Why Don't People Like Justice League Season 1 and Batman Beyond Season 2?

EmaHalJordan

Hey, calm down.
I don't want to sound aggressive! it's just that I don't speak English and it's hard for me to discuss something so specific. I don't really know anyone who differentiates Justice League season 1 and 2. I think the only episode that bored me was Warworld!

Raider969

I don't want to sound aggressive! it's just that I don't speak English and it's hard for me to discuss something so specific. I don't really know anyone who differentiates Justice League season 1 and 2. I think the only episode that bored me was Warworld!
Yeah, a lot of people hated War World, even Bruce Timm said so himself, but I didn't find it bad, so what do you think about the rest of the show and the DCAU? Just curious. This question isn't just for you, but for others as well.

EmaHalJordan

There's also this comment from James Tucker:
"The first season is very basic and that was actually conscious.
I think only Bruce Timm and James Tucker thought so, his fans were happy and I don't see season 1 being more childish. One of the most violent moments in an American cartoons even happens, Aquaman removing his hand to save his son. Diana's banishment in Paradise Lost is epic, it must be among my favorite moments in the entire series. I start to look at each chapter and I do not find a weak point. I was proud of the show at the time, I remember liking Fox's X-Men but when I saw the League I thought, this is a masterpiece, each stoty-arc was a mini movie with its own soundtrack!!

Yeah, a lot of people hated War World, even Bruce Timm said so himself, but I didn't find it bad, so what do you think about the rest of the show and the DCAU? Just curious. This question isn't just for you, but for others as well.
I love Batman Animated Series but I must admit that with the arrival of Superman, when he opened the door to the DC Universe is when I was most excited, I had a hard time getting over the fact that In Brightest Day did not use my favorite hero Hal Jordan but I loved everything, the arrival of Darkseid I really liked, Turpin's death, and Batman Beyond is good!
I'm happy with the entire animated universe. They should give Bruce Timm the DCEU, for me Secret Origins is much better than the Snyder Cut!

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raider969

I think only Bruce Timm and James Tucker thought so, his fans were happy and I don't see season 1 being more childish. One of the most violent moments in an American cartoons even happens, Aquaman removing his hand to save his son. Diana's banishment in Paradise Lost is epic, it must be among my favorite moments in the entire series. I start to look at each chapter and I do not find a weak point. I was proud of the show at the time, I remember liking Fox's X-Men but when I saw the League I thought, this is a masterpiece, each stoty-arc was a mini movie with its own soundtrack!!

I love Batman Animated Series but I must admit that with the arrival of Superman, when he opened the door to the DC Universe is when I was most excited, I had a hard time getting over the fact that In Brightest Day did not use my favorite hero Hal Jordan but I loved everything, the arrival of Darkseid I really liked, Turpin's death, and Batman Beyond is good!
I'm happy with the entire animated universe. They should give Bruce Timm the DCEU, for me Secret Origins is much better than the Snyder Cut!

Mod Note: Double Post merged.
Ok, thanks for the reply, what does everyone else think of Justice League Season 1, Batman Beyond Season 2 and the rest of the DCAU shows? Also they did use Hal Jordan in the Justice League Unlimited episode, "The Once and Future Thing Part 2: Time Warped."

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
The cameo surprise for Peacemaker reminds me of this JL cartoon wherein the entire League was needlessly present for every little thing.

EmaHalJordan

The cameo surprise for Peacemaker reminds me of this JL cartoon wherein the entire League was needlessly present for every little thing.
Now it turns out that the Justice League was a show full of flaws! At what point did this show considered by many a masterpiece become a disaster?! o_O

Raider969

Now it turns out that the Justice League was a show full of flaws! At what point did this show considered by many a masterpiece become a disaster?! o_O
It is not a disaster at all and not with a lot of flaws. Also, not every single episode of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited had everyone in it.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
It is not a disaster at all and not with a lot of flaws. Also, not every single episode of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited had everyone in it.
I actually don't like JL aside from the opening intro, yet I love JLU. Not much else for me to add beyond what others already said.

Raider969

I actually don't like JL aside from the opening intro, yet I love JLU. Not much else for me to add beyond what others already said.
I like both Justice League shows. Together, it is my third favorite DC Animated Series just behind Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures and Superman: The Animated Series as 1 and 2.

Dusty

Superman.
Everyone knows what I prefer in regards to JL season 1. I found it less cheesy or awkward like season two… Batman’s lines in Twilight killed it for me, then that secret society football fight… that was the cheesiest moment IMO than any other DCAU show. Don’t get me wrong, I liked a lot of season 2 and JLU but I found I liked the brighter season one for the proportions, designs, colors, and the animation/drawings were more in-line episode to episode whole season two felt like it was scrambled a bit. its like one person wrote one episode then another did part two without reading the first writer’s work so the atmosphere and feel changed too much and it felt like the parts (1-2) didn’t align very well.
If that makes any sense. Lol

Just my 2-cents.

Ed Nygma

Everyone knows what I prefer in regards to JL season 1. I found it less cheesy or awkward like season two… Batman’s lines in Twilight killed it for me, then that secret society football fight… that was the cheesiest moment IMO than any other DCAU show. Don’t get me wrong, I liked a lot of season 2 and JLU but I found I liked the brighter season one for the proportions, designs, colors, and the animation/drawings were more in-line episode to episode whole season two felt like it was scrambled a bit. its like one person wrote one episode then another did part two without reading the first writer’s work so the atmosphere and feel changed too much and it felt like the parts (1-2) didn’t align very well.
If that makes any sense. Lol

Just my 2-cents.
Although I feel somewhat the opposite as I like season 2 and am meh on 1, I do get what you're saying. Season 1 was so simplified and spent time building slowly instead of just jumping into the fire, that it's almost the super heroes on the purist or most primal level. I'm a big fan of delayed gratification in terms of entertainment, leaving Luthor for special occasions makes him more memorable to me than seeing him every single week making TV-Y7 sexual entendres with Tala imo.

And I do agree with you 100% that the humor in season 2 was cringe (though it got worse in JLU). This was the start of Kevin Conroy's Batman turning into Deadpool/a joke machine, and that just does not fit my conception of the character. He's not a master of everything including humor. And that moment in Secret Society where the little kid says "go!" is perhaps the most embarrassing DCAU moment of all time imo; where I thought McDuffie's influence slowly started to drag the show into the realm of both pandering while also trying to 'push the envelope' in a toothless and silly way that didn't reflect anything really adult or political.

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
Wow, it's been a minute since I've logged in...

Anyway, season 1... in addition to a lot of the comments already made, I think the creators didn't really know how to juggle having so many heroes on at once without kind of dumbing down everyone. I think of moments like in "Paradise Lost" when WW, Flash, Superman, Batman, and MM all ambush Felix Faust and Faust still gets away. Or how about when Flash had a hard time catching up to a truck? Stuff like that. The first season was very much a work in progress and they didn't really start figuring out how to handle action sequences until S2 and JLU.

TUO

I personally liked Justice League Season 1 since it properly introduced the Justice League members and had interesting episodes that taught values like teamwork, bravery and courage. Batman Beyond Season 2 had some interesting episodes like the episode where he had to team up with Stalker to stop Kobra from infection people with a plague through credit cards and the episode where a scientist was forced to perform cybernetic augmentations on a gang called April Moon otherwise he wouldn’t see his wife which he later found out that his wife was cheating on him with the leader of the April Moon gang.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts