You think that Nick should be slowly phased out of regular television and become Paramount+ exclusives?

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
My answer would be "no". Paramount+ hasn't even been around for two years yet. Disney and Warner Brothers each have streaming services, but the cable channels haven't gone away. Nickelodeon is no different. Nick is an internationally recognized brand that won't be going away anytime soon.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I don't see Nickelodeon folding up any time soon. Considering how relatively new Paramount+ is, it's probably a bit too early to put all of their eggs into that basket. Streaming is more mainstream and the future of traditional television is uncertain to say the least, but having a TV channel is still worthwhile in this age of streaming too. Paramount+ seems to be doing well, but aside from maybe the iCarly revival, I'm not sure how many huge hits the platform has and it isn't a household name like Netflix or even Disney+ either. They may eventually go in this direction, depending on how successful Paramount+ is, but I don't think it will happen in the near future at least.

I fully expect Teen Nick and Nicktoons to shut down though. Both channels have been on autopilot for years and I could believe that they'd want to use whatever resources they put into those channels to go into Paramount+ instead. You could argue that Nickelodeon has also been on autopilot for years, which I'd agree with given how most of their shows for the past few years haven't really stood out, but it is more widely available than their secondary channels and I'm sure that they get enough people watching all of their Spongebob reruns to keep it going too.

homeofthebadguys

Going exclusively to internet has the issue of losing the rural populous and those with metred internet.
But then again, we're talking of a market that embraced the mobile phone and are trying to tie every possible market to it, leading to the prevailing "you'll own nothing and like it" theory.

parkersfan89

After all, regular tv won't be a thing eventually.
Nick should straight up bring NickRewind back and add Taina, Catscratch, Romeo, Cousin Skeeter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, & many more. Along with Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Kenan & Kel, etc. So, we can finally see them again!

Johntoonfan05

Nick should straight up bring NickRewind back and add Taina, Catscratch, Romeo, Cousin Skeeter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, & many more. Along with Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Kenan & Kel, etc. So, we can finally see them again!
No it's done Nickrewind is done for because Live Action Content has overruled the Cartoons

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
its a possibility
Not as long as Paramount Plus is a thing. Streaming services have made secondary channels like Nicktoons and TeeNick and blocks like Nick Rewind irrelevant. You want to watch old Nickelodeon shows? Get Paramount Plus. If Paramount still wanted Nick Rewind around it would still be around, period.

But this thread is about Big Nick, not the lesser Nick channels, so this is kind of off-topic. We should probably leave it there.

Last edited:

SG-17

Nick is Nick. That includes P+, PlutoTV, Nicktoons, and TeenNick.

Now I do see TeenNick being shut down, and if it does it'll be sooner rather than later. I don't pretend to know the economics of PlutoTV but with how they've curtailed classic programming there too I don't really care.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I kind of wish more streaming services worked like HBO Max. Where it's interlinked with it's cable network (HBO ) and is the catch up service for HBO and can be used by signing in with your cable company or can be used without cable. So if you have certain Viacom Parmount, whatver, channels you can sign in with cable for Paramount Plus . I think it should have been more symobotic then trying to have something replacing something else. But that's maybe just me... I kind of find the current ways a mess where some stuff you have to cable for and the others you have to the streaming service (this is not just a Paramount problem)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts