Your Thoughts on Pepper Ann

Dr.Pepper

I have rewatched Pepper Ann now that it is on Disney +. I think it holds up and it’s one of the few cartoons I find to be more enjoyable the older I get. The show takes slice of life cliches and makes them fresh and funny. I feel that it is really underrated. It seems like Recess and Disney’s Doug always come up before Pepper Ann ever does.

JMTV Studios

I haven't seen Pepper Ann in a while, but I do remember liking it.

Off topic: Even though I canceled my Disney Plus subscription a while ago due to lack of interest, but that's cool Pepper Ann is on Disney Plus now.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I've seen all of it just recently, and it was rather great!

By the way, I had come up with an idea for a revival:

• It would be a Disney Channel original (while being advertised on the channel as a "new" series) with some episodes premiering first on Disney+ like "The Ghost and Molly McGee".
  • It would take place after the original series, with Pepper Ann Pearson and her friends, along with the other peers, now in 8th grade, but still attending Hazelnut Middle School.
  • Big, sudden changes would occur in Pepper Ann's life like the sudden death of her father and her mother, Lydia, dating & getting married again, but with someone else.
  • There would be LGBTQ+ references in the revival, like a possible outcome where Lydia's new spouse would be a woman.
  • The first episode would begin with the reveal that the events of "The Finale", the final episode of the original series, were all a dream.
  • Everyone in Hazlenut, in the revival, would have modern technology like flatscreen TVs and smartphones, thanks to an upstart tech company in the show's universe.
  • Sue Rose (the creator), Nahnatchka Khan, and Tom Warburton would return to serve as executive producers.
  • Some characters would have different voice actors, doe to their previous ones having passed away.
  • Said first episode of the revival would be about P.A. finally turning 13 years old.
  • The revival would be a bit more risqué than the original series, giving it either a TV-Y7 or TV-G rating.
  • Story elements would also be thrown in as well.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

• It would be a Disney Channel original (while being advertised on the channel as a "new" series) with some episodes premiering first on Disney+ like "The Ghost and Molly McGee".
  • It would take place after the original series, with Pepper Ann Pearson and her friends, along with the other peers, now in 8th grade, but still attending Hazelnut Middle School.
  • Big, sudden changes would occur in Pepper Ann's life like the sudden death of her father and her mother, Lydia, dating & getting married again, but with someone else.
  • There would be LGBTQ+ references in the revival, like a possible outcome where Lydia's new spouse would be a woman.
  • The first episode would begin with the reveal that the events of "The Finale", the final episode of the original series, were all a dream.
  • Everyone in Hazlenut, in the revival, would have modern technology like flatscreen TVs and smartphones, thanks to an upstart tech company in the show's universe.
  • Sue Rose (the creator), Nahnatchka Khan, and Tom Warburton would return to serve as executive producers.
  • Some characters would have different voice actors, doe to their previous ones having passed away.
  • Said first episode of the revival would be about P.A. finally turning 13 years old.
  • The revival would be a bit more risqué than the original series, giving it either a TV-Y7 or TV-G rating.
Mostly good ideas but I honestly wouldn’t want Lydia to suddenly go gay. I don’t have a problem with LGBT characters, but changing an established character is just one of my pet peeves.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!

Some of that is OK, but honestly, if there were to be a "new" Pepper Ann, I'd prefer it to be a reboot rather than a continuation, as I feel that "The Finale" was a nice way to cap off the series. Also, why have Lydia suddenly become a lesbian out of the blue when Moose is right there?

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Last time I watched it was when it was on Disney Channel iirc. And that was in the late '90s on DC MEA. Okay show. Maybe in line with others I watched briefly and didn't like that much like Bonkers. But definitely better than other shows I didn't like at all or forgot about. So at least averagely good I would say.

RegularCapital

What I think about Pepper Ann? she's like one in a million! :D

Haven't watched the show since it was on Toon Disney here and quite enjoyed it, but it's not on Disney+ in the UK, so I'll have to use a VPN or wait for it to be added to the D+ UK catalogue.

Francisque

Mostly good memories, as a child

What I think about Pepper Ann? she's like one in a million!

Haven't watched the show since it was on Toon Disney here and quite enjoyed it, but it's not on Disney+ in the UK, so I'll have to use a VPN or wait for it to be added to the D+ UK catalogue.
Strangely enough, it's on Disney+ Italy, but not all the episodes

creator

I'm always happy to hype up the One Saturday Morning cartoons!

I wonder if Pepper Ann isn't so popular today because the situations aren't as relevant anymore. Of course kids still experience the same feelings as Pepper Ann, but the way they experience those feelings has changed. Just looking at the episode listings I see the typical plots: crushes, parties, bullies, rivals, mixing old friends with new friends, fitting in with older crowds, saving money for special items, faking sickness to skip school, etc.. Now, most of these situations are influenced by social media and phones.

I suppose I was fortunate to experience shows like Pepper Ann, Doug, Hey Arnold!, Weekenders, Recess, Lizzie McGuire, and Even Stevens while I was around the same age as the characters and within the same decade. These shows are like elementary school time capsules.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Mostly good ideas but I honestly wouldn’t want Lydia to suddenly go gay. I don’t have a problem with LGBT characters, but changing an established character is just one of my pet peeves.
Some of that is OK, but honestly, if there were to be a "new" Pepper Ann, I'd prefer it to be a reboot rather than a continuation, as I feel that "The Finale" was a nice way to cap off the series. Also, why have Lydia suddenly become a lesbian out of the blue when Moose is right there?
Alright, maybe Lydia being a lesbian in my revival idea sounded a bit much, but I still think said revival idea could have LGBTQ references.

LinusFan303

Having Thanksgiving with Charlie Brown
I never watched Pepper Ann on ABC,(I might have seen it on UPN though) I first saw on Disney Channel when they started running it with Disney's Doug, I at first never really wanted to watch it, but I ended up watching it one day and really enjoyed it. I liked the characters and stories and I would VHS record every episode since it came on when I was just getting out of school, it became one of my favorite Disney TV toons.

Pepper Ann is interesting and she kind of fits in with Disney Channels at the time, like Lizzie McGuire, mostly it felt like an animated version of that show. Pepper Ann is fun and enduring as a character, she has the imagination of Doug and does the inter-monologing with her self as like a moral center to any bad decisions she makes, but she was relatable as a character.

Milo and Nicky are fun characters too. Milo is cool and does the "character doesn't care what others think" thing well without it feeling fake or weird. Nicky is a perfectionist character, but written so well it doesn't come off as off putting and she brings her humor and plays good moral center to Pepper Ann's antics.

The family dynamic was pretty interesting too, Pepper Ann and Moose weren't fighting all the time, they were just kind of on their own things since they had different hobbies and are apart in age, but it was always nice to see how much they cared about each other.

Lydia was pretty good too, I liked her confidence as a character. I think she's one of my favorite Disney TV mom's (maybe tied with Tino's Mom on Weekenders) A lot of the side characters were great too, it would be a town I'd want to visit.

It's kind of sad that the late 90's/ Early 2000's toon conversation is always about Nick and Cartoon Network, when Disney had some strong contenders for well done and interesting shows; even though this show as written with the E/I requirement constraints it was well done.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts