"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 24 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santino

I'd really like to know if Greg spruced up Tim's Earth-16 origin story. I hated it in the comics.

suss2it

People should be more concerned that Wonder girl was completely wasted in this show, did she even star in a single episode?

Blue Beetle, Impulse, Beast Boy, Lagoon Boy, Bumble Bee, all had starring roles at some point, and Tim/Batgirl are there for fanservice reasons.

But what was Wonder Girl there for?
I'd say she was the main star in "Beneath". And you guys gotta remember just because characters are on the Team doesn't mean they're main characters.

WoahJake

Weisman really needs to make a comic book continuation for season 3. God Earth 16 rules..

Leradomi

I noticede that green lantern is showing a two part on the last day but last justice isn't
so I wondering if young justice is going to show the last two episode back to back like green lantern or else they would show a young justice episode with no new gree nlantern on that day.
I wonder

Deshaded

A 2-part? Does that mean Young Justice will get pre-empted that week? If so, it will allow a 2-part finish for Young Justice the following week. Interesting.

Leradomi

No Man escapes the man hunters part 1 and part 2 are both showing on march 9th.
I don't know if they are airing at a special time (which would be weird since it's the finale) and pre-emapting young justice to be a two parter shown in a one hour timeframe the next week or wati
BUT before I found this out I did wonder if they were going to be showing the last two episodes of Young Justice at the same time aka back to back looks like I might be right

Nygma

No Man escapes the man hunters part 1 and part 2 are both showing on march 9th.
I don't know if they are airing at a special time (which would be weird since it's the finale) and pre-emapting young justice to be a two parter shown in a one hour timeframe the next week or wati
BUT before I found this out I did wonder if they were going to be showing the last two episodes of Young Justice at the same time aka back to back looks like I might be right

Has there been any non-wikipedia confirmation of this?

Lighthammer

Bringer of the Light
Something interesting to toss out; apparently next week's Young Justice has been leaked out already too.

There's some weirdness going on.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Something interesting to toss out; apparently next week's Young Justice has been leaked out already too.

There's some weirdness going on.
How so? Where?

EDIT: There are whispers around the Internet of "The Hunt" appearing on torrent sites. If this turns out to true, Toon Zone does not allow for posting links to such sites here. As a reminder, the rules are fairly strict. So if you decide to watch it and choose to discuss it before Saturday do discuss only here in this thread and only in spoiler tags or your post gets deleted.

Deshaded

I really doubt "The Hunt" has been leaked. You always see torrents of various things popping up in a zip file long before its actual release....probably even when its first announced. They contain viruses or/and are passcoded. I wouldn't waste your time with them. Just wait until the episode actually airs. Or until something more concrete ;)

Like the official logo pictures that'll crop up in a few days :p

Lighthammer

Bringer of the Light
You always do, but oddly enough this one is more legit then the "zip file" torrents that are trying to get you to do surveys.

There's already previews floating around.

It has the ring of it getting leaked by iTunes or Amazon for a very brief time and someone snagging it up and putting it out before it was taken down. I'm unsure if this is what happens, but that's my best guess just now.

Northern Sun

I'm honestly surprised we haven't had more spoilers, considering how the last part of season 1 and first quarter of season 2 were spoiled, and the unannounced hiatus last fall. I'd be curious to know ahead of time if there's any B-plot, or if the episode is entirely the runaways.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm honestly surprised we haven't had more spoilers, considering how the last part of season 1 went and the unannounced hiatus last fall. I'd be curious to know ahead of time if there's any B-plot, or if the episode is entirely the runaways.
Yeah, it's a wonder if the Team's POV will be the B-plot or not.We still have a handful of grabs from previews to go on - the group shot of the Team minus Arsenal and Blue Beetle (I think it was), Captain Marvel and Superman flying alongside a Reach Ship, Atom, Flash (who looks surprised), and Aquaman in one shot, Blue Beetle vs. what appears to be a Toyman invention, Impulse running into Devastation, and what appears to be assorted grabs of "The Hunt" Maybe the Team was boomed to one of those underground Qurac bunkers and collared. And it looks like maybe Queen Bee's enforcers are tasked with keeping them occupied if they escape like Impulse. But then of course, all that aside, since Nightwing initially detected trace zeta radiation in the Warworld - the Watchtower can scan the whole planet for zeta radiation like in the events between "Downtime" and "Bereft" or Miss Martian could telepathically reach out.

But another question is what's up with that Rimbor trial and when the heck those Leaguers are coming back to Earth? Okay those were two questions.

Northern Sun

Yeah, it's a wonder if the Team's POV will be the B-plot or not.We still have a handful of grabs from previews to go on - the group shot of the Team minus Arsenal and Blue Beetle (I think it was), Captain Marvel and Superman flying alongside a Reach Ship, Atom, Flash (who looks surprised), and Aquaman in one shot, Blue Beetle vs. what appears to be a Toyman invention, Impulse running into Devastation, and what appears to be assorted grabs of "The Hunt" Maybe the Team was boomed to one of those underground Qurac bunkers and collared. And it looks like maybe Queen Bee's enforcers are tasked with keeping them occupied if they escape like Impulse. But then of course, all that aside, since Nightwing initially detected trace zeta radiation in the Warworld - the Watchtower can scan the whole planet for zeta radiation like in the events between "Downtime" and "Bereft" or Miss Martian could telepathically reach out.

But another question is what's up with that Rimbor trial and when the heck those Leaguers are coming back to Earth? Okay those were two questions.
Hm…I doubt they're in Bialya. The Team was captured by the Reach(most likely without the Light knowing beforehand), so they're probably being held somewhere the Reach controls. If they were in Bialya in Light custody I don't see why Lex would need such an elaborate way to rescue them. I think it more likely Bialyian footage will be ep. 19/20 where the Team and Light face off directly(hopefully with Kaldur and Artemis changing sides as well). I imagine most of Light's central operations are based in Bialya, so a showdown with most of them seems most likely there.

On the subject of footage left, one that I note is that there's one of Virgil holding a blue cylindrical object, and another with the Flash holding a similar object.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hm…I doubt they're in Bialya. The Team was captured by the Reach(most likely without the Light knowing beforehand), so they're probably being held somewhere the Reach controls. If they were in Bialya in Light custody I don't see why Lex would need such an elaborate way to rescue them. I think it more likely Bialyian footage will be ep. 19/20 where the Team and Light face off directly(hopefully with Kaldur and Artemis changing sides as well). I imagine most of Light's central operations are based in Bialya, so a showdown with most of them seems most likely there.
Well, there's the events of "Targets" with Ra's and Lex. The Light used an elaborate scheme to start the unification of North and South Rhelasia.

Northern Sun

Well, there's the events of "Targets" with Ra's and Lex. The Light used an elaborate scheme to start the unification of North and South Rhelasia.
True, but I don't see what they would gain from it now. In "Targets" the only people who knew Ra and Lex were working together were Sportsmaster and Cheshire, who both worked for them, so the risk was internalized. The Reach works on its own, and if they did outsource prisoner duty to the Light, having them get busted out by the runaways would only make the Light look incompetent in their eyes.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
True, but I don't see what they would gain from it now. In "Targets" the only people who knew Ra and Lex were working together were Sportsmaster and Cheshire, who both worked for them, so the risk was internalized. The Reach works on its own, and if they did outsource prisoner duty to the Light, having them get busted out by the runaways would only make the Light look incompetent in their eyes.
But is the Reach even aware Luthor is forming his own covert team? As we know, only Vandal and Mercy knows of the plan to create one. To me it is another implication the Light is making their move to get rid of the Reach. To do that, they still need the Justice League (I think Vandal said that in the season one finale?) and by extension, the Team. As far as we know, the Reach thinks the teens were only affiliated with S.T.A.R. and essentially under the protection of the League. If this team breaks the Team free, it would look like another secret JL op to the Reach.

Deshaded

I'm reading from DC Wikia that, in comics, the Blue Beetle scarab resurfaced once in a temple in Egypt. For the show, that could easily change to the ancient 'Temple of Doom' in Bialya from "Beneath." I've always thought there was something more to that place than just a secret abductee site, especially now that we're going to be revisiting Bialya soon. Maybe information The Team finds here will help them crash Blue Beetle's mode? And also clear up the Psimon plotline, which wasn't mentioned at all in "Complications."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts