"Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom" News and Discusion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Makes sense. Pretty sure the first movie only revealed six of seven kingdoms. Only thing that comes to mind from the comics is Thierna Na Oge but I'm not that up on all the places underwater or it could something new created for the movie.
My first thought was in the comics when they revealed at some point Atlanna was still alive and leading a secret civilization menaced by Fire Trolls...but that's probably not what this will be :p.

the greenman

Wan talks about the idea of helming a sequel of one of his films he started:

There's a reason why I don't make three movies in the same series. It'd be lucky to get me to make a sequel. And then after that, I just get bored. I want to do something different.

I would say the thing that really got me excited to come back to it is finding a story that I think is worthy and if not better than the first movie. And also, for me, really, when I come back to a sequel, whether it was for Insidious 2 or The Conjuring 2, and now Aquaman 2 is I helped shape and create these characters that I eventually fall in love with, and I feel like I'm not done with them yet. So I feel like I owe them one more story from me.

[I wanted to] continue the next chapter of Arthur Curry's story, and Orm's story, and Mera's story, and Black Manta's story. [And screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick found] a really cool story to bring all these characters back, and then growing them in a big way, and taking them to the next level or the next chapter of their lives.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Wan talks about the idea of helming a sequel of one of his films he started:

There's a reason why I don't make three movies in the same series. It'd be lucky to get me to make a sequel. And then after that, I just get bored. I want to do something different.

I would say the thing that really got me excited to come back to it is finding a story that I think is worthy and if not better than the first movie. And also, for me, really, when I come back to a sequel, whether it was for Insidious 2 or The Conjuring 2, and now Aquaman 2 is I helped shape and create these characters that I eventually fall in love with, and I feel like I'm not done with them yet. So I feel like I owe them one more story from me.

[I wanted to] continue the next chapter of Arthur Curry's story, and Orm's story, and Mera's story, and Black Manta's story. [And screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick found] a really cool story to bring all these characters back, and then growing them in a big way, and taking them to the next level or the next chapter of their lives.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Sounds good and keeping all the cast's stories going. I'm glad Orm will still have a role to play :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

R.I.P. Kabosu. You will be remembered as one of the most well-known meme dogs.
Oh! I got video of Chris doing "Two Princes".

Back from the gig now. That was really fun. Even if you're not into Spin Doctors, go see Chris Barron if he comes your way. He's a wonderful storyteller.
does anyone seen micahel Cataldo becoming like one of those goanimate people where they post the "my reaction to" videos
My reaction to PAW Patrol and Rubble & Crew airing on Nick on Saturday mornings:

Featured Posts