Why do animation fans hate adult content?

SuperSuck64

Lazy Aspiring Cartoonist
They don't hate adult content, they just hate tryhard edgelord South Park wannabes with gore or offensive humor in place of jokes.
There are plenty of great adult animated series, but most people talk about them for about a week after they debut and spend the rest of their time crying about how The Simpsons needs to end and how Seth MacFarlane is the spawn of Satan.

90'sKid

-Ugly animation styles.

-Reliance on pee pee poo poo humor, drugs, sex or just in general being crass.

-Many follow the same basic formula done by Simpsons and Family Guy.

-Being aimed at adults should give creators more freedom to do things that you couldn't on modern children's programming, but most just stick with a "sitcom with a twist" formula. Average family, but there's a talking dog, or an alien, or the family are aliens, or the grandpa is a drunk misanthrope.

-Most tend to be very bleak and mean spirited (I know, I know some people here hate that term, so do I), it's hard to care about a show when it's just a family being buttmunches to one another.

Sent from my 5004S using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.
I've officially turned 26 years old.

Featured Posts