Insidus

I don't know if it's only me but Moonbug was airing Supa Strikas in both English and French/Portuguese at the same time. I wonder does this channel do localisation as seen with other global kids channels.

Insidus

BBC Studios have increased their limit on investing kids' TV shows by $318 million.
Streamlining attempts heard they'd be looking to downsize their channels by 2027 going up anyways I don't see that affecting their preschool lineup and I think CBBC should serve as a block on CBeebies for "select shows"

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I don't see that affecting their preschool lineup and I think CBBC should serve as a block on CBeebies for "select shows".
I doubt it as I think BBC Three could do a CBBC block in the late afternoon slot until 7pm like ITV2 does a CITV block in the morning slot but that's just me.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Tiny Pop has left conventional broadcasting platforms (DTT, Cable, and Satellite) this morning at 6am, the channel has transitioned to digital and will continue to stream on FAST (Free Ad-Supported Television) platforms LG Channels, Samsung TV Plus, Rakuten TV, Netgem TV, and the Pop Player app.

Last time I checked, the broadcast version is now showing an ident loop, the FAST version is showing normal programming.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Dare I say I find weird the choice from Narrative to turn Tiny Pop into a FAST-only channel instead of Pop Max, as out of the three, the latter seemed to be the less strong one.
OT: Did GREAT! real launch too? I'm getting tired to refresh The Ident Gallery for see shots of the presentation...
EDIT: The channel did launch and it's very green. I'm pleased. Hopefully it does get true crime content so my soul can be soothed by the presence of a spiritual revivial of Sony Crime.

Last edited:

Francisque

Dare I say I find weird the choice from Narrative to turn Tiny Pop into a FAST-only channel instead of Pop Max, as out of the three, the latter seemed to be the less strong one.
OT: Did GREAT! real launch too? I'm getting tired to refresh The Ident Gallery for see shots of the presentation...
EDIT: The channel did launch and it's very green. I'm pleased. Hopefully it does get true crime content so my soul can be soothed by the presence of a spiritual revivial of Sony Crime.
It's quite silly, POP Max needed to be shut down, not Tiny POP!

Maybe there's a commercial reasoning to do so, but not in my book: I mean, preschoolers watch TV slightly more than older kids... but whatever

It's very likely Great Real is ESPECIALLY True Crime

Pop continuity from June 11, 2007.
The pres looked quite cheap, even for the standards of that time (which weren't that bad actually, but now they're slightly more "refined")

I doubt it as I think BBC Three could do a CBBC block in the late afternoon slot until 7pm like ITV2 does a CITV block in the morning slot but that's just me.
What works on commercial channels won't work on public ones and viceversa

BBC Three doesn't have to money to "expand" before 7pm (at that point, they might as well keep the CBBC Channel), it's struggling as it is (that is, the relaunched linear channel)
Meanwhile, CITV on ITV2 is just a cheap way to tick the box of their children's programming quota, nothing else

Having a block on weekday afternoons and weekend mornings (they do on Saturday mornings only, currently) on BBC Two might work though, but I doubt BBC Two will be replacing much of their afternoon offer for something that might struggle a lot such as children's programmes
So, they might as well push a "streaming only" strategy, even if this doesn't look appetizing at all

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
It's quite silly, POP Max needed to be shut down, not Tiny POP!

Maybe there's a commercial reasoning to do so, but not in my book: I mean, preschoolers watch TV slightly more than older kids... but whatever

It's very likely Great Real is ESPECIALLY True Crime

The pres looked quite cheap, even for the standards of that time (which weren't that bad actually, but now they're slightly more "refined")

What works on commercial channels won't work on public ones and viceversa

BBC Three doesn't have to money to "expand" before 7pm (at that point, they might as well keep the CBBC Channel), it's struggling as it is (that is, the relaunched linear channel)
Meanwhile, CITV on ITV2 is just a cheap way to tick the box of their children's programming quota, nothing else

Having a block on weekday afternoons and weekend mornings (they do on Saturday mornings only, currently) on BBC Two might work though, but I doubt BBC Two will be replacing much of their afternoon offer for something that might struggle a lot such as children's programmes
So, they might as well push a "streaming only" strategy, even if this doesn't look appetizing at all

The POP channels have limited Freeview coverage since they all moved to the Local TV multiplex, that not all areas have, but with, that Pop Max has increased coverage. I doubt that they would really do a complete move to FAST services on Smart TVs if it wasn't getting any viewership on those platforms, but I really do think this is an experiment more than anything, but there's a chance that it could reappear on Freely when that launches. I would imagine that Sky or Virgin weren't flexible enough on distribution, they couldn't go the streaming only route at least for the time being.

Kids TV is in such a mess now, as different channels are accessed in different ways and no seamless switching between them, hopefully Freely will fix this, reuniting the free streaming and non-streaming channels on one platform.

Francisque

The POP channels have limited Freeview coverage since they all moved to the Local TV multiplex, that not all areas have, but with, that Pop Max has increased coverage. I doubt that they would really do a complete move to FAST services on Smart TVs if it wasn't getting any viewership on those platforms, but I really do think this is an experiment more than anything, but there's a chance that it could reappear on Freely when that launches. I would imagine that Sky or Virgin weren't flexible enough on distribution, they couldn't go the streaming only route at least for the time being.

Kids TV is in such a mess now, as different channels are accessed in different ways and no seamless switching between them, hopefully Freely will fix this, reuniting the free streaming and non-streaming channels on one platform.
Yes man, a huge BIG mess; they can't compete easily with the streaming giants and the fact that older kids are watching less and less TV intended "for them"

Even in Italy, I think RAI is going to shut down soon RAI Gulp which has very low ratings, as opposed to the preschooler RAI Yoyo channel, which is quite good at it

Similar to CBBC and Cbeebies, except RAI hasn't even tried to compete "properly" with Boing (the relatively most popular kids TV channel here; relatively so these days, as it's lost a lot) for that kind of audience; it's a poor attempt at an older children's audience... they had good ideas for that kind of audience on RAI2 and RAI3 until the mid-2000s, after all, it's been a "meh", and I believe the launch of RAI Gulp has even weakened their offer, kind of similar to how the CITV Channel has actually weakened the ITV offer for that demographic

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Yes man, a huge BIG mess; they can't compete easily with the streaming giants and the fact that older kids are watching less and less TV intended "for them"

Even in Italy, I think RAI is going to shut down soon RAI Gulp which has very low ratings, as opposed to the preschooler RAI Yoyo channel, which is quite good at it

Similar to CBBC and Cbeebies, except RAI hasn't even tried to compete "properly" with Boing (the relatively most popular kids TV channel here; relatively so these days, as it's lost a lot) for that kind of audience; it's a poor attempt at an older children's audience... they had good ideas for that kind of audience on RAI2 and RAI3 until the mid-2000s, after all, it's been a "meh", and I believe the launch of RAI Gulp has even weakened their offer, kind of similar to how the CITV Channel has actually weakened the ITV offer for that demographic
Honestly, the early Rai Gulp was an hybrid, since it did air preschool content in the early hours (Rai Yoyo still was a pay channel under the RaiSat family).
So was Boing, before Cartoonito came.
Honestly, I'd would not be surprised if some other kids channels close in Italy. Frisbee and K2 live in a situation of "WBD needs them for the adverts, probably. but get minimal content" and Super! got worse when DeAgostini sold all to ParGlo (F for Marino, still missing that funky mascotte)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
What works on commercial channels won't work on public ones and vice versa.

BBC Three doesn't have to money to "expand" before 7pm (at that point, they might as well keep the CBBC Channel), it's struggling as it is (that is, the relaunched linear channel).

Having a block on weekday afternoons and weekend mornings (they do on Saturday mornings only, currently) on BBC Two might work though, but I doubt BBC Two will be replacing much of their afternoon offer for something that might struggle a lot such as children's programmes.

So, they might as well push a "streaming only" strategy, even if this doesn't look appetizing at all.
Well, I said "could", not "will" since I am aware that it's very unlikely due to the shift towards streaming.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Correction: At the start, Discovery Kids and Discovery Wings were originally OnDigital/ITV Digital Exclusives, then they were added to Sky Digital six months later.
Just wanted to say I made a correction with what I said, both Discovery Kids and Discovery Wings were only OnDigital exclusives for six months, both channels joined Sky in September 2000 (about 18 months before ITV Digital collapsed), didn't realise it was that early, but I shouldn't of said something without a source.

shoohorn

So according to the CRTC logs and TELETOON: TV it turns out Polly Pocket: Lunar Eclipse aired on Teletoon in Canada at least 8 times within one month! (somehow there were barely any ads for it judging by the CRTC logs, unless a Polly Pocket commercial had a plug for it maybe...)
I've been trying to find international TV channels that aired it (as well as Polly Pocket: 2 Cool at the Pocket Plaza, which recently aired on Family Jr. in Canada) because hardly any countries aired that on television (even 2 Cool aired on television in more countries). The only other channel I know that aired it was SBT in Brazil

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts