Why were they airing some modern shows during Cartoon Planet?

cartoo5007

I remember during Cartoon Planet, which was during Check It 3.0 in 2013, the point of the block was to air classic Cartoon Network Shows (classic as in pre logo change). Cartoon Planet included Billy & Mandy, Camp Lazlo, Powerpuff Girls, Edd, Ed, and Eddy, Courage, and Dexter. However, they occasionally did reruns of more modern shows such as Gumball, MAD, or Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. I get why they'd show MAD and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, since those shows ended at that point, despite being new at the time. However, Gumball was completely modern, in it's prime, and still running at that point, what was the reason they decided to do this?

Silverstar

Gone But Not Forgotten
More than likely it was an attempt to boost ratings. The show aired on prime time and had to compete with what the other networks were showing; older canceled reruns can only carry prime time for so long.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

No offense intended, but I think that canceling Jaydeep Hasrajani's "Boons and Curses" is like a punishment for the said show's creator being involved in the hated 2016 Powerpuff Girls reboot. Your opinions on my comment?
There is a big difference between "understanding someone's actions" and "agreeing with someone's actions". Sometimes, I get the feeling that some don't recognize the difference.
It feels like crossover fighters are replacing kart racers as a video game genre.

The last point is on the corny side, but it's worth mentioning.
My hopes for the Warner Bros. Discovery upfront tomorrow.
HBO Max picks up Bone from Netflix.
Discovery Family replacement announced.

Featured Posts