Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2022 Battle of the Brackets- Best of the 2010's Animated Shows

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Welcome to:

Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" Tournament (2022 edition!):

Best of the 2010's Animated Shows!!
Welcome to the 9th Annual Toonzone "Battle of the Brackets" event! Done in the style of the NCAA basketball tournament, this event will pit 64 classic cartoon shows against each other in a battle to the death! (or something like that).

For the 1st year's main tournament thread, click here. (Theme: American Action Cartoons)
For the 1st year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Batman the Animated Series)
For the 2nd year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Animated Movies)
For the 2nd year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Spirited Away)
For the 3rd year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Adult Swim 15th Year Anniversary)
For the 3rd year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Full Metal Alchemist / FMA: Brotherhood)
For the 4th year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Toonami 20th Year Anniversary)
For the 4th year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Dragon Ball Z)
For the 5th year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Best of the 90's Animated Shows)
For the 5th year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Hey Arnold!)
For the 6th year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Best of the 2000's Animated Shows)
For the 6th year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Justice League / Justice League Unlimited)
For the 7th year's tournament thread, click here. (Theme: Warner Bros. vs Disney)
For the 7th year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Batman Beyond)
For last year's tournament thread, click here (Theme: Nickelodeon vs Cartoon Network)
For last year's tournament results, click here. (Winner: Ed, Edd n' Eddy)

How it works:

There will be two threads a day, with battles (aka voting) lasting for 24 hours, one thread for the "Action" conference, and one for the "Comedy" conference, aside for the weekends, where you have 48 hours to vote for two matches in each conference. I will update the threads each night, listing that day's contenders. Voting is done by posting in the thread which of the two shows you support. Just one vote per forum member please, per day.
For current tournament standings, click here.

"So what's eligible to appear in the tournament, and what's not?

If the series aired a majority of its episodes in the 2010's, it should be qualified to be represented here. Some series will have started in the previous decade, such as Phineas and Ferb, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but we tried to stick primarily to series that weren't featured in the 90's or 2000's tournaments. So even though The Simpsons, SpongeBob, Family Guy etc were eligible, we decided to not go with them. Some of those may appear in potential bonus rounds, though, so stay tooned!

And since there were plenty of worthy contenders, we decided to cut back some series that started later in the decade and will have more episodes air in the 2020's. We'll give those their time to shine at a later point, I promise! But if there are some series you think we will or did miss, drop a line in this thread, please!

And now for the actual tournament (voting) threads:

Round #1 of the "Action" Conference!
Round #1 of the "Comedy" Conference!

Last edited by a moderator:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Corrections: Your post says 2021 edition and not 2022. Also the Comedy Conference is labeled 2021 and the first post says it’s the Splat Conference when it should be corrected to Comedy Conference.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Corrections: Your post says 2021 edition and not 2022. Also the Comedy Conference is labeled 2021 and the first post says it’s the Splat Conference when it should be corrected to Comedy Conference.
Fixed, thanks!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I have a question- do you guys think that we should do a do-over of sorts with today's matches?

Gravity Falls really doesn't belong in the action side of the tournament, but when I first made this bracket, I put it in, since I wasn't sure if we would have enough action series to qualify, and I thought that the last few episodes would be enough to qualify it. But we ended up thinking of more than enough series to qualify, and I just never got around to swapping GF into the other side of the bracket.

I'm thinking of swapping it and DC Super Hero Girls into the other brackets, and have them go against Dan Vs. and Rise of the TMNT, respectively, concurrently with the next match. Would you want me to do that, or would you prefer to stick to things the way they're going?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I have a question- do you guys think that we should do a do-over of sorts with today's matches?

Gravity Falls really doesn't belong in the action side of the tournament, but when I first made this bracket, I put it in, since I wasn't sure if we would have enough action series to qualify, and I thought that the last few episodes would be enough to qualify it. But we ended up thinking of more than enough series to qualify, and I just never got around to swapping GF into the other side of the bracket.

I'm thinking of swapping it and DC Super Hero Girls into the other brackets, and have them go against Dan Vs. and Rise of the TMNT, respectively, concurrently with the next match. Would you want me to do that, or would you prefer to stick to things the way they're going?
I don’t really care, Those pairs already been voted. I’m just ready to vote the next match.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
On the one hand the round is over, but I wouldn't mind a do-over. We're not on a deadline or anything. Dan Vs. vs Gravity Falls and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs DC Super Hero Girls make alot more sense.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
On the one hand the round is over, but I wouldn't mind a do-over. We're not on a deadline or anything. Dan Vs. vs Gravity Falls and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs DC Super Hero Girls make alot more sense.

I can kinda agree - that match up does make more sense. However, as the votes stand now, "Dan vs" and "Gravity Falls" have won their matches, and it's hard to take away their first round victories and force them to fight again in a 'do-over" fight.

While I am fine with it if you do want to do a "do-over" match, you could also wait until the end of the first round of the tournament, and swap "Gravity Falls" with a first round winner on the Comedy side, a winner that could fit over on the "Action" side a little more clearly (though I do see some elements of "Action cartoon" in Gravity Falls).

Do "Mike Tyson Mysteries", "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", "Black Dynamite", "DuckTales (2017)", and "Archer" have elements of "Action"? Maybe swap out "Gravity Falls" with one of them, if they win their first round match?

It looks like there may be a temporary pause on the tournament for the moment, so perhaps it's time to explore....some BONUS ROUND MATCHES!!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Do "Mike Tyson Mysteries", "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", "Black Dynamite", "DuckTales (2017)", and "Archer" have elements of "Action"? Maybe swap out "Gravity Falls" with one of them, if they win their first round match?
Of these, I think MLP or Black Dynamite may be the closest to an action series over Gravity Falls. I think I will do a swap near the end of the first round, but we'll resume the tournament tonight.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Somehow when I check this site briefly a couple times a day for new posts, it took today to find out this was happening, so, sadly, I don't start until 11 days into it.

I think this time around, since I was late anyway, I won't vote in a match which two shows are involved that I don't watch/care for. Won't mention so either in the thread, simply just not posting for that day/match.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
If you have a moment, here are some suggestions for the Bonus matches:

Comedy
  • Sonic Boom
  • A lesser Hasbro Comedy show
    • Littlest Pet Shop (Either one)
    • Hanazuki
    • Pound Puppies
Action
  • Seis Manos
  • Justice League Action
  • Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
  • Axe Cop
  • Wild Kratts
  • Motorcity
  • Sonic Mania Adventures
  • A lesser Hasbro Action show
    • GI Joe Renegades
    • Kaijudo
    • Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Our official manager of the games Darklordavaitor needed the night off and asked me to fill in with tallying the votes and launching the next match. So let's get into it!

Light Lucario

Staff member
That sounds good to me. Gravity Falls would fit more among comedic series. DuckTales was also a comedic series, but there was more of an emphasis on adventures and dangers that came with them, so it would still work as part of the action tournament too.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Hey guys, I apologize for accidentally putting both matches in the action thread last night. I must have been very tired and didn't realize the mistake I made. :sweat:

Fortunately, I've been able to tally up every vote just fine, and we'll know our winners soon!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts