Who Did The Animation For Classic Cereal Commercials?

Mr Flintstone

Particularly for the cereal commercials of the 70’s and 80’s. Did companies hire classic animation companies like Hanna-Barbara or Ruby Spears to do the commercials or did they have their own animation department handle it?

stephane dumas

I guess they contacted Hanna-Barbara, Ruby-Spears or even Filmation or DePatie-Freleng.

Some said that animated 1967 Dodge ad was done by H-B but it look more from the works of Jay Ward (Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle) than Hanna-Barbara.

Ghoster1987

howdy
i believe Renegade animation was one. Finding information for what studio did which animated commercial is really hard

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Cartoon Research has a sub-section all about identifying animators of classic commercials. Unfortunately some of the articles have expired video links but it's still useful info.

Marsh

This wasn't the 70's and 80's, but in the 60's,Total TeleVision productions, the company/studio behind Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo, etc. produced commercials for General Mills cereals such as Trix and Cocoa Puffs. In fact, Mort Marshall who was the voice of Stanley Livingston in the Tennessee Tuxedo toons, also was the voice of the Trix Rabbit.

Jay Ward's commercials for Cap'n Crunch, Quisp and Quake cereals were still running in the 70's.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts