"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I recently found out only 2 S2 episodes were complete thanks to Reddit.

I hope S2 premieres in October 2023, or at least the Halloween episode is held over until that month.

ShadowBeast

Considering that Scratch will no longer have to scare any more, wouldn't he catch that "joy" illness he got in "Scaring is Caring" again?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Considering that Scratch will no longer have to scare any more, wouldn't he catch that "joy" illness he got in "Scaring is Caring" again?
Yeah..... I'm hoping we haven't run ourselves into a writing quality trap here. One that could as well make or break S2 for this show, as well.

And now that you've brought up an example of something lore-like about this show, I don't know how well the writers can address this or not.

Maybe Scratch will just scare people who really and truly deserve it from now on and not just anyone/everyone for the heck of it. That's me being optimistic here, BTW.

ShadowBeast

Yeah..... I'm hoping we haven't run ourselves into a writing quality trap here. One that could as well make or break S2 for this show, as well.
The way the 1st season ended, it really felt like they weren't planning for a second season since they wrapped up a lot of things.
And now that you've brought up an example of something lore-like about this show, I don't know how well the writers can address this or not.
Most likely, they'll not bring it up again and expect people to forget about it.
Maybe Scratch will just scare people who really and truly deserve it from now on and not just anyone/everyone for the heck of it. That's me being optimistic here, BTW.
Even then, with Molly's influence, Scratch wouldn't be scaring enough people to not get the illness every once in a while. Plus there should be a surge of other ghosts getting the illness now that they don't have to scare anymore, which should be an introduced storyline. Geoff would probably be the first victim next season considering how friendly he usually is.

Zanneck

The way the 1st season ended, it really felt like they weren't planning for a second season since they wrapped up a lot of things.

Most likely, they'll not bring it up again and expect people to forget about it.

Even then, with Molly's influence, Scratch wouldn't be scaring enough people to not get the illness every once in a while. Plus there should be a surge of other ghosts getting the illness now that they don't have to scare anymore, which should be an introduced storyline. Geoff would probably be the first victim next season considering how friendly he usually is.
With the way this show is setting itself up, 2 seasons is likely how long it's gonna be, IMHO. Well, if they can come up with a good ending, despite Season 1's finale pretty much feeling like the real end to this, we'll have ultimately had a good run.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
With the way this show is setting itself up, 2 seasons is likely how long it's gonna be, IMHO. Well, if they can come up with a good ending, despite Season 1's finale pretty much feeling like the real end to this, we'll have ultimately had a good run.
The creators wanted 2.5 seasons to tell their story, which means a third season of 10 episodes would follow S2

Zanneck

The creators wanted 2.5 seasons to tell their story, which means a third season of 10 episodes would follow S2
I hope they get what they want, honestly enough. The High Tier overall Season 1, IMHO, with how it ultimately turned out? THEY EARNED IT, DANGIT.

AngusTinMan16

Season 2 has officially started! Here are all of the episodes as of now. Tell me your thoughts:

The New (Para)Normal: When a new family moves in across the street, the McGee's are put in a sticky situation; Scratch avoids his duties in the Ghost World.

Book Marks the Sprite / Double, Double, Darryl, & Trouble: Molly must distract Ollie while Scratch attempts to capture the Story Sprite; Darryl becomes a ghost for the day.

Faint of Art / A Soda to Remember: When Sharon has artist's block, Molly and the family take away all her distractions; When Scratch recalls a rare soda from his past life, Molly is determined to get it for him.

A Period Place / It's Always Sunny in Sunnyland: When Libby gets her period before Molly does, Molly feels out of sync with her best friend; When the McGee's holiday gets cancelled, Molly creates a staycation instead.

I Wanna Dance with Some-Ollie / Davenport's on Demand: Molly's loyalties are tested when she goes to a school dance with Ollie; When Andrea makes an app that threatens small businesses, Molly and Scratch must save the day.

A Doll to Die For / The (After)Life of the Party: When a scary ghost possesses a doll in the human world, Molly is determined to see the good in him; When Scratch is invited to a cool party, he has to ditch his plans with Geoff.

Frightmares on Main Street: Scratch invites real ghosts to a Halloween "haunted house" to ramp up the fun, but things spiral out of control when the Chens and a horde of Frightmares show up.

The Unhaunting of Brighton Video / 100% Molly McGee: Molly tries her best to un-haunt a building. Molly explores her bi-racial identity.

All Shark, No Bite / Nin-dependence: With Mom and Dad out of the house, Molly, Darryl and Scratch watch a scary movie. When Grandma Nin is no longer able to live on her own, Molly and Sharon take care of her.

Like Father, Like Libby / Dance Dad Revolution: Libby and her mom go on a road trip to visit her dad, whom she hasn't seen in years; Pete uses social media to bring attention to important issues but gets swept up in internet fame.

Jinx! / Let's Play Turnipball!: Jinx jinxes Scratch; Molly vows to score Brighton's first win against Perfektborg.

The Ghost IS Molly Mcgee / All in the Mind: Molly and Scratch agree to a body swap when they are forced to deal with their own discomfort with feelings; When Scratch breaks out in a bad case of bubbles, he and Molly take a surreal journey into his mind to find a cure.

Carbon Zero Heroes / Davenport's in Demise: When Molly and Ollie decide to embrace a carbon-zero lifestyle, they realize it is harder than it seems; When Davenport's closes, Andrea must figure out who she is without her family's store.

Web of Lies / Kenny's Falling Star: Molly and Scratch spiral with guilt when they think they've killed Darryl's spider; when Kenny Star escapes to Brighton, Molly helps him reconnect to his country roots.

ATSFGuy

Season 2 has officially started! Here are all of the episodes as of now. Tell me your thoughts:

The New (Para)Normal: When a new family moves in across the street, the McGee's are put in a sticky situation; Scratch avoids his duties in the Ghost World.

Book Marks the Sprite / Double, Double, Darryl, & Trouble: Molly must distract Ollie while Scratch attempts to capture the Story Sprite; Darryl becomes a ghost for the day.

Faint of Art / A Soda to Remember: When Sharon has artist's block, Molly and the family take away all her distractions; When Scratch recalls a rare soda from his past life, Molly is determined to get it for him.

A Period Place / It's Always Sunny in Sunnyland: When Libby gets her period before Molly does, Molly feels out of sync with her best friend; When the McGee's holiday gets cancelled, Molly creates a staycation instead.

I Wanna Dance with Some-Ollie / Davenport's on Demand: Molly's loyalties are tested when she goes to a school dance with Ollie; When Andrea makes an app that threatens small businesses, Molly and Scratch must save the day.

A Doll to Die For / The (After)Life of the Party: When a scary ghost possesses a doll in the human world, Molly is determined to see the good in him; When Scratch is invited to a cool party, he has to ditch his plans with Geoff.

Frightmares on Main Street: Scratch invites real ghosts to a Halloween "haunted house" to ramp up the fun, but things spiral out of control when the Chens and a horde of Frightmares show up.

The Unhaunting of Brighton Video / 100% Molly McGee: Molly tries her best to un-haunt a building. Molly explores her bi-racial identity.

All Shark, No Bite / Nin-dependence: With Mom and Dad out of the house, Molly, Darryl and Scratch watch a scary movie. When Grandma Nin is no longer able to live on her own, Molly and Sharon take care of her.

Like Father, Like Libby / Dance Dad Revolution: Libby and her mom go on a road trip to visit her dad, whom she hasn't seen in years; Pete uses social media to bring attention to important issues but gets swept up in internet fame.

Jinx! / Let's Play Turnipball!: Jinx jinxes Scratch; Molly vows to score Brighton's first win against Perfektborg.

The Ghost IS Molly Mcgee / All in the Mind: Molly and Scratch agree to a body swap when they are forced to deal with their own discomfort with feelings; When Scratch breaks out in a bad case of bubbles, he and Molly take a surreal journey into his mind to find a cure.

Carbon Zero Heroes / Davenport's in Demise: When Molly and Ollie decide to embrace a carbon-zero lifestyle, they realize it is harder than it seems; When Davenport's closes, Andrea must figure out who she is without her family's store.

Web of Lies / Kenny's Falling Star: Molly and Scratch spiral with guilt when they think they've killed Darryl's spider; when Kenny Star escapes to Brighton, Molly helps him reconnect to his country roots.
The Ghost and Molly McGee kinda reminds me of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

ShadowBeast

I thought Random Rings was LONG over! But it came back with a bang as Scratch calls the ghosts from The Haunted Mansion!

This is one of the best Random Rings so far. This must've taken place in season 1 when Scratch wasn't too fond of Molly at the time.
Speaking of which, Pony riding a pony sounds so wrong :eek:

Eldorado

Well, it looks like TGAMM really is coming to an end.

However, there is no confirmation from the creators yet, and just because crew members are leaving doesn’t mean the whole show itself is ending.
IMG_5787.jpeg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts