The Superman (DVD) Lawsuit

Mr. Obsession

Has anyone else (besides DG, he posted it after all) seen this at WF news?

Basically Pueblo Film Licensing is suing Warner Bros. and DC Comics for $20 million to "preserve the film's integrity."

My take: the "preserve the film's integrity" line is crap, anyone who's seen the this beautiful DVD knows that it only makes the great film even better. All that's really going on is that PFL is suing Warns for their share, which it looks like they have a right to. And I'm in no way against that. If someone has legal claim to all or part of something then I feel that they should get do what the want with it, as long as they don't abuse it (and that can become a real gray area, real fast). But the thing that ticked me off was the "preserve the film's integrity" line. Why the need to play legal/word games?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I agree. I thought that "preserve the film's integrity" line was just crap. What WB shoulda done was release both versions on the DVD, which woulda actually made it a nicer set. I like this version of the film much more than the original version. Sounds to me that person wnats to make some quick $$$.

Calhoun07

It's Me
I just want to know?

Who is going to sue George Lucas for what he did to the Star Wars movies with the "special" editions?
tie1.gif

I agree with you all on this...there should have been a two disc set. That would have settled everything, and left no room for complaining. Personally, I have no qualms with the DVD as it is (except for the snapper case!
11zmad2.gif
) But I understand why people would want the "integrity" preserved. But 20 mil? They need to be suing Lucas then, because he has completely removed the original movies from circulation. And that is just wrong.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Also, what about all those othe rmovies that had extra footage added to them, like ALIENS? Was the integrity ruined there? Hell no. I just think, as I stated before, this is just a quick cash thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts