"X-Universe" Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Ehh, never been into Marvel's version of multiverse. I'm aware of them (Squadron Supreme), but that always seemed DC's jam.
Marvel. But Marvel Studios has a decent record of improving on the material.
It's a fairly straightforward conceit and they haven't yet done a crossover reveal in that manner even with the world-bending concepts put to screen thus far. On top of that, besides Quicksilver (which already provides its own story potential), these two universes were occupied by completely different characters.

Frontier

Staff member
I think the Avengers vs. the Squadron Supreme could definitely take up a whole movie, if they went there :cool:.

And then audiences would see the Squadron and say "Marvel does a better job with DC heroes then DC does" :p.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Well here are my three ideas of how they could do it.
Establish a Split Timeline. Kang the Conqueror created a massive time interruption by becoming a ruler in Ancient Egypt the Celestials experimented on Apocalypse to create a being for Kang to be wiped out. After the events of Dark Phoenix the Shi’Ar travel back in time and use the infinity stones at their disposal to try to wipe them out and prevent mutants from ever existing. In the process, all the infinity stones end up on earth causing the events of the MCU. Keep in mind all MCU revolve around the Infinity Stones being on earth, no infinity stones mean no Hydra, no Shield, and no presence of Thor. This leaves one Kang who travel into the future asks the X-Men for help wiping out Apocalypse. While another eventually awakens and continues to drastically alter time in the MCU Dr.Strange’s eye of Agomoto is able to detect changes to the time stream and creates a time bubble around the Avengers immune to the changes. This creates a conflict between the two teams as they find out they cannot exist in the same timeline. Both sides eventually decide to team up to try to create one timeline capturing the Infinity Stones from the Shi’Ar in the middle of there battle. They are ultimately successful and create a merged timeline where the events of both movies have taken place but the timeline but just wasn’t mentioned. Also, possibly integrate Reed Richard’s father into the mix as well so we can skip an FF origin movie.
Have one the future movies involve a deformed person who is persecuted for being different and have a post-credits scene with the Illuminati it is revealed in that Charles Xavier has taken custody of the child. Basically, mutants have always been around but never brought up. Wolverine should NOT be in this movie Logan was his characters swan song it would be way too soon. It should be strongly influenced by Ultimate X Men and the team should consist of Cyclops (who should have actual depth) Jean (They cannot / should not do Dark Phoenix AGAIN so going the ultimates route with her character is much better) Beast, Colossus, Storm, and Iceman. It should be like Animal House meets James Bond, and typically use Cerebro to find potential threats to mutant kind. It turns out that the big bad is Juggernaut and the team gets mad at Charles for being manipulative but ultimate justice wins in the end but with the X-Men becoming public and mutants becoming a new hot-button issue due to the high publicity from the first battle. Post credits scene should involve Prof with the Illuminati in a discussion of the fallout.
Keep them in separate universes and just do Contest of Champions or Secret Wars ‘Nuff Said.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
I'm really not sure what to think of all this :sweat:.

On the one hand, yeah, it's great to see Fox finally branching out on what they can do with the X-Men and a spinoff focused on Kitty could be pretty awesome, plus it's nice to see them giving something to Tim Miller after he exited Deadpool 2 ;).

On the other hand, it just seems weird to see Fox moving forward with these films in light of the Disney deal still progressing o_O.

I am curious to see if they'll keep Ellen Paige or recast.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I don't have faith in this actually getting made but we've all seen stranger things happen at this point.

One comic movie with Tim Miller's involvement that I would be excited to see made is the animated Goon movie he and David Fincher were trying to get going years ago.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

the greenman

Well, these projects potentially can still be made. Nothing of the merger will legally move forward for another few years. In fact, they kind of have to operate business as usual before the eyes of LEGALIZATION.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, at the earliest, all the legalities would be done around Fall 2018 but 2019 definitely.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
FOX...

I'm not sure if I should be happy with this news, or frustrated. I like that they're finally trying to branch out with characters who aren't Wolverine, Magneto, or Xavier (even if it took over a decade) but why now? It just feels pointless now, unless Disney lets them continue even after the merger is finalized.

the greenman

FOX...

I'm not sure if I should be happy with this news, or frustrated. I like that they're finally trying to branch out with characters who aren't Wolverine, Magneto, or Xavier (even if it took over a decade) but why now? It just feels pointless now, unless Disney lets them continue even after the merger is finalized.
Well, Deadpool was the turning point in FOX thinking on what they were doing with X-Men. No Singer or Kinberg were attached. So they realized, they have a plethora of characters to choose from with the right vision.

I am curious to see if they'll keep Ellen Paige or recast.

I might lean to recast.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Also, in the news!

The Hollywood Reporter just revealed that the horror-inspired X-Men film will now get a significantly later release date, jumping from April 13th, 2018 to February 22nd, 2019.

According to the report, this was partially influenced by the film's potential international market, as it would have overlapped in some countries with the release of Deadpool 2.

Deadpool 2 also received a new release date, moving up two weeks from June 1st to May 18th. And the Gambit solo movie - which was just met with yet another director exit this morning - has been pushed from February 14th, 2019 to June 7th, 2019.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Really because of international release dates?
Do lower budget horror movies even do that well overseas?
They couldn't delay Dark Phoenix no one cares about that movie.

Something else is up that delay is way too long.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Really because of international release dates?
Do lower budget horror movies even do that well overseas?
They couldn't delay Dark Phoenix no one cares about that movie.

Something else is up that delay is way too long.
International market...my guess is Brazil

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I also agree the whole "moving the date" is rather untrue BS since why not move New Mutants up some, especially since it's probably finished at this point anyway to like March? There wasn't really any horror competition in March (as yeah there is Pacific Rim 2 and Ready Player One but those obviously have some different demographics) and honestly DP was pushed forward anyway so it's not like they weren't willing to get these movies out sooner rather then later. Especially since Feburary 22nd 2019 is only a week away from March 1st 2019's Captain Marvel so I have a feeling there will be even more negotitations in moving the date as well.

Honestly this whole thing seems rather suspect. Part of me in fact thinks this is a whole ploy by FOX as part of they're Disney deal to cover they're bases. Heck who wants to be Han Solo may be moved back since they may try retooling it more for the fans after the backlash of Last Jedi? Wouldn't really surprise me at this rate honestly.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
News coming in about for a movie that was aiming to be a horror movie, the actual horror aspect wasn't scaring test audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts