"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

HildaFanatic

CartoonFanatic
As it turns out, the tweet was deleted. I'll just describe what happened then. The scenario was a 1 minute clip of Scratch trying to scare Molly and her family when they're watching a movie, but they think he's adorable. Some differences include different hairstyles and Sharon having a different name.

Edit: Someone uploaded a video of the tweet to YouTube.

Interesting. I honestly am not fond of those designs and it brings to mind the style I mentioned in my pros and cons. I'm glad they changed things up. The final voices are a lot better too.

zoombie

I hope there is an episode that has a tribute to Ghost Busters. Having a couple of self proclaimed Ghost Busters who has a gorilla sidekick. That would be so cool, no one would expect that reference.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Kind of figured Libby's speculation would be the existence of a ghost from the start rather than slug.

Two good episodes though especially seeing that Friendship is Competitive. I did call it though that ribbing on Molly is something that will help them get along:-D.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
^^^Hope the cast heeds Louis Stevens words about no one liking a dreidel diva ;) .

Also found on TVTropes forum, a joint promo of this and Amphibia's episode:

Last edited:

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Now I'm curious about about what they're going to do for the Season 1 finale. Another show would end the season on Scratch warming up to Molly or Scratch revealing themselves to Libby, but they got both of those out of the way pretty early into the show.

And for as much talk as there is about the show being lore-free, there are an awful lot of call-backs to past episode. It's not resetting to square one every time like the typical pre-Adventure Time kids' cartoon.

zoombie

Now I'm curious about about what they're going to do for the Season 1 finale. Another show would end the season on Scratch warming up to Molly or Scratch revealing themselves to Libby, but they got both of those out of the way pretty early into the show.

And for as much talk as there is about the show being lore-free, there are an awful lot of call-backs to past episode. It's not resetting to square one every time like the typical pre-Adventure Time kids' cartoon.

Well I think what is coming up in the future, now we got this stuff out of the way. I think development for Andrea, I think that is on the short list. The show has held back on her being a real bully, or mean, maybe "First Day Flight" might be an exception, but she has never purposely antagonist anybody. "Hooray For Mollywood", she had no ill intend, things just turned out that way. Heck I think "Hooray for Mollywood" of what our team of the future could be and what roles will be, as Molly and company will unlock the mysteries of Brighton.

Molly the leader, she brings everyone together, Scratch is the mascot of the group, he is Scooby Doo, Libby is the brains of the outfit,she knows so much about the town, Darryl will do whatever we need of him, and Andrea is the financial person, Molly; knew she had value and contribute and didn't say no to her money, and she has a platform. Molly just couldn't get her line and control and she got a little out of hand in "Hooray for Mollywood'", lesson learned Molly and company will learn how to keep her in line next time.

Anyway let me talk about today's episodes. They were great.

Scratch The Surface

I didn't think it would happen so soon, but Libby is in on these whole ghost thing. Scratch did bring up an interesting point at the beginning of the episode about the ghost council, will Molly have to answer for her actions to the ghost council? Will we see ever meet, and how will she react when she sees how mean they are to Scratch. I can't wait for Molly to stand up for Scratch and than Scratch will learn to stand up for himself and Molly.

I thought would stretch this out more giving how just last episode they introduced Libby's interest in the super natural. It is kind of a quick payoff. But poor Molly couldn't handle it much longer.

And Scratch don't worry, I think Libby is the only person in Brighton who is interested in this kind of notice and observant enough to notice Molly talk to herself all this time. I think the Brighton are oblivious to this stuff. I don't think anyone else in this town will press Molly on this. Though who knows, we haven't meet everybody, I know we are meeting a new character in next week's episode, who knows he might be more observant than the rest of the town.

Friend Off

I really liked this episode. It is kind of a related topic, can different friends be friends, lot of times they can't and that is okay. I think a show like Steven Universe would have had the conclusion you may be close to two different people, but that doesn't make them compatible to be friends.

I love all those callbacks, granted the one episode never mentioned is "First Day Frights" in which Scratch helped Libby and felt empathy for her. They seem to retcon that episode like it never happened.

I want to know more about that sleep over, Libby actually invited to Andrea's sleepover, could be a story to tell there.

I loved the song in this episode, and Scratch and Libby bonding over Molly's quirks, that is to be expected and fair.

These are two big turning point episodes. Molly she is better than most super heroes, who are terrible people keeping secrets from their loved ones.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Well I think what is coming up in the future, now we got this stuff out of the way. I think development for Andrea, I think that is on the short list. The show has held back on her being a real bully, or mean, maybe "First Day Flight" might be an exception, but she has never purposely antagonist anybody. "Hooray For Mollywood", she had no ill intend, things just turned out that way. Heck I think "Hooray for Mollywood" of what our team of the future could be and what roles will be, as Molly and company will unlock the mysteries of Brighton.

Molly the leader, she brings everyone together, Scratch is the mascot of the group, he is Scooby Doo, Libby is the brains of the outfit,she knows so much about the town, Darryl will do whatever we need of him, and Andrea is the financial person, Molly; knew she had value and contribute and didn't say no to her money, and she has a platform. Molly just couldn't get her line and control and she got a little out of hand in "Hooray for Mollywood'", lesson learned Molly and company will learn how to keep her in line next time.
I agree on that. Andrea's character development will be important for the show's story in the future episodes, I think that's why "The Don't-Gooder" was delayed for the next year.

zoombie

I agree on that. Andrea's character development will be important for the show's story in the future episodes, I think that's why "The Don't-Gooder" was delayed for the next year.

Plus the latest episode we find out there is more of a past between Libby and Andrea than we previously thought. Could we have a Willow / Amity situation here?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So this clip came out. This song reminds me of this song.

Damn right - LPS (2012) was never not/always criminally underrated. But back to Molly McGee:

High Tier work all around - simply because of this show not wasting time with Libby finally knowing Scratch, and thus, ghosts exist. I also like how Libby seems chill enough about it, too.
Also helps that Libby, Molly and Scratch aren't just 100% cool with each other that easily. It's gonna take a lot more bonding and character development from all sides than that, especially from Molly herself, who could stand to not push things so much (something I agree wholeheartedly with bot Libby and Scratch on - real friends are honest with each other, after all!).

Any other show would have either taken too long to do handle all this or not handle it in the best of ways (see Libby being the opposite of chill.), but this show is making everything come together at a reasonably fast pace and make it actually work favorably for the characters in question and me/we the audience, despite how fast things seem to be otherwise going.

And I have nothing but respect and admirable confidence (but also much caution, as I need to know the writers are up to the test to keep on delivering consistently like this, of course.) in it, going forward.

OKAY, TAKE CARE.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I guess it goes back to the show not really dragging out plot points to create tension. Molly's family finds out about Scratch halfway into the pilot, where another show would make a big deal about Molly having to keep Scratch a secret.

It keeps the show nice and non-formulaic.

zoombie

I guess it goes back to the show not really dragging out plot points to create tension. Molly's family finds out about Scratch halfway into the pilot, where another show would make a big deal about Molly having to keep Scratch a secret.

Yeah plus Libby suspicious about Molly hiding something, that didn't start till the very end of "Talent Show". Other shows would drag this out. For example the show that comes 1 hour after this on Saturdays.

I wonder if characters we are going to meet shortly are going to be the main human antagonist or foil.

While I do think if there is going to be a villain or antagonist, the main one is from the ghost or super natural world. But I am sure there will be a human threat as well. The Agent X and Dr. Franks of this show. They are not the main threat, but still something to watch out for.

We are going to meet Mr. Davenport in "Saving Christmas", (maybe Mrs. Davenport as well, if not we will meet her in "Don't Gooder") they could be that human secondary antagonist, or at least fund that human antagonist. I could see them hiring some Ghostbusters type characters (though I wish this show would actually have the original Ghostbuster type characters from Filmation. Parody the most famous Ghostbusters have been done to death, but the Filmation version that would be something new) and they are the human foil. The Davenports are just paying the bills.

Which brings me to Andrea herself. I have this idea that Scratch keeps scaring her. And does it so much, he emotionally scar her. And now he and Molly have to fix it. And maybe be forced to reveal to Scratch.
And after she has some development, she turns against her parents, and becomes an ally.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

Damn straight it does, m8. Damn. Downright. Straight!

Well, at least so far..... If they can keep it up, however - GOOD.

zoombie

Festival of Lights

Did I just see a holocaust mention in a Disney show, wow I thought this show wasn't going to be dark. Anyway a nice episode. This were great short stories, each with different purposes, some were just for laughs like Scratch's story, and other more serious like the history of Libby's family.

We get the first glimpse of post Libby knowing about Scratch, this show is going to be so much better now.

Saving Christmas

I know this show is about subvert tropes and expectation, so I wasn't expecting Mr. Davenport to have this holiday face turn. It did subvert expectation in that Davenport were three dimensional characters. Mrs. Davenport might be the expectation, to see Andrea not be the over the top social media star that has been in every episode so far, it is a pleasant surprise. She is still a little selfish, but she is just a kid not everyone can be like Molly, but till now everything Andrea did was for comedic effect, non of our lines or actions were played for laughs, she played it completely straight. Mr. Davenport, he is a business man, but he is a responsible person with a human heart. He is not a monster like Preston Northwest. He is a greedy business man, but greedy business people can still love their family.

And the very last scene of Molly and Scratch, so adorable. I love the song at the end, not as big of a jerk as he seems.

As we go into a hiatus, this show has not had a bad episode yet.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I kind of figured that they were setting Andrea up to be the product of her upbringing.

After so many Libby-centric episodes, she's probably the next one to get a lot of character focus.

Last edited:

zoombie

I kind of figured that they were setting Andrea up to be the product of her upbringing.

After so many Libby-centric episodes, she's probably the next one to get a lot of character focus.
Yeah and an in a ironic way, this episode shows that Andrea and Libby they are compatible to be friends.

As long as Andrea can control her controling nature like in "Hurray For Mollywood", because the Libby we have now is not going to take that crap. But yeah they are compatible in this way, Andrea loves the spotlight, craves the spotlight, Libby hates the spotlight. If they offered Libby the chance to be the queen of a parade, she turn it down. So at least they wouldn't be conflict when ti comes to that.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts