WarnerMedia sold to Discovery Networks, renamed Warner Bros. Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Lauren Faust? She could also lead Cartoon Network Studios at the same time. (She did criticise the "girls graduate of animation" statement).
Ah, no. Ms. Faust is an artist and producer, not an executive. Sure, she created some shows, but that doesn't automatically mean she knows how to run an entire network.

Also Lauren Faust running Cartoon Network Studios wouldn't mean that Cartoon Network would start airing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, if that's where this is headed. WBD doesn't own the show and they have no reason to acquire it since it's finished and not making any more new episodes.

MLP isn't coming to Cartoon Network. It just isn't.

Also, the Powers That Be at WBD have already had to eat crow about that "girls age out of animation" argle-bargle. They've announced Invincible Fight Girl and Craig McCracken's plans for a new Powerpuff Girls show, so now they're all like:

Emily Litella Nevermind.jpg

Last edited:

Sun Dash Note

A proud Brony! 20% cooler! Found out I'm Trans.
Ok
Ah, no. Ms. Faust is an artist and producer, not an executive. Sure, she created some shows, but that doesn't automatically mean she knows how to run an entire network.

Also Lauren Faust running Cartoon Network Studios wouldn't mean that Cartoon Network would start airing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, if that's where this is headed. WBD doesn't own the show and they have no reason to acquire it since it's finished and not making any more new episodes.

MLP isn't coming to Cartoon Network. It just isn't.

Also, the Powers That Be at WBD have already had to eat crow about that "girls age out of animation" argle-bargle. They've announced Invincible Fight Girl and Craig McCracken's plans for a new Powerpuff Girls show, so now they're all like:

View attachment 299448

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I hope this is a precursor to Amazon buying WB Discovery. WB and MGM would complete each other.

I would love for characters like Tom and Jerry and Droopy to be "MGM characters" again.

lowell

I hope this is a precursor to Amazon buying WB Discovery. WB and MGM would complete each other.

I would love for characters like Tom and Jerry and Droopy to be "MGM characters" again.
Who knows? They could pull an inverse of that and place all these MGM characters into Hanna-Barbera to levitate that brand up, including the Pink Panther.

WB Animation would get access to work on them anyways.

MGM could just focus on all their other franchises, including the pre-1986 ones.

the greenman

jokerbeans2091

zaslav needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows leaving HBO MAX
Aquaman: King of Atlantis
- Close Enough
- Dodo
- Elliott from Earth
- Esme & Roy
- The Fungies
- Infinity Train
- Little Ellen
- Mao Mao
- Messy Goes to Okido
- Mia's Magic Playground
- Mighty Magiswords
- Odo
- OK KO
The Ollie & Moon Show
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- some Sesame Street specials
- Summer Camp Island
- The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo
- The Runaway Bunny
- Theodosia
- Tig n' Seek
- Uncle Grandpa
- Victor and Valentino
- Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs

oh lord.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of double posting next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DogBoneController

Shows leaving HBO MAX
Aquaman: King of Atlantis
- Close Enough
- Dodo
- Elliott from Earth
- Esme & Roy
- The Fungies
- Infinity Train
- Little Ellen
- Mao Mao
- Messy Goes to Okido
- Mia's Magic Playground
- Mighty Magiswords
- Odo
- OK KO
The Ollie & Moon Show
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- some Sesame Street specials
- Summer Camp Island
- The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo
- The Runaway Bunny
- Theodosia
- Tig n' Seek
- Uncle Grandpa
- Victor and Valentino
- Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs

oh lord.

Write off! Write off! Tax breaks galore!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Hopefully, mods will forgive this idea, because it deals with politics, but I think fans of ALL kinds of content that is at risk of being written off for tax purposes need to consider pushing their legislators to make this practice illegal. I am shocked it already isn't, and I suppose it wasn't before because the loophole wasn't abused to this degree. But I think this specific law needs to be completely abolished (and retroactively) and we need to call our Congresscritters about it.

This is a five-alarm pop culture fire, people.

J10

If they wanted to write off, they would have supposed to cancel just some shows that don’t perform well, and also start merging CN feeds in some European territories (e.g. closing CN SEE feed and merging with CN MENA or CN Africa, and CEE feed stays as it is, except Hungary and Romania, they’re free to become independent just like TLC) like what ParGlo (Formerly known as ViacomCBS) does with VH1 LA and VH1 Europe (Now called MTV 00s) and MTV Hits feeds in both Europe and Latin America.

In addition to closing Boomerang in some territories in EMEA (replacing it with Cartoonito), like what Discovery did with Home (replaced by HGTV) and Good Food (merged with Food Network UK) in the UK, after they spun-off the three channels (Home, Good Food, and Really) from BBC Studios’ UKTV.

EDIT: They would have also taken over FOX-branded channels in Adria region and change them to Warner TV Pan-Regional, Warner TV Series (Pan-Regional), and Warner TV Film (Pan-Regional).

Last edited:

Moe

Hopefully, mods will forgive this idea, because it deals with politics, but I think fans of ALL kinds of content that is at risk of being written off for tax purposes need to consider pushing their legislators to make this practice illegal. I am shocked it already isn't, and I suppose it wasn't before because the loophole wasn't abused to this degree. But I think this specific law needs to be completely abolished (and retroactively) and we need to call our Congresscritters about it.

This is a five-alarm pop culture fire, people.
I concur but it isn't full blown political discussion because it is related to WBD's tax write-off, so you are fine, also I advocated about this too.

Write off! Write off! Tax breaks galore!
Do you think that Uncle Grandpa is subjecting to tax write-off?

Who knows? They could pull an inverse of that and place all these MGM characters into Hanna-Barbera to levitate that brand up, including the Pink Panther.

WB Animation would get access to work on them anyways.

MGM could just focus on all their other franchises, including the pre-1986 ones.
Seriously, Amazon should buy WB at first place, so no Discovery, please.

I'm wonder about what happen with Boomerang? Nothing is change yet, beside some schedule adjustment.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter

lowell

I concur but it isn't full blown political discussion because it is related to WBD's tax write-off, so you are fine, also I advocated about this too.

Do you think that Uncle Grandpa is subjecting to tax write-off?

Seriously, Amazon should buy WB at first place, so no Discovery, please.

I'm wonder about what happen with Boomerang? Nothing is change yet, beside some schedule adjustment.
Watch that be Zaslav's and Malone's exit once they're done remaking this company into their ideal image and selling it off.

Lol, what if there's a scenario where Embracer (who just bought rights to the Tolkien works) surprisingly buys WarnerDiscovery secretly?

But back to reality, I even think Amazon would improve the Discovery side instead of the trash we're getting from those networks under Zaslav's entire reign. Travel Channel should actually be about exactly traveling and not ghost-chasing shows.

J10

And Discovery has cut their investment in the UK news/talk channel GB News.
The dreams of a complete takeover of GB News from All Prospectives Ltd, and replacing both CNN International and GB News in the UK with a British local version of CNN has went up toward the winds and is bitten by the dust.

We will never ever see CNN International Europe with CET/EET timing.

Zorak Masaki

Now I'm worried about AEW, it's not on HBO MAX, but it's still airing on Turner stations, what if they decide to can that next?. I also feel sorry for Ted Turner, while he hasnt worked for Turner since 2006, he must still be upset to see what happened to the company he founded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts