The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

stephane dumas

The 1971 to 1976 Gm Full size Wagon was a common site in the 1970 to 1980 decade. They were everywhere. Then the Mini Van took over and the full bodied wagon became the top Derby car. Fast forward to 2021, a small group of car guys and gals are realizing that this part of American needs to be saved and show cased. Watch the first ever reunion and the 50th Anniversary of the 1971 GM Wagon get together.

And for those who wondered why they was nicknamed "Clamshell" was due to the way they opened manual or by a switch on the dash.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
No Doubt's most watched video on YouTube.

Garbage's most watched video on YouTube.

Katy Perry's most watched video on YouTube.

Lady Gaga's most watched video on YouTube.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The Smiling Friends SDCC panel was just as hilarious as the show.
Also, don't forget "Smiling Friends Go To Brazil" tonight!

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Todd finally covers the biggest one

The comments below the video were even more interesting.....I learned most Zoomers DO know what this is, but had no idea the song caught on in 1996 and assumed it was some kind of old folk tune like the Hokey Pokey. Seems it's been co-opted by elementary schools to teach things like months in the year, and it blended in with the others. We thought Macarena was a fad, but it'll actually outlive us all.

stephane dumas

The comments below the video were even more interesting.....I learned most Zoomers DO know what this is, but had no idea the song caught on in 1996 and assumed it was some kind of old folk tune like the Hokey Pokey. Seems it's been co-opted by elementary schools to teach things like months in the year, and it blended in with the others. We thought Macarena was a fad, but it'll actually outlive us all.
I wonder if he'll cover some of these one-hit wonders from the 1970s?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The T-1000 meets his demise by being shot by the T-800 and then melting in a pool of molten steel.

The T-800's heroic sacrifice as he gives the thumbs up.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.

Wasn't it more around 2000?

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
So was I, but I don't remember it being that early. Or perhaps I'm just thinking of "Livin La Vida Loca?"

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
RIP Raymond Briggs.

Mic the Snare's Deep Disco Dive episode on Fiona Apple.

Adam on the ident history of Pop.

A breakdown on deluxe albums.

stephane dumas

We have anime music videos, now here a "road music video" posted in 2010 with the song "City of New Orleans" riding on I-10.

This video follows I-10 westbound from eastern New Orleans near the I-10 Twin Spans to exit 235-B (Canal Street/Superdome), terminating just south of I-10 near Vieux Carré (French Quarter).

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
THIS JUST IN: Someone found that live-action Sailor Moon pilot, which was one of the all-time most desired pieces of lost media on the whole Internet. If you recall, Kotaku once sent its entire team on tracking this down and came up with nothing (but they weirdly DID find a related pilot called Team Angel). Full thing is at the end if you don't want a whole documentary on the subject:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Well at least they acknowledged that they messed up. #BackToTheLabAgain.
This morning at 5 AM, I tune into the Pluto TV Garfield and Friends channel, and find they're showing Garfield His 9 Lives. Man, that laboratory bit is as messed up as Peter Griffith said it was.
Ok, so apparently the CN live-stream wasn't supposed to loop where it did and there was stuff after We Baby Bears, including Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, a VILLAINOUS SHORT, Checkerboard stuff, and what I can only assume is an episode of Steven Universe....

For me, the new CN USA look sucks, although I do like its logo animation. Even if some users hate RYW because of its epilepsy and the "next" bumpers, I will still retain it. It's part of my branding.
The last time Cartoon Network aired Looney Tunes and/or Tom and Jerry (i.e. the classic shorts) was on September 29, 2017, just two days shy of the channel's 25th anniversary.

Featured Posts