Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Also, I just noticed today that Boomerang is now using the original (remastered) prints for The Jetsons' original 1962 run. When they first added the show, they were using the 1980s-era syndicated prints.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
In regards to Richie Rich's availability on the service, I wonder why WB didn't trade the rights to that cartoon to Universal (owner of the IP via DWA) for Universal's Flintstones and Jetsons movies. Those movies would seem a good fit for Boomerang if that trade had been made.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Not live action, animated. Back in 1990

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
In regards to Richie Rich's availability on the service, I wonder why WB didn't trade the rights to that cartoon to Universal (owner of the IP via DWA) for Universal's Flintstones and Jetsons movies.

It would be a bad trade. Better to keep the Richie Rich cartoon than those awful movies.

rmarti3926

Enforcing galatic law
I was waiting for Quick Draw McGraw. I requested it for the streaming service. Any updates?

Mandouga

Considering they still only add individual segments, I think we all need wait for Pixie and Dixie, Snagglepuss, Hokey Wolf,and Yakky Doodle (i.e., the rest of The Huckleberry Hound Show, and The [original] Yogi Bear Show) to be added first...

MatthewRC

I noticed new content is still being added every other week as opposed to once a month. This is because I've been checking Boomerang's SVOD website daily.

MatthewRC

Do you know what was recently added? Was anything added today, or this week?

To the best of my knowledge, they added the entire Tom & Jerry Kids alongside Tom & Jerry Tales at the beginning of August 2018. Some time later, they added new episodes of The Tom and Jerry Show (2014).

In the Looney Tunes Selection of the Boomerang app a “The Goopy Goper”,” Marc Antony & Pussyfoot, and Ralph Wolf & Sam Sheepdog have their own folders,
And More Tom and Jerry Classic shorts were added as well.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
In the Looney Tunes Selection of the Boomerang app a “The Goopy Goper”,” Marc Antony & Pussyfoot, and Ralph Wolf & Sam Sheepdog have their own folders,
And More Tom and Jerry Classic shorts were added as well.
I have updated Boomlist accordingly.

And thumbnails are up, too:
188.jpg
189.jpg
190.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts