What would happen if Shari Redstone decides to sell Paramount Global

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
If Shari Redstone and her National Amusements company finally decide to sell Paramount Global, what I would like to happen is for Sony to buy it, and then sell their existing Sony Pictures (Columbia TriStar) division to someone else, like MGM Holdings. With that, MGM and old SPE would merge into one company that would fold the Columbia, TriStar, Screen Gems, and other brand names from the old SPE into the MGM name. The sale/merger would also include the Sony film lot in Culver City, since the aforementioned Japanese company would have ownership of the Paramount lot. And yes, Sony Pictures Animation would be reorganized and rebranded as "MGM Animation Studios".

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
If Shari Redstone and her National Amusements company finally decide to sell Paramount Global, what I would like to happen is for Sony to buy it, and then sell their existing Sony Pictures (Columbia Tristar) division to someone else, like MGM Holdings. With that, MGM and old SPE would merge into one company that would fold the Columbia, Tristar, Screen Gems, and other brand names from the old SPE into the MGM name. The sale/merger would also include the Sony film lot in Culver City, since the aforementioned Japanese company would have ownership of the Paramount lot. And yes, Sony Pictures Animation would be reorganized and rebranded as "MGM Animation Studios".
Frankly, I just cannot see Sony spin off their entertainment (i.e. film and TV) unit in order to acquire Paramount Global plus you do realise that MGM is in the process of being sold to Amazon, right?

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Redstone through National Amusements could still own a minority 49% stake in ParGlo, with the controlling 51% being owned by Charter Communications, who would integrate Spectrum's regional news and sports networks into the CBS Entertainment Group, and give Spectrum cable subscribers Paramount+ at no extra charge (like how Xfinity subscribers get Peacock Premium).

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Frankly, I just cannot see Sony spin off their entertainment (i.e. film and TV) unit in order to acquire Paramount Global plus you do realise that MGM is in the process of being sold to Amazon, right?
I've been reading about issues with Amazon's purchase of MGM, so I doubt that sale will go through.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I've been reading about issues with Amazon's purchase of MGM, so I doubt that sale will go through.
If it does go through by some chance, I would want Amazon to at some point buy Warner-Discovery. Much is to be gained from bringing the MGM libraries back together.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Even if that sale doesn't go through, I don't think Sony would want to buy MGM, given that the two studios ended their partnership in the latter half of the last decade following the hacking scandal.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts