Zeke & Luther gets renewed for a Third Season...

Poweranimals

Invincible
Not too surprising as Disney XD doesn't have a lot else to fall back on right now.

August 2, 2010
SIDEWALK SURFING BUDDIES RETURN FOR THIRD SEASON OF HIT DISNEY XD COMEDY SERIES, "ZEKE AND LUTHER"

Disney XD has ordered a third season of the hit comedy series "Zeke and Luther." The announcement was made today by Gary Marsh, president, Entertainment, and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide. New episodes of the buddy comedy about two best friends determined to achieve epic skateboarding status will begin production fall 2010 in and around southern California. Starring are popular teen actors Hutch Dano, Adam Hicks, Ryan Newman and Daniel Curtis Lee.
In making the announcement, Marsh said: "We have great comedic talent on camera and behind the scenes, and we join its growing fan base in looking forward to a third season of the unique and relatable storytelling that has made 'Zeke and Luther' so popular, especially among boys."
Returning are creators and executive producers Matt Dearborn and Tom Burkhard, the team behind the Emmy Award-nominated and BAFTA-winning Disney Channel series, "Even Stevens."

Set in the mythical Northern California beach community of Pacific Terrace, the series follows the comedic adventures of best friends Zeke and Luther and their quest to become the world's best skateboarders, while also navigating the ups and downs of teenage life. Quick to challenge the boys’ claim to being the best sidewalk surfers in the neighborhood is their friend and foe with a larger-than-life attitude, Kojo. Another thorn in their side is Zeke's business-savvy little sister, Ginger, who finds her brother’s skateboarding dreams childish.

"Zeke and Luther" premiered in June 2009 on Disney XD in the U.S., and can be seen on Disney Channel's worldwide. Starring are: Hutch Dano (The Disney Channel Original Movie "Den Brother" and the feature film "Ramona and Beezus") as Zeke, Adam Hicks ("JONAS L.A.") as Luther, Daniel Curtis Lee ("Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide") as Kojo and Ryan Newman ("Hannah Montana") as Ginger. "Zeke and Luther" is produced by Turtle Rock Productions, Inc. and carries a TV-Y7 parental guideline.

"Zeke and Luther" is the #1 live-action original series on Disney XD this year across all key kid and boy demos.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, most current U.S. ratings, 2010 to date through 7/22/10. Program ranks based on 000s, then rating. Based on all play program averages.

Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand showcasing a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for Kids age 6-14, hyper-targeting boys and their quest for discovery, accomplishment, sports, adventure and humor. Disney XD branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD is seen on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network that reaches over 77 million households via its basic cable affiliates. Disney XD channels are in the UK, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Latin America and Japan.
Press Contact:
Brenda Kelly Grant, Brenda.Kelly.Grant@Disney.com, (818) 569-7843

-- Disney XD --

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
A 3rd season of Zeke & Luther? I wasn't aware that they had a 2nd season. :sweat:
Season 1 ran from June 2009 - February 2010 and had 21 episodes. Season 2 is currently in progress (started in March) and will have 26 episodes by the time it's done.

Nitemayer

herp derp
Ryan Newman?

I don't believe it. I thought it was weird that Hutch Dano's first name was what it is, but, well... hmm. Mostly I'm surprised I hadn't noticed that before. R-Y-A-N Newman...

I think Z&L is incredibly okay. I watch it when there's absolutely nothing else on, but I can't say I pay attention much when I do. The show has funny moments. I wish I could stop confusing Daniel Curtis Lee and Brandon Mychal Smith (who tends to act pushy, loud and snarky, especially when placed right next to kind and humble Sterling Knight). Don't know what else to say. I think I'll pick up the show more this season.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts