"Arkham Asylum" (Max) News & Discussion Thread

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It appears the GCPD series evolved into an Arkham one that has a horror slant.
The GCDP thing, that story has kind of evolved, we've actually now moving more into the realm of exactly what would happen in the world of Arkham as it relates coming off of our movie, and some of the characters, again in their origins that you would – almost leaning into the idea of – it's like a horror movie or a haunted house that is Arkham." The idea of, again the way that Gotham is a character in the movie, I really want Arkham to exist as a character, so that you go into this environment and encounter these characters in a way that feels really fresh. And so in our work on Gotham, that story started to evolve, and it started feeling, 'Wait, we should really lean into this.' And that's kind of where that's gone.

Last edited:

reflection01

Music to my eyes. Though if the sequel is tying into that, does that mean we're finally getting CGI villains for Batman on the big screen or just...what we did manage to get on Gotham?

Wasn’t there also an Arkham plot in Gotham as well? So far Reeves is redoing what’s recently been done. A Batman-Catwoman story, Penguin show, now Arkham. I’d love to see something new different. Batman has a lot of villains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Wasn’t there also an Arkham plot in Gotham as well? So far Reeves is redoing what’s recently been done. A Batman-Catwoman story, Penguin show, now Arkham. I’d love to see something new different. Batman has a lot of villains.
Got as far as Dollmaker rearranging body parts and an outbreak of mutants. That show also did Grundy surprisingly enough. Reeves will be redoing the last season of Gotham. Hope by horror they don't just mean more serial killers or Scarecrow inducing some fear sequences.
Batman's got actual almost mythological monsters in his rogues.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Got as far as Dollmaker rearranging body parts and an outbreak of mutants. That show also did Grundy surprisingly enough. Reeves will be redoing the last season of Gotham. Hope by horror they don't just mean more serial killers or Scarecrow inducing some fear sequences.
Batman's got actual almost mythological monsters in his rogues.
Yeah, when they said horror, the Living Hell series came to mind.

Frontier

Staff member
The Arkham series that Matt Reeves was developing will now take place in Gunn's DCU continuity. Reeves will be working on both DCU and Bat-Verse (with Pattinson) projects for Gunn:

Can't say I saw that coming o_O.

I guess this is where they'll be introducing a lot of their takes on Batman's Rogues Gallery.

Frontier

Staff member
Could it come before The Brave and the Bold? We might just see the DCU Batman introduced (even briefly) on this show?
I think there's a better chance of that happening than Pattinson appearing in The Penguin. Contracts seem to stipulate the actors appearing across different pieces of media.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm wondering if Gunn was misinterpreted. Could he mean, Reeves has 2 DCU projects that are officially greenlit - Penguin and Arkham - and is still getting The Batman 2 off the ground rather than what people interpret as Arkham is now set in the mainline DCU continuity?

EDIT: Ok, Gunn clarified Arkham is indeed set in the mainline DC canon. "We love Matt as a director and producer so he'll be producing stories both within his The Batman universe and within the DCU"

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I'm wondering if Gunn was misinterpreted. Could he mean, Reeves has 2 DCU projects that are officially greenlit - Penguin and Arkham - and is still getting The Batman 2 off the ground rather than what people interpret as Arkham is now set in the mainline DCU continuity?

EDIT: Ok, Gunn clarified Arkham is indeed set in the mainline DC canon. "We love Matt as a director and producer so he'll be producing stories both within his The Batman universe and within the DCU"
I wonder if it was a case of "Matt, you can only produce so many Elseworld spinoffs, so we'll need to re-develop this into something that fits our new universe" :p?

Makes me wonder if he'll consult on TBATB at all...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts