What All Ages DC Comics Stories Would You Adapt Into DVD Movies

SweetShop209

When it comes to the main line of DC DVD movies, many of them tend to adapt some pretty dark stories into DVD movies. Many of them are pretty good. However, I'm wondering if the more all-ages stories (such as the DC Superhero Girls graphic novels, some of the Teen Titans Go comics, as well as something like the recently released Primer, just to give some examples) could be adapted into their own standalone DVD movies . I think there's potential to bring fourth the spirit of these stories into the animated world. What would you adapt and why?

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

1. Shazam! The Monster Society of Evil by Jeff Smith. It's a terrific story, well told.
2. Captain Carrot; I want to see the Zoo Crew in animated action.
3. Sugar and Spike. It's a classic.

Last edited:

Troy Troodon

Primer - A relatively new title I think could do well with it's own animated film in do time if allowed.

Superman vs the Clan - The art style is easily animatable, although I'll admit it can be challenging to tackle white supremacist groups in a middle-grade specific medium in film I think it could be a topic worth tackling.

Diana: Princess of the Amazons - It looks cute. Could be a fun take on Wonder Woman's origin

Zatanna and the House of Secrets - Mainly because Zatanna really should have her own animated film

Gotham Accademy - The art style mainly, but also because of the mystery aspect while also having fun with it. Almost Nancy Drew inspired

Green Lantern Legacy - We could go for more Green Lantern, if DC is quick to jump on the hype train for Jessica Cruz, I can't see why they wouldn't want to the same for Minh Lê.

Black Canary Ignite - Black Canary also deserves her own animated flick simply because of how awesome she is.

Super Sons - Come one, it's the sons of Superman and Batman going out on adventures around the world while playing off each other's banter. How could this not make for a fun film?

Batman: Midnight Ride - Because of course we gotta have at least one Batman flick ;p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Superman Smashes The Klan - Just a really fun, heartwearming and timely Superman story that I think could look amazing animated.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The only one of these I'm seen mentioned is the Shazam Monster Society one. That was a good one.

What I'd really like is to see the stories of Batman: The Adventures Continue animated in either movies or a TV show. Make those comics DCAU animated canon.

EmaHalJordan

The Return of Superfriends or The Last Days of the Superfriends
Retake the continuity of Hanna-Barbera and show all the members who were once Superfriends, from Superman to Apache Chief Black Vulcan or the Wonder Twins!

Green Lantern & Flash: The Brave and the Bold
A great adventure of Hal and Barry vs Sinestro, Evil Star, Star Sapphire, Reverse Flash, Captain Cold, Mirror Master and Gorila Grodd!

Shazam and the DC Super Friends
4 shorts of Shazam teaming up with different DC heroes (Shazam & Hawkman and Hawkwoman, Shazam & Atom, Shazam & Dr.Fate and Shazam & Firestorm) leading to a fifth final adventure, with all these heroes together against Black Adam!
(It would also be a nice way to relate characters like Black Adam the Hawks and Dr.Fate who appear together on the big screen in 2021)

Justice League vs Masters of the Universe
Faced at the beginning but united at the end against Darkseid Lex Luthor Skeletor and Hordak!

Otaku-sempai

Another: The 1998 Young Justice series by Tom Dezago, Peter David, and Todd Nauck. i love the dynamic of this team of young heroes with it's mixture of comedy, action and the occasional drama.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts