Warner Bros. Discovery planning overhaul of DC Entertainment

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC films and TV resets every couple of years due to their overwhelming failures. Guarantee you the next guy in charge after this is gonna bring back Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder. It's how DC works. Failures only fall upwards at that company.

They are gonna have tense meetings with the shareholders. Promising to fix the huge, glaring problems that are self-evident. And Margot Robbie will then get another three-picture movie deal starting with her producing the R-Rated Harley Quinn, Stripper Princess Of Gemworld. That's how DC operates.

Prove me wrong, DC. I'd actually like that. But I don't expect it.

Greg91

Reporter
I hope the future looks bright for DC's projects with this planned overhaul. Superman should be the crown jewel of superheroes so I'm glad he was mentioned as a property languishing at the moment (film wise). Also, I'd love to see more superhero movies like Logan, Joker and The Batman that feel like strong alternatives to the usual MCU model of filmmaking.

Hopefully, the comics receive more of a push with other media too. I went to see Sonic the Hedgehog 2 last week and got a free Sonic comic from IDW. That's what DC and Marvel should be doing in my opinion to tap into the fanbase who only check out the multimedia offerings. Likewise, the DC games went quiet after Injustice 2 and we're only getting a big new game this year with Gotham Knights.

Fingers crossed this leads to a better vision for DC as a brand moving forward.

the greenman

Honestly, they simply need to concentrate on films. Don't try to do a connected universe. Stand-alones are fine. Elseworlds are fine. Don't try to copy Feige.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

dmxx116

Honestly, they simply need to concentrate on films. Don't try to do a connected universe. Stand-alones are fine. Elseworlds are fine. Don't try to copy Feige.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
They want a Kevin Feige type leader running DC Entertainment meaning they want a Shared universe to continue.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Don't try to copy Feige.
They copy each other. I'd love for this counterpunching programming to be done & over with.
Didn't read anything in that article to indicate such a strategy, just more of what DC was already doing.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Some more news...
Toby Emmerich, who has been running Warners and New Line since 2017, will exit that role but is expected to get a production deal.
Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav’s strategy as he shapes the company is to create three verticals, each with its own leadership: Warner Bros.-New Line under Michael DeLuca and Pam Abdy, DC and Animation. DC Films president Walter Hamada will report to DeLuca and Abdy until new leadership is identified and the head of the animation vertical is yet to be named.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts