THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
December on CZHU
Miraculous S5 - 8 episodes marathon - Dec 3, 17:40
Raven's Home - Xmas Special - Dec 24/25, 13:30
New Year Party - 1 to 14 Dec or Jan, 18:30
Some movies... Christmas Again, Good Luck Charlie, Ultimate Christmas Present

RegularCapital

Staff member
Something I've been meaning to post: With the closure of some Disney Channels worldwide, there's one other international division of Disney that has been winding-down operations, and that's their bricks-and-mortar stores, in other words The Disney Store.

This was my local Disney Store, it's a pop-up Christmas shop at the moment.

View attachment 301454

This is what it used to look like:

View attachment 301455

I can understand why they've closed their retail business, it's expensive to run, and the products in these stores weren't always cheap, and you can buy direct from Disney from their online store. Besides, you can buy these products elsewhere, and Disney has an extensive licensing programme. Only one Disney Store remains in the UK, and that's on Oxford Street, in London, they kept that one for a very good reason, it's an international premiere shopping location. One also remains in Dublin, Ireland.

The good news is that my town will be getting a Disney Cafe very soon at the local Primark (I used to work here many years ago during my University days) and there's already one in Birmingham city centre. Rather operating businesses themselves, Disney would rather license their brand out. Primark holds Disney and Cartoon Network product licenses for clothing.

View attachment 301456

Looks very familiar :D

View attachment 301457

The Disney Café is now open:

IMG_20221125_143121886.jpg

IMG_20221125_143137902.jpg
IMG_20221125_143148746.jpg

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Some continuities from few months:

DC Portugal between 13th and 15th May:

DC CEE (Hungarian feed) from 20th May:

DC Latin America from 7th June:

DC Israel from 18th June:

dnetmunity

I was told by PR that Moon Girl had been shelved on Disney+ alongside Chip 'n Dale: Park Life.
Why pull those shows on those certain intl versions? The latter is an Plus original while Moon Girl gets a second season

(WARNING: Spolier Alert for some international fans)

After a long breakdown error on this site for several months, I have international DTVA updates excluding Plus streams on local Disney Channels.

Disney Channel Israel, Greece, Middle East, Africa, Scandinavia, Balkans now have Molly McGee S2 along with Kiff. DC Spain and Portugal have Kiff since May.

Last edited by a moderator:

Insidus

Something I sort of theorised was that Disney will be closing off more feeds within EMEA before the end of this current financial year. My guess the Disney Channel in Africa and if possible Disney Junior seeing as a two year agreement was put up in 2021. If you pay attention to the link "you... redirected" being an article from Animation Magazine notice how Disney EMEA never mentioned Disney Channel in their recent batch of upcoming shows in Annecy and I'm aware Disney Branded Television is included in the link but in previous years they would have uttered Disney Channel.

Another would be the state of these channels, if the plan was to keep them for the foreseeable future why not distribute the channels to more outlets within the region and also why cutback on programming and feeds i remember both these brands having a varied offering in the night time like Violetta and The Evermore Chronicles now it had been removed and the current offering get double or triple bills which is spread throughout the day.

Why pull those shows on those certain intl versions? The latter is an Plus original while Moon Girl gets a second season

Disney's Saturdays is coming this October to Disney Channel EMEA alongside new episodes of Raven Home and a rebroadcast of Phineas And Ferb (timing is weird as 1st October would mark 3 years since Disney Channel UK were closed).

Last edited by a moderator:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Another dose of continuities.

DC CEE (Romania feed) from 3rd July:

DC EMEA (Swedish audio) from 3th August:

A very Kiff-y continuity.

DC Poland from 20th August:

Last edited:

Francisque

I wouldn't be SO sure Disney African channels will be the next to close down, I'd put my bets more on some more European feeds.

Aside from France, being "artificially" on life support, thanks to Canal+ having poured too much money into an agreement.
But the channels feel already kind of weak

Reactions: J10

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Hailey’s On It! will premiere on October 16th on Disney Channel Germany.
Season 2 of The Ghost and Molly McGee will have its premiere on October 2nd.

Continuity from August 24th:

Insidus

I wouldn't be SO sure Disney African channels will be the next to close down, I'd put my bets more on some more European feeds.

Aside from France, being "artificially" on life support, thanks to Canal+ having poured too much money into an agreement.
But the channels feel already kind of weak
I manage a website where I do like to incorporate creativity and beside the point I had thought of a number of theories. One was that similar to Turkey, Disney Junior would be the only Disney branded channel in that market seeing as it isn't viewed as a "premium channel" which is declining for streaming and is the top preschool channel while Disney Channel instead of completely phasing out it rebrands to something else keeping only the current programs like Molly, H&G, Miraculous etc. and licence other shows. Better than what cable providers in Asia tried to attempt with their replacements.

Forgot to mention, Disney+ is still not available in other parts of Africa not that it would matter as Disney might licence titles to local broadcasters as they are open to licencing shows. But I don't these channels are sticking around much longer as Disney pulled away shows from the channel.

Markus Nelis

So yeah, since the forum is back and those of you who don't know, DC Nordic has actually shut down while we got the EMEA / Africa feed. I don't mind as I hope to see the channels surviving as long as possible The kids package would be pointless if Disney Channels shut down. All we have after that are 4 kids channels left

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.

Featured Posts