What if The Loud House stopped being realistic?

Are you fine if the show stops being realistic

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

PageEmperor

Check out the enclosed instruction book
And became totally ridiculous and cartoony, how would you react to that?

Personally, I think it’s fine. I personally think the best case scenario is a balance between realism and non-realism, the first 3 seasons did that pretty well. But if one day the TLH crew announces that they will take the show to a more random direction, I won’t mind at all. Since again, the first 3 seasons had many unreal moments, and season 4 was super realistic and I despised that, they could have just made a live action spinoff. The more I think about it, the more I loathe season 4 of TLH and feel it just doesn’t belong there. Season 5 is said to be somewhat less realistic by the people who replied to a similar thread I made on another website, and from what I’ve seen, that is true.

So basically, if this show takes a more cartoony direction, would you be okay with it? And why do you think this show insists on being realistic?

Remember fellas; TLH never had a formal rule that it must be realistic.

Last edited:
It already did that when it went from living in a large family to having episodes about ghosts and moving to Canada, I don’t hate this show but it doesn’t know what it wants to be, but I’m fine with the more crazy season 5 although so I suppose I will choose yes

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I'd like to answer this question with a question: When did The Loud House start being realistic?

From the very beginning, this was a show that featured an 8-year-old goth, a 4-year-old mad scientist and a 6-year-old who can fix a car. There have been plots such as Lincoln visiting an alternate universe and the Butterfly Effect being played out back in the show's first season. One of the show's regular's Luan, is able to set increasingly elaborate April Fool's Day pranks that are on par with The Joker. And let's not forget about the recent animated movie which features a plot involving ghosts. There were already several elements and events that could only happen in a cartoon. The Loud House is basically a slice-of-life show, but I'd still classify it as being a zany cartoon. Sure the show is kind of grounded, but it's not like the show was ever firmly rooted in reality.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm guessing it's because more out there elements were usually limited to either gags or nightmares/fantasy sequences that things getting more off the wall is a bit surprising. Personally, I don't mind the show getting more over the top since I do still find it entertaining and the characters charming.

As for the movie, director Dave Needham said how it takes place between seasons 4-5 (the latter being when these more out there elements became much more pronounced), thus explaining why season 5 used more fantastical elements.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Uh isn't the latest episode about the Loud House the one where Lisa creates a dream machine to go into her baby sister's dream bringing along half of the rest of her family to stop her from getting nightmares? How can you really say the show "stopped" being fantastical and cartoony when we're getting plots like that? Honestly The Loud House to me has always struck the balance between a just overly insane just plain cartoony world of a Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents, and a "super grounded only out there elements are vaguely hinted at or happen in fantasy sequences" of a Hey Arnold or As Told By Ginger. Like the series obviously will embrace it's cartoon insanity and out there logic for jokes and goofs but there are still base rules it tries not to drop and will still treat the world seriously dependent on what the plot calls for. I guess more plots in season 4 called for generally more "grounded" scenarios but it's clear at this point the team will go with what works and thus having each episode likely it's own brand of insanity. With some crazy go nuts and others more normal. Though honestly unless the world operated like everyone in it came from say King of The Hill I don't know if you could call any of it really realistic.

Last edited:

JTZ

Even in the grounded episodes, it's often far from "realistic". I recently re-watched the season 2 episode "Kick the Bucket List". At the end of that episode, Lincoln and Clyde drive down a speed highway on a scooter for old people, pick a ride with a boat just lying around near a river, ride on sheep, pick up a ride with a rail trolley just lying around and slide down a hill on the lids of garbage cans.

That is not any more realistic than ghosts or dream machines.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts