"The Spectacular Spider-Men (2024 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this Marvel Comic series!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Peter Parker and Miles Morales team-up in this ongoing Spider-Man series!

The Spectacular Spider-Men (2024) #1

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Writer: Greg Weisman
Artist: Humberto Ramos

The stars of two of Marvel's biggest series come together in their first ongoing series ever! That's right, Peter Parker and Miles Morales are going to team up on the regular, comparing notes and using said notes to take on some of their most dangerous bad guys. This duo is better than dynamic, amazing, sensational, superior…they're spectacular!! And with Greg Weisman, writer of the fan-favorite The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series, returning to Spidey along with Spider-Legend Humberto Ramos, you know it's going to be epic.

What are your thoughts on The Spectacular Spider-Men?

Related Discussion:

The Amazing Spider-Man (2022 Ongoing) Talkback (Spoilers)
Miles Morales: Spider-Man (2022 Ongoing) Talkback (Spoilers)
Spider-Man (2022 Ongoing) Talkback (Spoilers)
Ultimate Spider-Man (2024 Ongoing) Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Spider-Boy (2023 Ongoing) Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (One-Shot) #1 Comic Talkback (Spoilers)
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
Marvel's Spider-Man Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
Gargoyles (2022 Ongoing Dynamite Comics) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

A good start to the new comic but I found it a little confusing. The stuff with Peter and Miles was really good and fun and love how Weisman is writing them but the story for the first arc doesn't seem clear yet and the little interludes throughout while clearly connected don't offer enough info to get a sense of what the danger is. Love seeing Ramos back to and his art is some of his best. Hoping things will come together better in the next few issues.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
The first issue is a good start, for the most part. It's pretty refreshing to see an angst-free version of Peter and Miles's relationship. I like the idea of setting it around their Wednesday coffee meetings since it gives the book a unique hook and a solid supporting cast made up of the Coffee Bean's staff and regular patrons. There's the 616 versions of the TV show's cast like Kenny Kong, Sha-Shan Nguyen, and Raymond Aaron Warren, but also some people from Weisman's previous Starbrand and Nightmask comic like Shelly Conklin and Cedric Harrison.

Humberto Ramos does some of his best art work in this issue. Everything felt energetic and stylized without being too childish. The scene where Peter and Miles take down the Jackal with multiple web bursts was especially fun. There's some awkward faces here and there, but nothing too distracting.

My only problems with it: the media-res format does nothing for this story, and it gets needlessly confusing when a 12-week time skip and the abrupt cuts to seemingly unrelated plots also join in. The second: Peter's quipping gets a little too much, especially when the jokes are corny rather than endearing. It risks making him look like an immature manchild compared to Miles, who also comes a bit too sardonic to Peter's quips.

Anyway, as a treat, here's Josh Keaton and Andrew Kishino reprising their roles for what was arguably the comic's best gag.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts