Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

Moe

My patience ran out and I cancelled Boomerang, so of course, I agree with y'all that Boomerang should be folded and merge into HBO Max.

I waited too long to see if WB is going to make a change but they didn't and I had to cancel it, also I expect Boomerang to be folded last year after HBO Max launched.

For y'all, if you want to see Boomerang contents merge into HBO Max sooner, please cancel your subscription in mass, so it will force WB to shut it down as they are losing the money.

There is other issue - many customers may have auto-renewal enabled and they see lose $5 monthly isn't big deal that help to enable the Boomerang to survive longer. $10 would be too much for customers but $5 is joke.

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
My patience ran out and I cancelled Boomerang, so of course, I agree with y'all that Boomerang should be folded and merge into HBO Max.

I waited too long to see if WB is going to make a change but they didn't and I had to cancel it, also I expect Boomerang to be folded last year after HBO Max launched.

For y'all, if you want to see Boomerang contents merge into HBO Max sooner, please cancel your subscription in mass, so it will force WB to shut it down as they are losing the money.

There is other issue - many customers may have auto-renewal enabled and they see lose $5 monthly isn't big deal that help to enable the Boomerang to survive longer. $10 would be too much for customers but $5 is joke.
Good thing that I canceled my subscription a while ago, so I don't really care.

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I cancelled my Boomerang subscription much earlier--after it became part of VRV in 2018. I was watching more content on that site anyway, and it saved me the trouble of having to be subscribed to another service. VRV dropped Boomerang some time after it stopped putting up new content, so it was no big loss when it left.

lowell

That would most likely be one of the things they will do after the merger with Discovery.
They technically could do it earlier and bring all the content that's not on HBO Max over there.

Some of the stuff could even fit inside the Cartoonito hub (if that's coming) on the platform and the remaining stuff would go on a Boomerang hub.

With the exception of CNN+ (and its fate after launch), they could finally fulfill the original vision from the 2019 Investor Day:

HBOMaxID.jpg

and then expand from there.

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
OK, we still have a batch of episodes of "The Tom & Jerry Show" that have yet to be released. What's going to happen to them?

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
HBO Max won't put any episodes that include Mammy Two Shoes and all other racially insensitive contents.

All of episodes but couple of banned episodes are available on iTunes.
I was talking about the 5th season of the 2014 series.

Moe

I was talking about the 5th season of the 2014 series.
Ok, I made a mistake.

5th season hasn't released yet and there is no ETA. I don't know why about took long time.

Moe

5th season is yet to come? There's a new show about it in New York so I doubt they add 5th season.
They did renewed for 5th season but no release date has announced yet.

The gap between new season is more than 1 year, so likely to be available in 2022.

Markus Nelis

They did renewed for 5th season but no release date has announced yet.

The gap between new season is more than 1 year, so likely to be available in 2022.
Alright. It's just weird that 2 T&J shows are pretty much ongoing since the New York series also started.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Australian streaming service binge.co now has all episodes of Class of 3000, and some episodes have the modern Boomerang logo (while others have the old CN logo, or sometimes the modern CN logo in the top right, like on CN Australia/New Zealand). The episodes with the Boomerang logo also start with a modern Boomerang bumper.

I wonder if this means there were/are plans to add it to the Boomerang app in the USA.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts