Which country would you like to see being explored in a Disney or Pixar film?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Now, there have been Disney and Pixar films set in a lot of countries and nations inspired by said countries and I won't list them all but what country do you think should be explored in either a Disney or Pixar film?

For me, I'd like to see a Egypt-set animated film as a spiritual successor to Atlantis and there's only been one animated film set in the country that I know of, which is Dreamworks' The Prince of Egypt.

Another would be a Japan set animated film based on Tomoe Gozen and would be a spiritual successor to Mulan.

I would like to see another European-set animated film as in maybe set in Portugal, Spain or Ireland.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I would like a film set in Japan and even a more Indian centric film, I know there was Jungle Book but it didn’t center around Indian culture or lore.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
A film based on German culture sounds interesting.
There is "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and "Tangled" already, both set in medieval Germany.

I would like a story set in Ireland, Iceland, the Netherlands*, Sweden, Hungary, Estonia, Korea or heck why not, Belgium.

*Walking in Giethoorn is like walking in a fairy tale. The entire village looks like this and there are pretty much no cars, just bicycles and small boats:

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Tarzan takes place in West Africa.
The Lion King takes place in Kenya, or another country where Swahili is spoken: Tanzania, Congo, Rwanda or Uganda.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts