"The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Check out this thread, the 11th installment of the most up-to-date The Spectacular Spider-Man discussion online, for all the latest news and updates on the newest animated incarnation of everyone's favorite Web-Slinger! Just because the show is cancelled, doesn't mean discussion has to stop.

ssm.jpg
The Spectacular Spider-Man
(2008-2009)

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Check out talkbacks for individual The Spectacular Spider-Man episodes, available here.

Related Threads:
-The World's Finest Special "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Section (Spoilers)
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 2
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 3
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 4
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 5
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 6
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 7
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 8
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 9
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 10

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC![color]

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I missed out on Spectacular Spider-Man when it aired. It was one of Kids WB’s last shows in 2008 but I stopped watching the network in 2006, I also didn’t watch Disney XD at the time which aired it’s second season. I only watched some episodes just recently and it’s pretty awesome, really if any superhero cartoon should be revived it’s this one. I mentioned it in the thread on which shows should’ve lasted longer or shorter. I found it more enjoyable than Disney’s Marvel series so it’s unfortunate it was cancelled due to Sony losing the TV rights to Spider-Man. It would be nice if Disney gave Weisman permission to do some kind of revival or continuation.

DBTrilogy100

It turns out that a fansite dedicated to the Spider-Man Franchise has been conducting several podcast interviews with Greg Weisman (as well as other crew members and some cast members) over the past few years regarding all 26 episodes of The Spectacular Spider-Man. These interviews vary in length (it would be wise to make sure you have plenty of spare time before listening to them) and provide some "behind the scenes" information as well as clarifying details that may not have been immediately obvious to some viewers.

For the sake of easy access and organization purposes, I figured I would provide links to these interviews and organize the interviews by season (the 1st spoiler tag is for Season 1 while the 2nd spoiler tag is for Season 2). The episode title will act as the link to that particular episode's interview.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I found the show awful;. I'm not watching it again even to get closure from that cliffhanger. Because Weisman will just hit us with another one.

Awest66

I found the show awful;. I'm not watching it again even to get closure from that cliffhanger. Because Weisman will just hit us with another one.

I'm genuinely curious to know what you would have done if you were put in charge of making a Spider-Man animated show then.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm genuinely curious to know what you would have done if you were put in charge of making a Spider-Man animated show then.
I would have declined to make Peter Parker an utter twerp and jackass under the guise of "realism". Hooray. He's "realistic". Finally, obnoxious, woman-using emo jerks have a hero they can identify with. Yay?

Edit:

And you know what? Even if I couldn't possibly write a better show than that one (although I CAN), that doesn't make me unqualified to judge it. I have found that argument is used to stifle dissent among unhappy fans. A fan doesn't need to be able to write a great script themselves in order to dislike something. That's an unfair expectation to hand critics. But par for the course for Weisman fans.

Last edited:

Awest66

I would have declined to make Peter Parker an utter twerp and jackass under the guise of "realism". Hooray. He's "realistic". Finally, obnoxious, woman-using emo jerks have a hero they can identify with. Yay?

I really don't get how anyone could watch this show and come away thinking that.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I really don't get how anyone could watch this show and come away thinking that.
To be truthful I don't feel like going over all that and rehashing my opinion about it (which I have stated in detail elsewhere). I just took exception to the idea that I needed to come up with a better Spider-Man idea than this to criticize it. That's not something I need to be able to do.

Awest66

just took exception to the idea that I needed to come up with a better Spider-Man idea than this to criticize it. That's not something I need to be able to do.

I never said you had to do anything like that to criticize anything. I was just asking this as a point of curiosity, nothing more, nothing less.

Frontier

Staff member
According to this article, season 1 of Spectacular Spider-Man is coming to Disney Plus on October 19.

Wow, I almost can't believe it o_O.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.
I've officially turned 26 years old.

Featured Posts