ThePharaohZ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Bob Chapek is getting replaced by predecessor, Bob Iger. I must say, I don't know how to feel about this, but I do know one thing: I definitely did not like Bob Chapek's views on animation.
    The fact that networks can just cancel projects as "tax write-offs" makes me believe there needs to be some kind of law that stipulates networks are required to relinquish the rights to said project back to the creator (pitches in particular).
    I'll never understand why the Mufasa prequel movie is realistic CGI and not 2d animated.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    The 2019 Lion King made $513million in the US and $1.1billion elsewhere; in modern Hollywood you don't leave a film that makes that kind of money without some kind of follow-up even if it doesn't make much sense, like here

Unfortunately I also don't think they currently have a 2D Animation team that would be ready to go on a project that would feature animation in the style of the original Lion King.
    Eurbane
    Eurbane
    Will there be chance of a live action remake of the lion king 11/2?
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Very unlikely; if they were going that direction they'd do a remake of Simba's Pride rather than a Mufasa prequel
    Seems like the purged CN shows are returning to YT...
    cheril59
    cheril59
    You mean like Robot Jones?
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    He means the shows that were recently purged from HBO Max: Infinity Train, OK, KO! Let's Be Heroes, Mao-Mao, Mighty Magiswords.
    Reactions: JMTV
    After seeing the mass cancellations of cartoons before they even air their first episode on Netflix and WBD, I firmly believe that the creators, not the networks/service, should own the rights to their shows because these companies cancel these projects and just sit on the rights. I hate situations like Nickelodeon and Constant Payne where the former does absolutely nothing with the latter but still owns it.
    So...I guess Winnie the Pooh is a horror movie now.
    Reactions: RainbowCupcake
    cheril59
    cheril59
    You mean...
    Frontier
    Frontier
    Don't remind me...
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I think it's a bit pathetic that the first thing these producers do when they finally have access to the Winnie the Pooh brand is to figure out a way to ruin it. This is why we can't have nice things.
    In the comment section of Vailskibum94's recent video on the cancellation of "Driftwood", I saw someone suggest that the CN higher-ups (who are just as pissed about this as we are) campaign to oust David Zaslav just like Roy E. Disney, the nephew of Walt Disney, did to Michael Eisner. Needless to say, I wish it was possible to like a comment more than once.
    So a while ago I re-read my completed script for my animated pilot. Needless to say, I don't like it. I'm starting fresh. I have a new idea in mind.
    I've recently watched 8 episodes of Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight. Needless to say, I am disappointed with Po's characterization.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts