When do you think David Zaslav will step down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Considering how he's angering animators at CN/WB, upsetting shareholders, executives, & the board, and driving WBD stock down, when do you think CEO David Zaslav will step down from the company?

Last edited:

harry580

maybe if the Warner bros discovery workers made a savedisney like campaign against David zaslav which causes David zaslav to step down like savedisney caused Michael Eisner to step down

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Very soon, hopefully.

Cosmic Book News says that Zaslav may be going after DC Comics next, as in the actual comics publishing side. Jim Lee better watch out,
Cosmic Book News is about as credible as We Got This Covered. DON'T believe a single word they said because they had no credibility.

That article decrying DC's SJW and Wokeness is terrible.
Honestly, the people who used the word "woke" had no idea what it even means.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm gonna lean on with "Admittedly Not Fast Enough for us animation fans' overall liking".
Reardless/however, it will eventually happen. With that much said from me, be not blackpilled & have faith in that much happening that he will (be) step(ped) down, sooner rather than later.
Then and only then, watch things improve in terms of content, even if just a little, to state inevitable FACTS and TRUTH, rather than just IMHO.

@Fone Bone @JMTV
The reasons terms like "Woke" and "SJW" emerged and are attacked regularly, if not outright used as fighting words to target stuff they don't like?

Yeah, this is my best take on it: Whenever it's anything mainstream (as in that of DC & Marvel being the largest targets for it) is because there's a huge problem with making everything LGBTQ+-friendly.

This is especially so when most Marvel & DC fans from previous generations are not anything defined under the LGBTQ+ terminology and don't like seeing things in their beloved medium being turned LGBTQ+ that were already established to be straight, neither. Their words, not mine. Hence why they're turning to more independent made comics/graphic novels, and/or Manga in general. Again, not my words - theirs.

That's the basics of it, and even then, it's a lot more deeper than that. Moreso than I'm allowed likely to get into. I'll be lucky not to get in trouble just for what I'm pondering/confirming if I'm correct about it here.

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
@Fone Bone @JMTV
The reasons terms like "Woke" and "SJW" emerged and are attacked regularly, if not outright used as fighting words to target stuff they don't like?

Yeah, this is my best take on it: Whenever it's anything mainstream (as in that of DC & Marvel being the largest targets for it) is because there's a huge problem with making everything LGBTQ+-friendly.

This is especially so when most Marvel & DC fans from previous generations are not anything defined under the LGBTQ+ terminology and don't like seeing things in their beloved medium being turned LGBTQ+ that were already established to be straight, neither. Their words, not mine. Hence why they're turning to more independent made comics/graphic novels, and/or Manga in general. Again, not my words - theirs.

That's the basics of it, and even then, it's a lot more deeper than that. Moreso than I'm allowed likely to get into. I'll be lucky not to get in trouble just for what I'm pondering/confirming if I'm correct about it here.
I see.

I'm not going to get into a political discussion since it's not allowed on here, but 95% of the time when people ignorantly uses the word "woke" as they hated women and minorities being in the forefront in the entertainment media, without understanding the word. That really bothers me. They need to do some research on the word "woke" and understanding actually means and never use it as negative connotation.

But I digress. Let's get back on topic.

J10

This is the first year. He won’t resign at all.

On the first year of the merger, he’s trying on his first plans of this year to do what Netflix does to it’s Animation section and to other sections, like cancelling shows and some cuts & layoffs, changing the company upside down.

Last edited:

flaboyblast

On the first year of the merger, he’s trying on his first plan to do what Netflix does to it’s Animation section and other sections, like cancelling shows and some cuts & layoffs.
Netflix is not removing the shows! He's not trying the same things as Netflix at all. Discovery is worse.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!

On the first year of the merger, he’s trying on his first plans of this year to do what Netflix does to it’s Animation section and to other sections, like cancelling shows and some cuts & layoffs, changing the company upside down.
But that doesn't make it okay, though.

Reactions: J10

J10

Netflix is not removing the shows! He's not trying the same things as Netflix at all. Discovery is worse.
Yes, they, which is Netflix, did layoff jobs and cancel projects.

I was just saying he’s trying and planning for doing this.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
He lost 2.3 billion dollars in six days. All bets are off.

I don't actually care about their whining about the subject. It comes from a toxic place, not a constructive one. If it was constructive and honest, I'd be willing to debate the subject. Since it's not, I'm not, and they can STFU.

J10

He lost 2.3 billion dollars in six days. All bets are off.
I’m not betting on. I’m talking seriously. Even if there is a campaign to stop this on social media, nothing will change at all and it’ll be ignored after few weeks, and nobody will respond, just like what happen to those Snyder fans on Twitter and even Infinity Train fans.

Last edited:

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I hope that not only Zaslav will step down, but that his replacement will actually have a plan for WB's kids and family programming besides "just ship them out to our competitors so they can profit from them" and will at least try to reverse the bad decisions that Zaslav has made so far.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
The more we hear about this, the worse this whole thing looks.

The good news however is that people are starting to speak out. I really hope Zaslav's departure happens sooner rather than later. Once he's out, then the spin doctoring begins.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Mod Note: Thread closed. We don't need a thread predicting Zaslav's departure. Stick to the HBO Max or Warnermedia thread. Also, avoid use of "woke" and take care in linking to articles that discuss it as it veers towards the no politics rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts