta means by that though. Is he concerned about how Bulma lets Yamcha hang around Capsule Corp so much?

I thought this might be the end of the series, but that seems to be not the case. The shueisha manga plus website indicates the hiatus will only be for next month’s issue. May 20 is the scheduled return for Super.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Decent wrap up to the Super Hero arc. Beast Gohan can land a hit on UI Goku. Broly can go Super Saiyan without losing control. Thank goodness Pan has a responsible Uncle Piccolo. lmao. She seems to be improving to, trying to get a kick in on Goku and taking off flying for a race when in Super Hero she just figured out how to fly. Sigh of relief that Carmine decided best to just focus on being a pharmaceutical and making money than anymore revenge plots.

Not sure what exactly Vegeta means by that though. Is he concerned about how Bulma lets Yamcha hang around Capsule Corp so much?
It took it as just typical Vegeta. Has to make up a reason to tag along.

I thought this might be the end of the series, but that seems to be not the case. The shueisha manga plus website indicates the hiatus will only be for next month’s issue. May 20 is the scheduled return for Super.

It was always just a hiatus. They tend to do it time to time. But with Toriyama's passing, I'm sure fans are wondering how many stories they had in the bank that haven't been printed yet. Frieza is looming again and couple other things or will it be a new story. Considering how long they work in secret on the past movies, there might be 1 or 2 that he consulted on that we don't know about yet. And of course Daima is coming. I bet many still want the Super anime to return, too, but probably not until Daima's run finishes.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I felt like Daima might be the new focus, but it still seems to be only 20 episodes, despite moving to TV. Although there is always the possibility of renewal; with GT it was going to end after the baby saga, but it got renewed another six months to do the Android 17 and Shadow Dragons arcs. I could see Japanese ratings to Daima being favorable, even though many Americans don’t seem excited about it.

The Super manga has enough content for at least two arcs, and knowing Toei, they’re likely to also do tv versions of the Broly and Super Hero movies too. If they want it to be very long running, they can wait for the next arc. That way they could do five arcs, and having new Cell and Frieza arcs would be a good selling point for the anime.

Edit: manga plus now says “ON A HIATUS. WAIT FOR IT RESUMING” instead of a specific return date, so the hiatus may be longer than one or two months.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts