Who should suceed Tom Kane's roles in ''The Powerpuff Girls'' and ''Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends''?

Vuxovich

Given that the brand-new reboots of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were recently announced and that Tom Kane had to retire due to health issues, I would like to discuss about potential new voices replacing Tom Kane.

Conleth Hill (Game of Thrones) as Professor Utonium

I have recently heard that Game of Thrones star Rory McCann was cast as Megatron in Transformers: EarthSpark. So how about fellow Game of Thrones star Conleth Hill as Professor Utonium in the upcoming Powerpuff Girls reboot? Just listen to Conleth Hill's voice.

Sean Schemmel a.k.a. Goku as Him

I seriously would like to see Goku's official voice actor playing a villain in the upcoming Powerpuff Girls reboot. Just listen to Sean Schemmel's voice. So how about Sean Schemmel as the new voice of Him?

Brian Bloom as the Talking Dog

A random choice. How about Brian Bloom as the new voice of the Talking Dog?

Idris Elba (Sonic the Hedgehog 2) as Mr. Herriman

At this moment, I imagine Mr. Herriman with Idris Elba's magnificent voice. What do you think?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Neither Hill nor Elba sound anything like Tom Kane. We should be getting soundalikes. Also Elba is way too big a name to be willing to voice a character on a preschool show.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Also Elba is way too big a name to be willing to voice a character on a preschool show.

So is George Takei, but that didn't stop him from being in Love Monster.
Also, Elba has had plenty of roles in kids' movies. How is this any different?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
So is George Takei, but that didn't stop him from being in Love Monster.
Elba is a WAY bigger name than Takei. WAY bigger. And he's choosier in his roles. It's rumored he turned down both James Bond AND Doctor Who. You think he'd play Harriman? Seriously?
Also, Elba has had plenty of roles in kids' movies. How is this any different?
Money. They couldn't afford him for a CN show done on the cheap (as modern CN shows are).

SweetShop209

I'm not sure about HIM, but for Professor Utonium, I think Jeff Bennett could do well in the role. Beyond the fact that he's worked with Craig McCracken before, he also replaced Tom Kane as the Ben 10 character Ultimos. It's not an exact match, but he does have the same spirit. As for Mr. Herriman, I'd say Fred Tatasciore could do the role. Again, he's worked with Craig McCracken before. Plus, the voice he used for Gentleman Ghost in the 2019 DC Superhero Girls sounds similar to what I imagined Mr. Herriman could sound like now.

Vuxovich

Neither Hill nor Elba sound anything like Tom Kane. We should be getting soundalikes.
Speaking of Professor Utonium and Mr. Herriman, I was actually looking for the British voice actors, dear Fone. The reason for this was because of the said characters' pseudo-British accents. Just listen to this voice at . How about Neil Newbon (Detroit: Become Human) as Professor Utonium?

Also Elba is way too big a name to be willing to voice a character on a preschool show.
If not for Elba, then DeObia Oparei (The Game of Thrones) can play Mr. Herriman. Just listen to his voice at . Will you?

cheril59

Speaking of Professor Utonium and Mr. Herriman, I was actually looking for the British voice actors, dear Fone. The reason for this was because of the said characters' pseudo-British accents. Just listen to this voice at . How about Neil Newbon (Detroit: Become Human) as Professor Utonium?

If not for Elba, then DeObia Oparei (The Game of Thrones) can play Mr. Herriman. Just listen to his voice at . Will you?
We could settle for a Brit actor to be Herriman, but not to be Professor Utonium, too.

cheril59

Then, dear cheril59, how about Sean Schemmel as the new voice of Professor Utonium, HIM and the Talking Dog? And how about DeObia Oparei or Luke Youngblood as the new voice of Mr. Herriman?
Schemmel's usually associated with voice acting in New York or Texas, but how about Rob Paulsen as the Professor? I mean, he voiced him as a kid, but he could do Boomer and Brick, too if the Rowdyruffs show up.

Vuxovich

Schemmel's usually associated with voice acting in New York or Texas, but how about Rob Paulsen as the Professor? I mean, he voiced him as a kid, but he could do Boomer and Brick, too if the Rowdyruffs show up.
Dear cheril59, Schemmel recently appeared in a plenty of Los Angeles-based western animation productions such as Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Spider-Man (2017) and The Adventures of Kid Danger. Is that clear? Schemmel is right now my only choice and I definitely would like to see him as the worthy successor of Tom Kane's roles in the PPG franchise.

cheril59

Dear cheril59, Schemmel recently appeared in a plenty of Los Angeles-based western animation productions such as Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Spider-Man (2017) and The Adventures of Kid Danger. Is that clear? Schemmel is right now my only choice and I definitely would like to see him as the worthy successor of Tom Kane's roles in the PPG franchise.
Crystal, sir.

Stumpos

I'm not sure about HIM, but for Professor Utonium, I think Jeff Bennett could do well in the role. Beyond the fact that he's worked with Craig McCracken before, he also replaced Tom Kane as the Ben 10 character Ultimos. It's not an exact match, but he does have the same spirit. As for Mr. Herriman, I'd say Fred Tatasciore could do the role. Again, he's worked with Craig McCracken before. Plus, the voice he used for Gentleman Ghost in the 2019 DC Superhero Girls sounds similar to what I imagined Mr. Herriman could sound like now.

I'd throw in Keith Ferguson as a potential successor candidate too given he's worked with Craig on all his shows starting with Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Vuxovich

How about the voice actors who voiced THE END in Sonic Frontiers as Tom Kane's potential successor candidates regarding the voice of HIM in the upcoming Powerpuff Girls reboot? Listen! Will you?

Thoughts?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts