Bye Bye Bunny: A Looney Tunes Musical (Cartoon Network/HBO Max Movie)

wiley207

noo-the-simpsons.gif

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Yeah, a Looney Tunes property getting cancelee makes very little sense. So many things are getting killed and the bigger properties outside of Batman are suffering for a crappy executive.

awinger24

So, it seems like the project is canned given this tweet they put out.

Edit: It looks like it's confirmed given this tweet from Michael Ruocco.

Nothing confirmed from official sources that it's been canned. Wait and see what happens. The project may still continue on but with a different crew.

TsWade2

if only more cartoon youtubers would understand that haha
Yeah, but thankfully, the youtuber Dave Lee Down Under made the a sad news video of the cancellation of Bye Bye Bunny posted his comment as updated the same Tweet post that I posted three posts ago that Bye Bye Bunny is not cancelled. So I think he's going to make a new video to get the youtubers to calm down tomorrow. I hope.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I really don't think that Cartoon Network is long for this world under Zaslav. Looney Tunes and Batman are synonymous with WB, and they had a direct and immediate way of monetizing those projects by airing them on Cartoon Network.

If Zaslav doesn't think that the ad revenue to be gained is worth it, that's like the ultimate vote of no confidence.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I really don't think that Cartoon Network is long for this world under Zaslav. Looney Tunes and Batman are synonymous with WB, and they had a direct and immediate way of monetizing those projects by airing them on Cartoon Network.

If Zaslav doesn't think that the ad revenue to be gained is worth it, that's like the ultimate vote of no confidence.

I should probably preface this by saying that I possess no inside information regarding this matter; I don't know any more than you guys do, so if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but here's my 2 cents:

As I understand, these slashes are mainly for HBO Max, not Cartoon Network. The Zas seems to think that people don't associate the HBO name with children's entertainment, so he's generally eschewing the new animated projects which were originally slated to air there, attempting to farm them out to other platforms, etc.

Michael Ouweleen is still president of Cartoon Network and [adult swim], and on October 9th there is supposed to be a panel at Comic Con where he, Genndy Tartakovsky and others will discuss and reveal WBD's plans for CN going forward. Furthermore, Wikipedia (yeah, I know; not the most credible source) lists Cartoon Network, Cartoonito and Boomerang as sister channels of Discovery Family. I get that Zas is trying to cut costs in an attempt to slim 'n' trim WB down so it'll be more attractive to the next company that wishes to buy it (which as of this writing is looking like Comcast), but I doubt that even he'd be crazy enough to kill Cartoon Network, especially right on its' 30th anniversary. He'd look like Simon Legree, I mean even more than he does now.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
The guy who had his lawyers find tax loopholes to write of near
As I understand, these slashes are mainly for HBO Max, not Cartoon Network. The Zas seems to think that people don't associate the HBO name with children's entertainment, so he's generally eschewing the new animated projects which were originally slated to air there, attempting to farm them out to other platforms, etc.

But these projects were slated to air on cartoon network. The Looney Tunes movies were supposed to debut on Acme Night. Caped Crusader was supposed to air on Cartoon Network, too.

The fact that these projects are now orphaned and homeless does not speak highly about the Zas' regard for Cartoon Network. ESPECIALLY since these are some of WBD's biggest kids' brands.

And do please tell me about the guy who exploited tax loopholes to write off $90 million investments wouldn't shut down CN if he thought it would save money.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Here's an article on Lee Daily.com that addresses fans' fears about Cartoon Network shutting down:

And here's another article from HITC.com about this particular subject:

Basically, both articles state that if Warner Bros. were shutting down CN this or next year, the studio would have made an official statement to announce such, but this hasn't happened. Sam Register says there are plans for CN going forward. Cartoon Network isn't dying, despite rumors of the contrary. Things are bad for Warner Brothers right now, but it's not the end of the world. There are rough spots. There always are, but we can't just lie down and die whenever things get bad, because then there's no chance of things ever getting better. We humans are animals and animals adapt in order to survive.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
The guy who had his lawyers find tax loopholes to write of near

But these projects were slated to air on cartoon network. The Looney Tunes movies were supposed to debut on Acme Night. Caped Crusader was supposed to air on Cartoon Network, too.

The fact that these projects are now orphaned and homeless does not speak highly about the Zas' regard for Cartoon Network. ESPECIALLY since these are some of WBD's biggest kids' brands.

And do please tell me about the guy who exploited tax loopholes to write off $90 million investments wouldn't shut down CN if he thought it would save money.
Look, I am not, repeat, NOT a fan of David Zaslav and I am NOT defending this man's actions by any stretch of the imagination. I just think it's in everyone's best interest to try and keep a cool head and not give in to all of this negativity. WB is in a bad place right now, as is American animation in general outside of Disney. I acknowledge that, but at the same time we can't work ourselves into a dither whenever something happens.

Cartoon Network is not, repeat, NOT shutting down. David Zaslav's actions are reprehensible, but he's not going to kill CN. CN was around before Zaslav got his talons into WB and it'll still be here after he's ransacked WB and sold it off to someone else. Constantly spewing bile and living in a perpetual state of anger and outrage is unhealthy and counterproductive.

TsWade2

Here's the update Cartoon Brew article about this positive reassuring news: Despite Layoffs, Warner’s ‘Bye Bye Bunny’ Is Still ‘Very Much Alive’ At Studio

While I’m happy that it’s still alive and well, but I‘m very upset that evil Zaslav laid off of their crew. That’s so unfair! I hope this doesn’t get cancelled. And I hope it premieres on Cartoon Network and maybe release a Blu-ray/DVD and Digital, because I want to see this because I love musicals.

Last edited:

cheril59

Here's the update Cartoon Brew article about this positive reassuring news: Despite Layoffs, Warner’s ‘Bye Bye Bunny’ Is Still ‘Very Much Alive’ At Studio

While I’m happy that it’s still alive and well, but I‘m very upset that evil Zaslav laid off of their crew. That’s so unfair! I hope this doesn’t get cancelled. And I hope it premieres on Cartoon Network and maybe release a Blu-ray/DVD and Digital, because I want to see this because I love musicals.
You sure it's gonna be animated? Because live action musicals filmed before a live audience disgust me.

Corwin Haught

The article says Zaslav wasn't involved.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts