"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 36 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Targets #5 in November solicits. Physical version releases November 22. We gettin' Metallo.
YOUNG JUSTICE: TARGETS #5

Written by GREG WEISMAN Art and cover by CHRISTOPHER JONES
Card stock variant cover by MEGHAN HETRICK $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US
ON SALE 11/22/22

Just as it seemed that Superboy was about to make some headway, enter a Kryptonite-laced Metallo! Will the team be able to finally achieve their goal and rescue Perdita, or will the Lexcorp robotics factory be their final resting place? Check out this penultimate chapter to find out!

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Metallo? So, it looks like Merlyn's not the only villain making a YJ debut in this comic. I should've guessed he was coming considering the emphasis on LexCorp robotics. I wonder if Mercy's enhancements will have a link to him.

Also, I love that the cover is a callback to the cover in Young Justice (2011) #24, the one with Batgirl, Match, and Plastic Man. They're both also the fifth issues of a six-issue story arc.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I wonder what's her legal status. Has Bruce taken her in as a ward or foster child?

I guess it would be awkward to stick around on the Team with your ex and her boyfriend, even if he was seemingly cool about it. I find it funny that Mal wanted to be a hero so bad in season 2, then quit in a relatively short amount of time.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder what's her legal status. Has Bruce taken her in as a ward or foster child?
I'd guess the latter like with Dick Grayson.

I find it funny that Mal wanted to be a hero so bad in season 2, then quit in a relatively short amount of time.
Guess this was a case of the grass always looks greener and it wasn't exactly what Mal was dreaming about so he called it quits.

Frontier

Staff member
That is a change from the comics. Cass was eventually officially adopted but she mostly lived with Babs in Oracle's Clocktower...which I forget if they've established :confused:.
So, was, like...nobody seeing Robin during the Batman Inc. era? Is he the only member with a secret identity other than maybe Stargirl :sweat:?
All pretty believable reasons :).
I don't think we know whether Tim's parents are alive, come to think of it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That is a change from the comics. Cass was eventually officially adopted but she mostly lived with Babs in Oracle's Clocktower...which I forget if they've established :confused:.
Nope, she works from her apartment.

I don't think we know whether Tim's parents are alive, come to think of it.
We do not.

ShadowStar

Do we know yet when Cyborg joined the Justice League? I would imagine that he joined at the end of Team Year Nine or the beginning of Team Year Ten, but it'd be nice to nail it down. The reason I'm interested is because he had the most rapid ascension in terms of designations (G-designation, then B-designation, then D-designation, then unlettered designation), owing to the unique circumstances of when he debuted as a hero.

I'm also wondering if we know whether Miss Martian was on the Team in season 4? I think she still had her B-05 designation but who's to say she was an active member?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Do we know yet when Cyborg joined the Justice League? I would imagine that he joined at the end of Team Year Nine or the beginning of Team Year Ten, but it'd be nice to nail it down.
8/24: No, we don't know the exact point yet.

I'm also wondering if we know whether Miss Martian was on the Team in season 4? I think she still had her B-05 designation but who's to say she was an active member?
That's kinda splitting hairs... she was on leave for her wedding so yeah for three months at the least, she would have been on leave from the Team but things didn't go as planned. Additionally when she was preparing to leave M'arzz/the flight over, her dialogue seemed to verify she was still on the Team but doing things like settling Conner's affairs. But I'm sure post-September 16th, Team Year Ten, she continued to be on leave for the honeymoon then went back to active duty. Same with Conner and the Outsiders as we saw in issue #1 of Targets implicitly (which is 2 months later in November).

8/25: Chris Jones is drawing Miss Martian flying while phasing.

(Also should it be Mrs. Martian now, lol)

Last edited:

ShadowStar

I noticed something intriguing. In Christopher Jones's provisional art for the Marvel Family (which he designed and drew years ago), Sergeant Marvel has one gold bracelet/gauntlet on either hand, while Lieutenant Marvel has two and Captain Marvel has three. This appears to reflect their rankings. But when we see Sergeant Marvel in "Teg Ydaer!", she has two bracelets on either hand. I wonder if this is a mistake/goof, or a hint about something?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts