"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I feel like Andrea is going to be redeemed and part of Molly's friend circle sooner than later. I could totally see an episode centering around the mismatch of Andrea and Libby's personalities, like "Face-Off" did for Libby and Scratch.

zoombie

I think so as well. This episode Andrea acted like a normal character. In this episode not one line was for a gag, up until this episode everything Andrea says or does is as snobby rich girl comic relief character. This episode every line she said everything she did was played straight. This is so un Andrea like. And confirmed her family is not evil, that is a step in the right direction. They are not perfect, they have flaws, but they are not one dimentional mustache twirling snobby family either. I can't wait for "Don't Gooder".

One other thing, unlike the typical popular mean girl, Andrea has no minions or lackeys. So joining Molly's group of friends, will be a much easier transition without having to leave behind any minions or have to convert them too.

ShadowBeast

Saving Christmas: Up until near the end, Andrea's father was giving Pacifica's father a run for his money on being a terrible person. At least the Northwests would care enough about appearances to do something good for the town (considering how they aren't exactly hated in Gravity Falls) . Seriously, how exactly would helping Brighton get a new tree hurt a business? If anything it would help a business. Mr. Davenport's reactions to the three "ghosts" warnings reminds me of the Wicked Witch's reactions in Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz episode "Oz on Ice". Though it took credit being stolen from her for the Wicked Witch to change her mind, Mr Davenport seeing his daughter's sadness had such a touching feel to it. Though he's still a jerk as shown at the end of the episode.

It seems like for Andrea, she has potential to get redeemed, but she'll need to learn not to follow in her father's footsteps and stop advertising his business all the time and to enjoy life of being a kid.

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
1. Wonder how things would have played out if Mr. Davenport was visited by the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future.

2. You know what I like about Scratch's reaction to Molly's disappointment? It's so like those of us who see a precious cinnamon roll character upset and wondering who needs to experience unlawful revenge in response.

zoombie

I feel like Andrea is going to be redeemed and part of Molly's friend circle sooner than later. I could totally see an episode centering around the mismatch of Andrea and Libby's personalities, like "Face-Off" did for Libby and Scratch.

I am aging myself mentioning this but I don't mind. Have you ever heard of Punky Brewster. On that show she had a best friend named Cherie, and there was no debate they were best friend, everyone knew that. And they had a third girl in the group, the clear 3rd person in the gang named Margaux a snobby rich girl. Andrea could be their Margaux. Who also started as the mean girl, but was quickly changed to still a snobby girl, but a nice snobby girl.

I have an episode idea, how about a school play episode, Andrea is the lead, Libby is in the under study, and when Andrea can't preform, perhaps to some super fiscal reason like she has a pimple or something, Libby has to step in. And maybe Andrea gives Libby a little encouragement.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So yeah - in terms of both segments this week ("Festial of Lights", "Saving Christmas"), his show has now just even nailed down their holidays special episode much better than most.

So much so in that like a majority of you have said: watching this latest episode, I feel like we're witnessing a new Gold standard (well, almost but not quite Platimum, because nothing is perfect, TBH.) for this kind of special-themed episode, as a result.

I hope future shows and their makers can learn something from these near-God Tier examples and do something just as good themselves, if only possible, even better than that, via learning from this example, someday.
Well, this week's Amphibia definitely came close. I won't argue too mucg against that. Like I'll further say, no one show should be the perfect choice. And no one show should set the standard - it does, however, take one to begin to do so, so more can do so, that is, like what we've seen here.

Okay, take care.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I've sadly, not commented about this show on this thread... but I have been enjoying it. Now, my thoughts The holiday episodes.

Festival of Lights was a really well done episode with a deception of Hanukkah that was well done and really packed a lot into the 11 minutes. Saw what they going with the generator only supposed to work 1 hour. It was a really wonderful episode, and I love that Scratch has really part of the family and has begun to love them. It was sweet and well done, and a good way to show the holiday to those who don't know it.

Saving Christmas, they took some classic Christmas plot lines and smooshed them together and a made an entertaining special. It's good they didn't outright change Andrea's dad or her personalities, it wouldn't be good to do it that quickly , but it did open the door to maybe giving her more and it showed the father maybe has a chance to change a little too. Loved again showing how close Scratch has gotten to Molly. The jokes were great this episode. It showed a good spirit of Christmas.

HildaFanatic

CartoonFanatic
Man, this show just keeps getting better and better with every episode. It's crazy, it's like each episode is a slight increase in quality from the last. It's a crescendo of greatness.

Molly getting stuck in the compost machine and Scratch and Libby teaming up to save her reminded me of the climax of the Hilda episode where our blue-haired heroine had to save all those little turnip creatures from the mulching machine.

The Hanukkah episode is probably the best one we've had thus far. It feels so good to see Jewish characters being portrayed in a positive light in a cartoon for once (though I will admit, I think "Eight Crazy Nights" is a pretty funny movie).

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It is a bit odd given how the recent Amphibia episodes, which includes the Christmas episode, will be on Disney Plus on December 22. Similarly, the three Disney Junior shows that recently had holiday episodes (Muppet Babies, Spidey And His Amazing Friends, The Chicken Squad) will have their recent episodes up within the first week of this month.

zoombie

I feel really bad for Andrea. It is obvious that her parents pay more attention to their wealth and status than her.

Well I do think "Don't Gooder" that is going to address that. And that will mark the beginning of her character development arc. She acted like a normal human in "Saving Christmas", but she didn't do anything really, but she was the hero of the episode. Just doing nothing but sobbing saved Christmas. I think "Don't Gooder" is going to be the beginning of something. We finished the Libby arc, faster than anyone thought, so what is next.

As we head into the second half of season 1, I do have episodes and story ideas.

An episode that show Scratch day to day job scaring people, we know there is a quota. Let's see him in action.

Meeting the ghosts of Libby's grand parents. I think it would be one of the more emotional episodes yet.

And episode about Libby running for class president and Molly being her campaign manager. I don't know who she would run against, I don't see Andrea running (unless her dad pushed her to, like the time Mayor White pushed his son to run for class president in Doug). I think Samantha could be her opponent, and Andrea being king maker of deciding who to endorse.

Another encounter with Tammy, this time it is Molly and Sharon vs Tammy and one of her parents. I am pretty sure upbringing is the reason is the way she is. By episode end, Molly and Tammy will be friends. Unlike Andrea who we could take our time with, if they redeem Tammy, that should be quick redemption, she not a series regular, so we can't do a slow burn redemption. Besides I think Tammy is a more simple character than Andrea, comes from a competitive environment, and that environment molds her Andrea is more complicated in my opinion, but that is just my opinion. And after that, Tammy's third appearance will be about Molly helping her out with a crush, the classic tom boy has a crush, but that would be season two.

The mayor hires a team of ghost hunters which is the standard Ghostbusters that you know it is coming, but the twist is, this time it is a parody or reference to the Filmation Ghostbusters.

A two part episode in which Molly, Scratch Libby, and Darryl are at Davenports, and Andrea is there too, when suddenly the place is held up and they are all taking hostage. Long story short, this is the episode in which Andrea finds out Scratch. And be the big turning point in her arc.

Season finale, the chairman and the Ghost Council finds out about Scratch of caring about Molly's happiness, and Scratch is in big trouble. Molly finally goes to the ghost realm and meets the Chairman and the council and acts as Scratch defense attorney as he is put on trial. This one would be a 4 part one hour episode.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
As a speculation I've read from other sites regarding how Scratch will ultimatelybe freed from that fate:
Consider that the curse between him and Molly can only be lifted by her leaving the house, does that mean said curse will prevent him from being sucked in or the other spec that Molly calling for him does the trick? Going with the latter cause it seems like the best means of suspensions.

zoombie

You all should re watch "Hurray For Mollywood" again, if you watch it having seen "Saving Christmas" and meeting Mr. Davenport, it is such a different experience.

Also the Davenports ripped off Mr. Plow, the jingle sounds just like the Mr Plow jingle, and Andrea has a pet name for Libby "Libs", I wonder if they planting the seeds of what could happen in the post Andrea joins the group situation since she and Libby already have a little dynamic.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.

Featured Posts