General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

Small observation:
I've had the opportunity to watch some documentary channels from Europe, mostly Eastern Europe and the UK: small observation:

Because of the slightly longer length of many documentaries (45 to 47 minutes), that channels like Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild in the UK but not only, already use a kind of flow the American way when it comes to breaks, with 3 five minute breaks in the middle of the show, and then just an ident separating the two documentaries.

This doesn't happen in Poland, where Nat Geo only runs two internal ad breaks and also a break between the two documentaries, at around :56-:57 (most schedule is at the top of the hour/half hour).

So that means why these channels running with a Spanish license isn't too much of a problem, because the documentaries are rather "long", and they're still able to cram there 12 minutes of advertising + just 3 minutes of "autopromociones"

J10

GREAT NEWS:
  • SSC (Saudi Sports Company) Channel has announced that they’re airing matches from CAF Qualifiers for FIFA World Cup 2022 (Qatar), beside AFC Asian Qualifiers.

• Also, SSC has won the rights for NFL in Saudi Arabia. The last time it aired was on beIN SPORTS MENA, and it didn’t renew in September 2020.View attachment 291657
IT'S OFFICIAL:
SSC has taken the rights for NFL for all MENA viewers, not just Saudi Arabia. This marks the first broadcasting rights that SSC (Saudi Sports Company) ever had.

Francisque

Gone is the Italian "oddity" about 18% per hour of advertising on commercial stations (now it's 20% per hour: AKA 12 minutes against 10,8 minutes)

Pay TV has also received an increase, from 7 minutes to 9 minutes per hour (15%)

Local TV stations in Italy, are still 15 minutes per hour

(Luckily, the limit is still per hour, not like EU directives!)

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
BBC will rebranded in next wednesday with new logo and idents.
BBC Earth, BBC Lifestyle, BBC Brit and BBC First could be rebranded in 2022 somehow.
Looks really good.
But still, RIP Gill Sans logo 1997-2021. It was a long-lasting logo, for 24 years.

Last edited:

J10

BBC will rebranded in next Wednesday with new logo and idents.
BBC Earth, BBC Lifestyle, BBC Brit and BBC First could be rebranded in 2022 somehow.
That's for the UK, as it's shown the BBC UK Channels and BBC iPlayer. BBC News will just modify the logo. I thought BBC One until BBC Four will be Reith-ed like BBC News/BBC World News, regarding the program titles.

Also, those international channels won't rebrand, especially BBC World News. They'll have to wait until early 2023.

RONTV

That's for the UK, as it's shown the BBC UK Channels and BBC iPlayer. BBC News will just modify the logo. I thought BBC One until BBC Four will be Reith-ed like BBC News/BBC World News, regarding the program titles.

Also, those international channels won't rebrand, especially BBC World News. They'll have to wait until early 2023.
This rebrand will happening in UK before BBC will celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2022.

RegularCapital

Staff member
What makes people say that the UK rebrand won't happen elsewhere until 2023?

Acrtually, BBC World News is probably the least problematic, since it shares infrastructure with BBC News UK.

The BBC rebrands, USUALLY, are international
Only a logo swap would be required, the "Reithing" process has already been done. I wonder if there will be new countdowns, they're more than likely keep the music by David Lowe.

J10

Only a logo swap would be required, the "Reithing" process has already been done. I wonder if there will be new countdowns, they're more than likely keep the music by David Lowe.
The graphics and countdown will be kept, but the BBC logo will be modified or swapped to the new one.

Unfortunately, for BBC News Farsi, from what I saw, they don’t reith the Coming Up Next/Later ident, nor changing the music of it to the ones used on BBC World News & BBC News Arabic.

The countdown for BBC News Farsi & BBC News Arabic are the same (unchanged) until now, and the timer is not Reith-ed at all.

I guess they won’t change their logos at all, until 2023, and that’s what’ll happen, as it’ll take longer time than usual.

J10

You're too pessimistic..
I’m sorry, but this is the truth…

I’m not upset…

The Entertainment Channels, part of BBC Studios, would or may rebrand next year, but I was saying about the foreign-speaking news channels, BBC News Arabic and BBC News Farsi, as it’s not fully rebranded like BBC World News, by looking at the the channel’s logo. I was hoping at that time for a full rebrand for both of them, being fully Reithed just like BBC News and BBC World News.

Both channels took time to get the 2013 graphics, and even in 2019 graphics.

Last edited:

J10

On other topics:
IT'S OFFICIAL:
SSC has taken the rights for NFL for all MENA viewers, not just Saudi Arabia. This marks the first broadcasting rights that SSC (Saudi Sports Company) ever had.
SSC now promotes the NFL on their channels, and also on their Twitter account.

Also, the Swedish Premier League, Allsvenskan, is going to be aired on the Iraqi Channel, Al-Rabia Sport Channel. This is the first time ever to be aired in the MENA region.
1634143333331.jpeg

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
National Geographic Hungary continuity and closedown loop from 27 May 2006.

4! Story TV (now TV4 Hungary) continuity from July 2007.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts