Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar Version 4.0

Dr.Pepper

I chose Gholdengo from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. It might honestly be my favorite from this generation. It’s so totally radical.

SoundDestroyer

Setting new ways to follow
Ever since Toonzone went down, I was interested in Kamen Rider. One notable evil rider I like is Ark. My avatar is Ark-One, one of his forms.

His transformation is also quite threatening:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
The site's been down for a minute, so it seems like it's appropriate to pick a new avatar. A bunch of great albums celebrate their anniversaries this year, and I decided to go with Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On, which turns 50.

Two years earlier, Gaye released What's Going On, possibly the greatest protest album of all time, a call for change and empathy to the Black community for the Black community, and the world at large, and he followed it up with the soundtrack for Trouble Man, which continued his introspective turn while adding funkier, more commercial influences, both of which are excellent. I do think the former is Marvin's masterpiece, but this is also quite good, going further into exploring funk while offering slower numbers that would kickstart the Quiet Storm subgenre of R&B. And of course, the title track is one of the all-time jams, part of what made his music a favorite when I was reluctant to expand very hard beyond heavy music as a teen.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The site's been down for a minute, so it seems like it's appropriate to pick a new avatar. A bunch of great albums celebrate their anniversaries this year, and I decided to go with Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On, which turns 50.

Two years earlier, Gaye released What's Going On, possibly the greatest protest album of all time, a call for change and empathy to the Black community for the Black community, and the world at large, and he followed it up with the soundtrack for Trouble Man, which continued his introspective turn while adding funkier, more commercial influences, both of which are excellent. I do think the former is Marvin's masterpiece, but this is also quite good, going further into exploring funk while offering slower numbers that would kickstart the Quiet Storm subgenre of R&B. And of course, the title track is one of the all-time jams, part of what made his music a favorite when I was reluctant to expand very hard beyond heavy music as a teen.
I borrowed What's Going On from my RA/friend during my freshman year of college. I'd read about it and heard about it but never listened to it before then. To this day, it's been one of the more special times that I'd listened to an album. I was mainly a hip hop head at the time but listening to an album that so expertly and smoothly transitioned from opening song to closing song kind of blew my mind. It felt more like I was listening to an orchestral movement than an album, as I knew them, and I was in love with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Moe

I decided to change my avatar from Chucky to Baby Yoda and Stitch to make a better relevant to family friendly forum.

and no, moderators and admins don't delete or ask me to change my avatar, and it was my own decision.

Just want to assure and eliminate the assumption against on moderators and admins.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I choose Fionna the Human from the original Adventure Time (no, not the Max version; though I did see bits and pieces of the spin-off and I thought it was okay).

She’s an adorable bunny girl.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I had stuck with the Damian avi it stuck with when the forums came back, but since fall is coming, The Great Pumpkin is coming, I am Linus Fan, so here's Linus once again.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Thought it was time for a change and I decided to go with another album celebrating its 50th anniversary this year- Genesis' Selling England by the Pound.

It's funny, when I saw the band on their Last Domino? tour (it very likely will be, btw) back in 2021, this was the oldest album they recognized, playing sections of "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight", "The Cinema Show" and "Firth of Fifth" alongside the whole of their first hit, "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)". Those are incredible progressive songs, showing the band firing on all cylinders alongside each other, with incredible performances and an ear for traditional British folk, a distinct element of their early sound that would soon evaporate as the band blew up in popularity. I've grown to appreciate the Phil Collins era and really like some of their pop hits, but I'll always prefer this sound.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
In between Halloween and Christmas (where I usually keep my avi for 2 months) my current is now Aladar from the Hungarian series "Mézga Family" Something way different this time.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
bradford about to throw donald off to show my dislike with how the show handled things esp with donald but that's another story

Moe

I changed my avatar to Christmas Mario and next change will be in January.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts