Would You Say Justice League Action Came Out At The Wrong Time?

SweetShop209

Justice League Action is a show that definitely was not given a chance. It was well received, sure, but while WB promoted it well, Cartoon Network didn't treat it well at all. Similar to Green Lantern The Animated Series and Beware The Batman, it only lasted 1 season. One has to wonder if the show would have been better off if it came out today (whether or not on streaming).

One could also attribute the show's poor treatment to both the style of the show and how WB has changed in regards to DC kids shows. While the show is more lighthearted than something like Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, and the two shows I mentioned above, it was also clearly an action show with comedy interspersed throughout. Compare that to something like Teen Titans or the two DC Superhero Girls shows. While there is action in them, it's generally reserved for more emotional stories and special events, with more emphasis given to slice of life, comedic elements. Teen Titans Go is pretty obviously treated well, having at least 7 seasons, over 300 episodes (or over 150 half hours), a few movies, and has been on for at least 8 years. While the 2015 DC Superhero Girls had episodes only lasting a few minutes and had issues later on, it still ran for 5 seasons, over 100 episodes, and got a good deal of merchandise, promotion, and a few DVD movies. While the 2019 DC Superhero Girls is treated poorly by Cartoon Network, it at least has 2 seasons, will have at least 104 episodes (or 52 half hours), and has a good deal of merchandise and support from WB. Compare that to Justice League Action, which is definitely the odd one out.

What do you think though?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Would there have been a good time to release it? Maybe back in, like, the mid-2000's when those kinds of cartoons seemed more accepted or promoted, or streaming but I think that's definitely something to think about in hindsight.

SweetShop209

Yeah it probably would have been better if the show wasn't on Cartoon Network. Either YouTube or streaming would have been a bit more ideal, so that it could still be treated better even if it still came out in 2016.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my thesis film ony my strugles with being atypical
khuddle wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
Grats to you and Happy Birthday.
Happy birthday to a great voice actor that is Eric Bauza!
So, in the animated series Jellystone!, has anyone noticed that Snorky's design is based off what he looked like in the first season of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour rather than in the second season of said show?
I'm officially 25 years old.

Featured Posts