Toonzone Picks - The Top 10 Animated Movies of the 2010's - The Winners!!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Yes, we're a bit late in getting these results posted, but at any rate....

Ladies and Gentlemen....

The Top 10 Animated Movies of the 2010's!!
(as picked by the Anime Superhero forums)

10. How to Train Your Dragon
"This was a really good and fun movie. I loved seeing the dragons, but the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless really made the movie more special."

9. Kung-Fu Panda 2
"an example of how a sequel should be done"

8. The Lego Movie

"The surprise critical hit that no one expected to be any good and, yeah, I too really enjoyed it. I remember having a lot of fun watching this at the theater and laughing my butt off at all the jokes. And even manages to squeeze in a really important and sentimental message, even if it does get a little hokey towards the end. "

7. Coco

"Among Pixar's best, honestly. There are too many good things about it to list."

6. Tangled

"This is my favorite Disney Movie from the past few years. It's more of a modern take on the Disney Princess formula, but it works extremely well. The romance feels natural, "I See The Lights" is an underrated song and it led to one of the best animated series of the decade with Tangled; The Series."

5. Wreck-It Ralph
"I'm a huge fan of video games and this movie was just a perfect love letter to the medium. I remember seeing this movie in theaters with my brother (who is also big into video games) I think it was some of the most fun we've ever had at a movie theater."

4. Toy Story 3
" The rare third film in a series that's just as good if not better than the films that came before it. Personally, I don't like it quite as much as Toy Story 2, but I think this is still an exceptional film and a near-perfect end to the Toy Story series (or at least it would have been)."

3. Zootopia
"Probably the most important film Disney has put out in the last decade. A smartly-written and well-acted buddy cop story with some amazingly creative visuals. "

2. Inside Out
"I'd say that this was one of the best original movies from Pixar. It really tackles some complex emotions and thoughts for kids. The inner thoughts all felt unique instead of one note and I loved the ending."

1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
"Really, I'm impressed they were able to juggle six Spider people without feeling stuffed AND do it while focusing extensively into Miles Morales' personal journey. "
Thanks to all who participated in the voting!! Please feel free to share your thoughts on the Top 10 Animated Movies of the 2010's!!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wish I had seen Long Way North from 2015 earlier. I should have put it in my top 5.

Dr.Pepper

I should watch Spiderverse again. I saw it and thought it was good and all, but I didn’t see it as “OMG best animated movie ever” like everyone else did.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, Watchmojo just released their "Top 20 Animated Films of the 2010's" list. Care to see how it compares to our list here?

The list is about 1/3rd Disney/Pixar, 1/3rd Anime films, 1/3rd "Artistic" films....along with "The Lego Movie" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and "Into the Spider-Verse" (those 3 films don't fall into catagories I just listed....unless you feel "The Lego Movie" and "Into the Spider-Verse" are just commercially successful "Artistic" films).

...And surprisingly, their #1 pick is the same as our #1 pick!!

EDIT: But I just noticed, for as many good films as they had this last decade, Dreamworks REALLY got shut out from this list....

Also, in retrospect, it appears Watchmojo liked the Pixar films better than the Disney films, from this last decade...

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts