Upcoming Nick programming thread part 3

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Transformers is an upcoming Nicktoon that will air in November in paramount plus, Loud House live action series will be on Paramount plus later this year.

Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder (live action sitcom), not mentioned on upfront will premiere paramount plus on Mar 31)
But those are pre-existing properties though...

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Also it seems that the rights to the Chipmunks franchise weren't purchased by Nick after all. Nick seems fine with the franchise still being owned by the Bagdasarians.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Also it seems that the rights to the Chipmunks franchise weren't purchased by Nick after all. Nick seems fine with the franchise still being owned by the Bagdasarians.
The Bagdasarians are still planning to sell the franchise, you know. Perhaps Nick purchasing the Chipmunks will be confirmed at the Paramount Global upfront in May.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The Bagdasarians are still planning to sell the franchise, you know. Perhaps Nick purchasing the Chipmunks will be confirmed at the Paramount Global upfront in May.
We'll see. If it happens ParGlo should trade the distribution rights to the existing Indiana Jones works to Disney for 20th Century's Garfield and Chipmunks films.

Whatever media company gets the franchise should try and make some trade to get the 20th Century Chipmunk films under their wing.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I wonder if there will be a same day release on Nickelodeon and Paramount Plus like A Loud House Christmas.

kanc

Will Nick air Rock Island Mysteries in the USA?
NO! There hasn't been any announcement for any acquisition to air in USA, especially live actions scripted shows since 2018. And they're NOT going to because Nick and other Nick channels are already in bad state with less variety.

Also Rise of TMNT movie will be on Netflix on August 5

kanc

According to zap2it, nick@nite is acquiring Seinfeld to start airing starring late Mon May 30/ early Tues May 31 2am-4am!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-073545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-073545_Chrome.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 67

kanc

According to the futoncritic, there's a Nick golf special airing Sat Jun 25 at 8pm.

NickJr channel has a special (#101) Kiri and Lou : Yum Yum Baronies/Super Sticky Situation/Who Is Sleepy Now?/Small, on Mon Jun 13 at 6pm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-192926_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-192926_Chrome.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 62

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I wouldn't be surprised.. both PAW Patrol and Loud House have upcoming P+ projects.
Then what's Nick gonna air on the 4th of July (which falls on a Monday this year) instead? The most likely reason for the Cat Pack special premiering on P+ first is because Paw Patrol is one of the most popular shows on the streamer.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon and Awesomeness today announced 8 new projects based on celebrated books for Nickelodeon and Paramount+:

· Junie B. Jones (Random House): Based on the best-selling book series from Barbara Park about titular character Junie B. Jones - a young girl with an abundance of curiosity, an endless amount of opinions and laugh-out-loud antics.

· My Weird School (HarperCollins): The wildly popular My Weird School series by Dan Gutman follows AJ, a boy navigating his school filled with off-kilter teachers and even more bizarre happenings.

· Hot British Boyfriend (HarperTeen): Based on the book by Kristy Boyce, after a horrifying public rejection by her crush, Ellie Nichols crosses the Atlantic in a quest to rebuild her reputation and find self-confidence and love.

· The Babysitters Coven (Delacorte): Based on the book series by Kate Williams, fifteen-year-old Esme Pearl realizes her destiny - on her birthday - to join a coven of witches who must save the world from evil.

· Sloppy Firsts (Wednesday Books): Based on the beloved book series by Megan McCafferty, Sloppy Firsts follows Jessica Darling as she navigates the highs and lows of high school, often resulting in devastatingly embarrassing results. Sloppy Firsts is the first book in the esteemed, New York Times best-selling Jessica Darling series.

· Majorettes (in partnership with BuzzFeed Studios): Based on an original BuzzFeed News article by Frederick McKindra, "The Rich, Black, Southern Heritage of Hip-Hop Majorettes," a coming-of-age series centered on high school majorettes as they navigate friendships and family while maintaining this dance tradition.

· This Is What Happy Looks Like (Little, Brown): Based on best-selling author Jennifer E. Smith's novel, the movie follows a small-town girl who accidentally befriends a celebrity as they navigate first love and their future together.

kanc

I wonder if 8 upcoming projects could mean Nick might be in transition? Wonder why they weren't mentioned in upfront before is surprising, but at least it's better late than never.

For upcoming live actions in works, I wonder if that means Warped, Side Hustle, and Danger Force won't be renewing for another season? But will have to see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts