Tom Ascheim to stay on after Warner-Discovery deal closes (UPDATE: Ascheim laid off.)

Perla Magica

Digital Love
We can all agree that Tom Aschiem's departure is the worst thing that actually happened. With two years of his presidency, CN changed for a better, now I'm not sure what CN's future is gonna be, let's just stay positive that nothing bad gonna happen for the future projects.

Unless Discovery & Hasbro agree to move the Hasbro properties (i.e. My Little Pony) to CN/Boom and/or HBO Max. Then, maybe it's not so bad.
Y'know, MLP: Friendship is Magic and Pony Life are aired in Boomerang in Asia, so that might be a possibility.

Mandouga

In any case, Otakuninja, as random as they have been, it’s too early to say that; yes, even for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
I'm not really sure having someone overseeing every channel but CNN, HBO(Max), and Magnolia Network is the wisest in general, plus it made sense that Kathleen Finch who came from Scripps Interactive, would be able to run their other channels after that last purchase, because all Discovery Channel are unscripted and/or lifestyle shows (Own has few scripted things) , but now it seems a mess. Her background doesn't seem to be in scripted affairs, and especially family scripted affairs.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Unless Discovery & Hasbro agree to move the Hasbro properties (i.e. My Little Pony) to CN/Boom and/or HBO Max. Then, maybe it's not so bad.
Well, MLP G4 used to air on Cartoonito and Boomerang in other countries, so I guess anything's possible.

Corwin Haught

Markus Nelis

Crazy that it was originally told that Tom was staying. I knew plans were going to change. Wished to see Tom being in charge for another 5 years. Only 2 years is little time and yet he completely overhauled CN in such a short amount of time. Launching Cartoonito, ACME Night, being experimental and soon the channel is having live-action stuff. Well done. Thanks for fixing the network Tom and best of luck to you in the future!

jokerbeans2091

Crazy that it was originally told that Tom was staying. I knew plans were going to change. Wished to see Tom being in charge for another 5 years. Only 2 years is little time and yet he completely overhauled CN in such a short amount of time. Launching Cartoonito, ACME Night, being experimental and soon the channel is having live-action stuff. Well done. Thanks for fixing the network Tom and best of luck to you in the future!

Hopefully finch and Micheal don’t screw it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Hopefully finch and Micheal don’t screw it up.
I don't know about Finch, but Michael Ouweleen has been with CN for years (Trivia Time: Ouweleen was co-creator of Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law). He's proven himself capable and competent when it comes to Cartoon Network and [adult swim]. I feel slightly more optimistic knowing that he's still on board. It's also good to hear that Ascheim's departure will be gradual; again, I really hope they keep the projects he greenlit intact; the man was doing right by CN and accomplished a lot in a relatively short time. I really hope the Discovery people don't botch this.

R Lopez

Only 2 years is little time and yet he completely overhauled CN in such a short amount of time.
It still feels like the same Cartoon Network from 2020 to me, but with preschool shows in the morning. Even then, the Cartoonito block has only gotten smaller since its debut.

I think what I'm waiting for is a new hit show that introduces a new flavor to the network. Maybe it'll be "Unicorn: Warriors Eternal." Maybe it'll be one of the other things that was announced during the last two years.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
The article states that Michael Ouweleen, the current president of Adult Swim, will also run CN and Boomerang under Finch. Sam Register, current chair of WB Animation and CN Studios, will keep his job and report to WB Television president Channing Dungey.
Okay, that's good.

I don't know about Finch, but Michael Ouweleen has been with CN for years (Trivia Time: Ouweleen was co-creator of Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law). He's proven himself capable and competent when it comes to Cartoon Network and [adult swim]. I feel slightly more optimistic knowing that he's still on board. It's also good to hear that Ascheim's departure will be gradual; again, I really hope they keep the projects he greenlit intact; the man was doing right by CN and accomplished a lot in a relatively short time. I really hope the Discovery people don't botch this.
I agree.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts