DogBoneController

A possible leak of Mario's movie design from a McDonald's flyer:

Not gonna lie: this looks pretty neat. The mustache and mouth with more spaced-out teeth is a little unnerving, but it's more or less the Mario we know. I also like how they added a collar to his shirt to underscore his working-class backdrop.

Frontier

Staff member
A possible leak of Mario's movie design from a McDonald's flyer:

Not gonna lie: this looks pretty neat. The mustache and mouth with more spaced-out teeth is a little unnerving, but it's more or less the Mario we know. I also like how they added a collar to his shirt to underscore his working-class backdrop.
I'm glad they didn't try to make him look like Chris Pratt.

harry580

Then again, that’s still a video game, which kind of changes the rules, plus, it’s a non-canon crossover that Ubisoft created and published themselves under license by Nintendo. I know, “canon” is only loosely defined in the Mario series, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my point is, the Mario rabbids cover could be a reference to the poster of guardians of the galaxy (which chris Pratt starred in):
1664986691595.png

Last edited:

DogBoneController

Here's the full McDonald's poster that was leaked:

Seems to confirm the full title will be "The Super Mario Bros. Movie". Full confirmation will come this afternoon.

We also get a brief glimpse at Peach, who seems to be identical to her game design with minor cosmetic changes to make her distinguishable.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the full McDonald's poster that was leaked:

Seems to confirm the full title will be "The Super Mario Bros. Movie". Full confirmation will come this afternoon.

We also get a brief glimpse at Peach, who seems to be identical to her game design with minor cosmetic changes to make her distinguishable.
She looks good :).

Mandouga

So, it’s just a teaser trailer. As such, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Once the full trailer comes out, THEN we’ll see what this movie is all about…

Frontier

Staff member
I saw the trailer!

The animation looks amazing and the designs feel so true to the games.

Jack Black sounds amazing as Bowser.

Mario looks like Mario and it seems like Pratt is going for a bit of a...New York accent? He does seem to be trying for something different than just "Chris Pratt."

Poor Luigi...as always.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Okay, so my friends got together and watched the trailer live, which was super fun. The general consensus is that it was an AWESOME teaser, except for one thing.

Chris Pratt.

Because he sounded NOTHING like Mario! It was just Chris Pratt with the slightest accent. I know my one friend who is a die-hard Mario fan was bummed about that. Sure, it was only two or so lines, but my hopes for his performance remains low.

Still, we loved everything else. Jack Black was INCREDIBLE as Bowser, and Keegan Michael-Key was fun as Toad. And Charlie Day's single Luigi scream was entertaining!

Plus it was a really creative way to premiere the trailer. I loved the introductions from the Nintendo and Illumination crew heads, as well as Chris Pratt and Jack Black jumping on the stream. It was cool that Nintendo put a lot of thought into this big moment.

Overall, I'm looking forward to more.

Mandouga

As I said in the other thread, this teaser trailer doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Once the full trailer comes out, then everyone will see just what kind of movie this will be.

Still, it looks like this will be an original adaptation that starts the story over from the beginning. Then again, the scene where he first arrives could be in the middle of the movie for all we know.

In any case, we’ll just see how much of Shigeru Miyamoto’s influence is really in this movie…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts