Greg Weisman writing new "The Spectacular Spider-Men" comic series

Spider-Man

So glad to hear Greg Weisman will be writing more Spider-Man and that it'll be a team-up book with Miles! Sounds perfect!

'Spectacular Spider-Men' Proves Two Webheads Are Better Than One​

Superstar creators Greg Weisman and Humberto Ramos team up for an all-new Spidey series in March starring both Peter Parker and Miles Morales.​

by Marvel

The Marvel Universe proudly boasts two amazing Spider-Men, and this March, they’ll join forces in their first ongoing series ever: SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MEN! Not only will the series team up two of comic books’ biggest icons, it’ll also team up two industry superstars: writer Greg Weisman and artist Humberto Ramos.

Weisman, known for writing the beloved animated Spectacular Spider-Man animated series and creating Gargoyles, returns with all the web-slinging drama and adventure that made Spectacular Spider-Man a fan-favorite series. And who better to bring these new sagas to life than one of the definitive AMAZING SPIDER-MAN artists, Spidey legend Humberto Ramos!

Together, they’ll introduce a fresh dynamic between Peter and Miles as super hero partners who swap intelligence and tips, combine their strength against threats, and learn from each other’s differences in age and experience. The duo’s journey kicks off with an epic run-in with the Jackal, and fans can get their first look at the action in a special announcement video, featuring never-before-seen interior artwork.

Peter Parker and Miles Morales are going to team up on the regular, comparing notes and using said notes to take on some of their most dangerous bad guys. This duo is better than dynamic, amazing, sensational, superior… they’re SPECTACULAR!

"I'm so thrilled to be writing Spidey again, and the fact that I get to write both Spideys, together, makes the gig doubly sweet," Weisman shared. "It's fun for me, because in this book, I see the younger Miles trying really hard to show his maturity to his mentor Peter, while the older Pete feels free to let out his inner 16-year-old with Miles. So there's a bit of role reversal to the normal mentor-protege relationship than one might expect to see."

"But I think both Pete and Miles still feel very true to character," he continued. "And when things get serious, so do our boys (quippage notwithstanding). What we're seeing here is the evolution from mentor and protegee to them simply being good friends. And that change of status (in process, as it is) really interests me as a writer. Oh, and Humberto's art is so damn gorgeous."

"From a very young age, my goal was to draw Spider-Man for Marvel Comics, and now that it has become a recurring reality in my life, I enjoy every occasion in which I am called to do so, or as I like to say 'come back home,' and I could not ask for a better way to do that than alongside Greg Weisman who gave us the greatest Spider-Man TV series!" Ramos said. "Not only that, but in this book, I not only have the joy of drawing not one but two Spider-Mans. Drawing Peter's adventures was exciting enough, I can only imagine how it will be drawing both Peter and Miles’ adventures! I love my job!"

Marvel.com: 'Spectacular Spider-Men' Proves Two Webheads Are Better Than One

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'm worried that the last time he wrote for Marvel it was Starbrand and Nightmask and as good as it was it got prematurely canceled after four issues and Starbrand was unceremoniously killed off by Jason Aaron.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised Marvel hasn't done an actual ongoing with Peter and Miles. They've teamed up in the comics and in limited stuff like Spider-Men, but this is different.

Pretty cool to see Greg Weisman writing Spider-Man. He's probably busy between the Gargoyles comics and this. Yeah, it's not the show revival I was hoping for, but I still enjoyed enough of Weisman's Peter to look forward to see him tackle a mature version of him. And it'll be interesting to see how he handles Miles.

I always enjoyed Humberto Ramos's work. Yeah, he's a bit overused, but it works. A cartoony-style just fits Spider-Man right.

I'm worried that the last time he wrote for Marvel it was Starbrand and Nightmask and as good as it was it got prematurely canceled after four issues and Starbrand was unceremoniously killed off by Jason Aaron.
I think it'll fare better. Spider-Man is a far more popular than Starbrand or Nightmask. Though yeah, it's unfortunate Starbrand was replaced by Aaron's OC and Nightmask just vanished.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of Cartoon Network's "City Era". This era ties with the "Powerhouse Era" as my favorite era through out the channel's history.

Featured Posts