Who else fondly remembers those promos for "The WB" network voiced by Hal Douglas?

quintex96

I have a lot of fond memories of watching "The WB" with my sister in the 2000s and one of the main things I remember are those promos done by legendary movie trailer narrator Hal Douglas. At first glance he might've seemed like an odd fit for a network largely aimed at the young adult demographic (and might've seemed more at home on say CBS) he really made it work as he gave the WB a touch of class and hot damn did that man know how to sell you on a show, just watching this promo for the series premiere of One Tree Hill gave me goosebumps:
He also introduced the WB's Upfront Presentation each year, and what a way to introduce a new season of TV:
I feel like voice actors for promos have sadly become a lost art, first they vanished from movie trailers and now they are gone from network promos too. How unfortunate.

If anyone else wants to share WB promos on here be my guest.

P.S. The WB also had another much younger voice actor who usually did the promos for their sitcoms and i've never been able to find out his name, this is one of his promos, if anyone knows this guy's name PLEASE let me know!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts